TheYetiBum

Being a friendly survivor feels good man

So today I had such great experiences on DayZ, my character has survived many days playing solo and in squads, I'd travelled all across the map & tbh I was starting to hope for death so I could start the loot cycle again.

Then it struck me, collect a dry bag, fill it with a combat knife, tins of tactical bacon and a canteen of purified water. Throw in the MP5 decked with silencer , 2 mags and a few boxes of 9mm rounds aswell as rope and a sack to make an improvised bag. 

Then head for the coast find a fresh spawn thats not full psycho and has a mike, then offer him the ultimate starter kit. On my way I found a wannabe bandit sat on the hill near solnichniy, I approached him with gun on back and scared the hell out of him with prox chat, I was the first person he had seen in the game at all lol. Gave him some cans of pipsi after a short chat & left (after asking to not be shot in the spine on my way down hill).

made my way out of solnichniy towards berezino when I spotted a freshy looting up houses so ran over and shouted hello and asked if assistance was required, now the guy was French & spoke broken English at best. My French is okay but we came to the understanding that I wasn't gonna kill him and that I wanted to give him a present. At this point I hand him the bag and he explodes over comms with joy!

The guy had been spawning and running into berezino death match arena for about a week and was ready to uninstall , but I turned his experience around, I showed him my central route up north using forest trails and hitting military bases and police stations galore all the way upto NWAF where I had to log off and leave him. So Emanuel the French guy.........your welcome & good luck and remember  pass it on

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 4

44 minutes ago, DRxGRIMCOREx said:

Sounds awesome dude, I haven’t met a single player yet, keep up th good work 

How long have you been playing? Unless your in a full server and sticking to roads or places of interest it can be really tricky finding other survivors. Tbh 9 out of 10 players will kill you on sight mainly through fear that you'll kill them. And if you see a squad either hide, get the hell outa there or try and take them out as I guarantee they'll be in party chat therefore can't talk ingame and will be out for blood. Best place to find friendly survivors is the coast really, run along the coast between the road and the ocean looting small boats for food and soda cans until you see a fresh spawn with a mike then see if they wanna team up using ingame prox chat, stay in prox chat and you'll be suprised how many people are around you at all times as soon enough more friendly survivors will pipe up wanting to join your gang or kill you lol. Either way it's interaction. Once ppl know the map more as hotspots it'll feel more lively. Hope you find other survivors soon my friend 

• Like 1

Man I agree with you..

I've given startes water, bottles, equipment etc.. To ensure they don't kill you, stash the bag, give them shovel tell them where to dig.

Wish pens were available now so we could write gift notes and leave them in the packs giving gamertag etc..

My group are gonna be holding out in guard houses with PAs inviting starters in to help them get geared, then it's hunt the bandits time :-)

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Awesome to see threads and experiences like this! Good on you op for helping to crate a more dynamic and positive experience within DayZ.

Surely, you will receive that same kindness in return.

• Beans 1

Good for you man. Makes me happy to see stories like this

20 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

The guy had been spawning and running into berezino death match arena for about a week and was ready to uninstall , but I turned his experience around

Thank you for being a positive and helpful survivor. People that play that role can make the difference between someone uninstalling completely. A new hero, or someone going completely bandit.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Bombarding said:

Good for you man. Makes me happy to see stories like this

Thank you for being a positive and helpful survivor. People that play that role can make the difference between someone uninstalling completely. A new hero, or someone going completely bandit.

Thank you.

I've been watching PC  DayZ on YouTube from back in the Arma mod days & wished one day it'd come to console . I've watched the standalone a development from day one & took even more interest once it was mentioned that the new engine would be designed to be ported directly to xbox. So I pretty much knew the map and how it's changed and grown & knew exactly how what mechanics were currently in the PC 0.63 build so I guess I had a head start on new players. Also a good map with forest trails and point of interest up to date online & an ingame compass go along way. The PvP can get stale quick due to it's limitations and reduced weapon selection ATM so being friendly , using in game chat & not having a KOS mentality can pay off if your wise about who you choose to interact with. If a players carrying a weapon out especially a rifle or SMG un suppressed I tend to assume there hostile so tend to follow for awhile to see if they post up to snipe or if there just abit scared from being constantly shot after two hours of looting by someone they didn't see and who certainly didn't even try and be a bandit and loot them , tie them up , etc. Atleast a good bandit interacts and makes a story out of the situation, I've talked down bandits and rolled with them happily through prox chat . Anyway guys I'm rambling but hope to see you out there in chernarus . Names The Yeti Bum, hope you all find SVD's with mags at heli crash sites on your next respawn :)

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

5 hours ago, Turdstick said:

Man I agree with you..

I've given startes water, bottles, equipment etc.. To ensure they don't kill you, stash the bag, give them shovel tell them where to dig.

Wish pens were available now so we could write gift notes and leave them in the packs giving gamertag etc..

My group are gonna be holding out in guard houses with PAs inviting starters in to help them get geared, then it's hunt the bandits time :-)

Good on you dude, you should post the server number your squad join and a radio signal so friendly survivors can jump on and join the mission . And I agree the pen should be added again for writing out messages for other survivors. I'm sure we will see many items and reworked mechanics in the next two months added back in . Fingers crossed 

legendary dude, there should be more out there like you. i was north side of airfield last night checking out military tents when i bumped into a dude, he shouts friendly! so i say the same,  so i crouch down and turn away with my weapon facing side on to him so he knew i wasn't aiming at him. Next thing bang you are dead... I mean wow there are big some big trust issues with people on this game lol 

• Like 1