DRxGRIMCOREx

Helpful Information / Water storage

So I survived for three days, but as most of us I died to the elements of the game, dehydration. I have recently found out the cooking pots can be filled with an abundance of water that you can store in your back pack with no extra weight to your items currently stored in the pot, which is something I’ll be doing in the future, simply equip the pot to your hands and use a water fountain to refill it, I’m not sure about rivers and ponds etc but I will update this when i come to trying. You can sip from it like a bottle apperantly so I hope that comes useful but I am still in need of a canteen, two would be crate but any information about locations would be great, I’ve only been too two airfields with small military bases so I’ll be moving to the bigger ones tomorrow. Also you can wash your hands by stepping and crouching at the very edge of rivers and ponds to prevent infection when it’s patched in. Your water bottle will hold more water than any other bottle in the game apperantly so keep one before you make a suppressed if you have no ammo or magazine it will save your life, also opening food cans with your axe with deplete the amount of food in the can, if you open it with a knife it reduces that amount but to get the full amount of food from your cans use a can opener when you find one as it will stretch your supplies out further. I’m still looking for ammo crates to bury items, you can use cooking pots, first aid boxes, dry back backs and small dry bags to stash items if needed, there are some pretty large red dry bags you can bury if you’re about to die, it’s easy to micro manage if you navigate your inventory slowly so you don’t crash it. Hold A on the item you want to move and without releasing A, navigate to the next bag or clothing with the LT or RT and when you are in the micro menu release A and the item will drop into the open slot. Works well but you may have to play around until you get used to it. You will need a spade to bury the item but simply once you have filled your container you drop it on the floor and after equipping your shovel the game should prompt you with RT to bury the item. Remember the server you buried it in as the stash will not follow the character it will stay locked to the server so if you intend to retrieve the items log the server code and stash securely, the ground will be covered with a small dark patch of dirt making it slightly visible to other players. Also for switching to your scope you can do by shouldering your weapon with the LT, clicking the left bumper to ADS and then clicking the right bumper to switch from iron sight to the scope optic. This is probably a known fact but navigating through IZurvive on iPhone is a game changer, it makes getting around much easier than following your instincts. I hope this small bit of information helps you guys out, for video walkthroughs check out soyLegend on YouTube, he has done some recent how to videos I learned a lot from which you may find useful so it’s worth checking out for more clearer instructions on how to do these things in game! 

Thanks for reading 

See you in game :)

So I’ve managed to survive for 2 days now, just made it to balota after spawning way north of Solnichniy. I found a canteen there, but it was in the pocket of some uniform lying around there! Always check the clothing on the ground for hidden items

Hey you should not be dying of dehydration. First know the terrain. Look for where mountains meet at base. Just like in reality you will find springs or streams. In in field and you see line of trees and it dips down between them water will be there. If not follow that gully down and youll find water. Along most roads you will find water nearby. Finaly if you se smooth rocks on ground follow them down, they will lead to water. Use the Dayz app or google and they will also so you all water sources.

1 hour ago, Swainy11 said:

So I’ve managed to survive for 2 days now, just made it to balota after spawning way north of Solnichniy. I found a canteen there, but it was in the pocket of some uniform lying around there! Always check the clothing on the ground for hidden items

There will always be a little + sign next to the name of the clothing/backpack if it has anything in its pockets. Also check zombies after you kill them they may have food/drink on them. 

• Like 1

On 18.9.2018 at 5:34 AM, Eeyeoretherealone said:

There will always be a little + sign next to the name of the clothing/backpack if it has anything in its pockets. Also check zombies after you kill them they may have food/drink on them. 

It may take a bit time till things spawn, but always check the body again after a minute or so. Key to do it with military zeds when using the Mosin and looking for ammo.