JagKannabisSith

30 wolves and Database Lock

Question

I just want to state I love Dayz, but there are a few problems. 

1. I was just outside Tisy Military Base and I heard the howling of wolves. As I proceeded to shoot the wolves there were 30 of them spawned around me. I do know wolves travel in packs and I have killed 5 that were in a pack but never 30. Needless to say it wiped my character. 

2. As I was entering a server I had a message come up on the loading screen and it said “character locked in database 4 more attempts.” All 4 went down super fast and now all the work I just put in from being wiped from the wolves was just taken away from me. 

Xbox one x 

Version: 0.63.148631 

Jag

8 answers to this question

First.  I know your pain.  I used to make a thing of trying to kill wolves with melee only, but not in this patch.  Now they will actually run away when I come at them with an axe, only coming close enough to bite me when I get frustrated and try to run away to a structure for more security.
So use this to your advantage, and try to make sure you know where nearby structures are.  There is a bit of a no man's land immediately around Tisy.  Plan you approach carefully, and pay attention to those caravans; they are my favorite way of safely killing wolves.

Database locks resolve themselves on PC after the next server reset.

Good luck.  And keep your eyes up and your head on a swivel.  Last couple wolf packs I met made no noise before biting me.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Thirty wolves - wow, worth loosing a character just to have that story to tell your grandchildren - bet you were screaming aloud right there at your rig
.. ain't DayZ a once-in-a-lifetime  game ? 

stick with it Xbox players

• Thanks 1

Fair enough man, I guess you get come up with a name for a group that big, can’t reall call that a pack, a horde or an avalanche maybe lol

Edited by Eeyeoretherealone
  • Beans 1