Sign in to follow this  
Powell x91

Lockpicks taste good.

So, Pretty much I ate a lockpick. 

All shit jokes aside; Basically the animation for locking/unlocking doors is to take a few bites of the lockpick. 

Nice, Who needs tac bac?! 

(No biggy, Just change it at some point.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My buddy showed me this and I thought it the funniest thing ever

24 minutes ago, Powell x91 said:

So, Pretty much I ate a lockpick. 

All shit jokes aside; Basically the animation for locking/unlocking doors is to take a few bites of the lockpick. 

Nice, Who needs tac bac?! 

(No biggy, Just change it at some point.)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

My buddy showed me this and I thought it the funniest thing ever

Hahahaha bro I literally only realised yesterday when I used one in first person lol I thought I had food equipped by accident or something then was like oh, its a bug haha 

3 hours ago, Eeyeoretherealone said:

Are there things that are actually locked in game? 

Nah, unless you come across a door which another player has locked. The lock picks are pretty much useless right now. You can look doors with them, sure, but why? I guess you could trap people in buildings, if they stay still long enough. 

They will be useful when tents and shit come out but as of now, they're fun for a bit, but pretty shite otherwise.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, droefheid said:

Nah, unless you come across a door which another player has locked. The lock picks are pretty much useless right now. You can look doors with them, sure, but why? I guess you could trap people in buildings, if they stay still long enough. 

They will be useful when tents and shit come out but as of now, they're fun for a bit, but pretty shite otherwise.

They are not as useless as you think. You could very easily barricade yourself by locking qll the entrance doors, if say you are a 2 man squad and get attacked by a 4 man squad.

You can also use lockpicks to unlock base doors and storage boxes and such. I always carry a lockpick if I can find it. You never know

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

They are not as useless as you think. You could very easily barricade yourself by locking qll the entrance doors, if say you are a 2 man squad and get attacked by a 4 man squad.

You can also use lockpicks to unlock base doors and storage boxes and such. I always carry a lockpick if I can find it. You never know

I don't know man, the way things are looking on Xbox currently, it's a bum rush, obviously this isn't every occurrence! but by this logic you wouldn't have time to barricade yourself in.

I did not know that you can use lock picks to unlock base doors, I'm guessing this is the pre made army bases and not the player made bases from the mod ; as there no base building yet?

Edited by droefheid

2 minutes ago, droefheid said:

I don't know man, the way things are looking on Xbox currently, it's a bum rush, obviously this isn't every occurrence! but by this logic you wouldn't have time to barricade yourself in.

I did not know that you can use lock picks to unlock base doors, I'm guessing this is the pre made army bases and not the player made bases from the mod ; as there no base building yet?

No you're misunderstanding. 

1. Regarding bases. When player bases are in the game. If a door is locked you can unlock with a lockpick. If they add storage boxes, or something you can also unlock. This is for future.

2. If your statement is true. About bum rushing people, people seriously are not understanding how to play lol.

The people I play against, they would wait outside for an opening or try to surround. Yes they bum rush at a point but it's not heavily.

Locking a door takes 2 seconds. If you close a door and have a lockpick in hoybar, you can lock before they reach the door. If they open the door immediately and rush you, that's their death. I'd capitalize on that.

I'm not sure what to tell you other than mess around. I utilize lockpicks all the time. Either locking a bandit in a house and watching from outside, shooting through the window, locking a door behind me when I'm being attacked, locking a door safely just incase someone spawns, or isnt seen initially. Or just locking my friend in a cell for the laughs.

They are rare, valuable and useful. At least how I use them. Locking doors is a seriously useful feature. As well as unlocking. But I guess it's how you play. 

I play carefully. If was in barracks, and we had to eat food and drink. You better believe I am locking door first. If someone is shooting me. Odds are I will be more than 3 seconds ahead of them. So I run inside, lock door. And try and peek. If it becomes a massive issue, say 10 people corner me and my friend in a house, I'd either take them out if i can or just jump servers. It's not worth the fight

21 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

No you're misunderstanding. 

1. Regarding bases. When player bases are in the game. If a door is locked you can unlock with a lockpick. If they add storage boxes, or something you can also unlock. This is for future.

Nah I didn't misunderstand bro, you never stated your point in full xD

Your post is in reference to what I'm presuming is the PC version of the game. People have the KoS mentality in the Xbox version, there is no time to run inside and worry about locking the door. By the time you have tried to either talk or flee, the 'you are dead' prompt has appeared.

This makes me nervous for this games near future, but I'm sure the PUBG and COD players will dip out soon enough. 

In the current state of the Xbox build (both player base and state of the game in general) lock-picks are useless, they may be good for trolling, locking people away etc, but they lack any real purpose other than a laugh. I'd much rather lay waiting behind an unlocked door and spray my attacker when he walks in, then wait for someone to shoot me through one of the windows because they are tired of waiting for me to come out. Maybe in the future, when player bases and storage are implemented they will become useful, but for now they're a novelty.

Edited by droefheid
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

Unsure as to why you have confused reacted. What is confusing about the post bro?

6 hours ago, Eeyeoretherealone said:

Are there things that are actually locked in game? 

3 hours ago, droefheid said:

Nah, unless you come across a door which another player has locked.

.. er    ..   a lockpick both LOCKS and UNLOCKS a door .. hmmm ..  

how useful that is depends on if you've got one or not, and who else carries them, and what they use them for

Just now, pilgrim* said:

.. er    ..   a lockpick both LOCKS and UNLOCKS a door .. hmmm ..  

how useful that is depends on if you've got one or not, and who else carries them, and what they use them for

He asked if there are things which are locked in the game, I stated, not unless another player has locked it?

1 minute ago, droefheid said:

He asked if there are things which are locked in the game, I stated, not unless another player has locked it?

A-OK dude    - so what would YOU use to lock a door ?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, pilgrim* said:

A-OK dude    - so what would YOU use to lock a door ?

Uh, a lock pick?

Dude, you talk some utter shite.

• Like 1

Just now, droefheid said:

Uh, a lock pick?

Dude, you talk some utter shite.

bye friend,  have a nice life.. stay frosty

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Sorry fellas didn’t want any beef, I’ve played like 200hrs on PC and a whole bunch on XB, all that time I’ve never realised you could lock doors and never came across a locked door, never made it to a decent military base on PC so I thought there might have been something there you could use them on. 

• Beans 1

9 minutes ago, Eeyeoretherealone said:

Sorry fellas didn’t want any beef, I’ve played like 200hrs on PC and a whole bunch on XB, all that time I’ve never realised you could lock doors and never came across a locked door, never made it to a decent military base on PC so I thought there might have been something there you could use them on. 

Lockpicks are just for the player to lock or unlock doors. No door is locked unless  a player has locked it.  .. So - for instance -  if you want a quiet <safer>  place to log out in the middle of town, go up to a second floor and lock yourself in a room ..   hmm??  Also you can lock a shed out in the country, I've seen players stash a barrel in a shed and lock the door.. How useful that is I'll leave you to decide.  For me (on PC) lockpicks seem to get worn down fast, after only being used a few times. 

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Sign in to follow this