bent.toe

Bought an Xbox One X for this game

Hi fellow ps4:ers,

One thing that pisses me off about sony is their lack of early access programs. Sure we did get Ark and H1Z1...but other than that we miss out on a lot.

I love my ps4pro and got 393 games in it, but i hate missing out in games like pubg, Hunt Showdown, vigor, dayZ, subnautica and so on...

When i heard Dayz was going game preview on Xbox the 29th of august and with Q1 release on ps4 i could just not wait.

It's a hard game with zero forgivness, much harder than demon souls and the likes. But it was so worth it.

I got around 170 hours invested and on my 19th character (you die a lot) and still have a lot to explore. Everything in this game is out to kill you (except the chickens) from wolves, bears, zombies, thirst, hunger, bulls, high places, weather and all the bugs...but it is so fun.

Think of it as ESO or Skyrim or Withcher 3 but without the fantasy.

If you got the money...do it.

Or....wait 5-7 months.

Edited by bent.toe
  • Like 2
  • Beans 3

On 9/20/2018 at 4:40 PM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

And maybe talk before you shoot.

This cannot be overstated enough!

We, as console players, need to make sure we’re careful how we shape our community within DayZ.

Too many of our games are nothing but mindless killfests. This game encourages a more diplomatic and social aspect that’s been drastically needed in our games.

Holding someone up, and gauging their demeanor, is extremely fun. Those split seconds could mean the difference between death, and a long time survivor partner. You just never know who you’ll run into in DayZ.

The possibilities for RP is almost endless. I like to play as if I’m in the game, and make my decisions accordingly.

Welcome to Xbox and DayZ, good luck out there!

• Beans 2

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:07 PM, bent.toe said:

Hi fellow ps4:ers,

One thing that pisses me off about sony is their lack of early access programs. Sure we did get Ark and H1Z1...but other than that we miss out on a lot.

I love my ps4pro and got 393 games in it, but i hate missing out in games like pubg, Hunt Showdown, vigor, dayZ, subnautica and so on...

When i heard Dayz was going game preview on Xbox the 29th of august and with Q1 release on ps4 i could just not wait.

It's a hard game with zero forgivness, much harder than demon souls and the likes. But it was so worth it.

I got around 170 hours invested and on my 19th character (you die a lot) and still have a lot to explore. Everything in this game is out to kill you (except the chickens) from wolves, bears, zombies, thirst, hunger, bulls, high places, weather and all the bugs...but it is so fun.

Think of it as ESO or Skyrim or Withcher 3 but without the fantasy.

If you got the money...do it.

Or....wait 5-7 months.

I agree buying an Xbox One X for this game is worth it!

• Haha 1

On 5/18/2019 at 2:26 AM, Man Parts 241 said:

Bet you're regretting it now lol

Why would he be regretting it, and why is it necessary to revive a 8-month old 100% dead thread just for that statement?

The game has gotten _a lot_ better since that - way more guns, cars that are working, waaaay more functions and stuff like that - I personally have not regretting buying the game at the same time as OP did and is loving it like most other (that does not make me blind to the bugs though, I've written my opinion on those a lot of times by now).

Sure, there are still bugs (new ones and old ones, but things are steadily improving at all times, of course with minor setback along the roads as it would have been with ay other game or development in general) but if anyone expected the bugs to totally go away at any time then I dont think that person has been taking the time to follow the development of the game or the development of other games like this (there aint many though) before.

I can't help but wonder, I see you coming with severe statements about how bad, bad, bad, bad, bad and bad this game is almost every day - if you really are feeling that way, then why are you still playing and wouldn't another game be better suited for you if you hate it as much as you often give the impression of?

No BS, just curious.

Edited by Jonas Levin

1 hour ago, Jonas Levin said:

Why would he be regretting it, and why is it necessary to revive a 8-month old 100% dead thread just for that statement?

The game has gotten _a lot_ better since that - way more guns, cars that are working, waaaay more functions and stuff like that - I personally have not regretting buying the game at the same time as OP did and is loving it like most other (that does not make me blind to the bugs though, I've written my opinion on those a lot of times by now).

Sure, there are still bugs (new ones and old ones, but things are steadily improving at all times, of course with minor setback along the roads as it would have been with ay other game or development in general) but if anyone expected the bugs to totally go away at any time then I dont think that person has been taking the time to follow the development of the game or the development of other games like this (there aint many though) before.

I can't help but wonder, I see you coming with severe statements about how bad, bad, bad, bad, bad and bad this game is almost every day - if you really are feeling that way, then why are you still playing and wouldn't another game be better suited for you if you hate it as much as you often give the impression of?

No BS, just curious.

Dead thread was at the top of a dead from section. Didn't even realize until afterwards.

I haven't played since just after 1.0. I bitch and complain because I love what Day Z COULD BE if in the right hands. I'll be done with this all together soon enough tho.

I've been waiting for THIS game since zombie spawns were dictated by player proximity. Haven't been following it. Just saying I've been waiting...

I love survival games. This fits me perfectly. At first I gave it the benefit of the doubt since it was early preview. I knew there were gonna be bugs, glitches, etc. What I didn't know is that BI would be horrible at doing their job at fixing these WELL KNOWN AND OBVIOUSLY PRIORITY NUMBER 1 fixes.

There is no other game like Day Z on Xbox or console for that matter. Sure there are other survival games like Ark, Conan, Minecraft, etc. Those games aren't Day Z tho.

I love Day Z for what it can be. I just hate how it's being managed and developed.

Edited by Man Parts 241
I went back to Minecraft to get my Survival PvE fix lol
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 2:26 AM, Man Parts 241 said:

Bet you're regretting it now lol

Yeah.. In some way i do. 

But the game gave me 600+ hours of (mostly) a good time. 

It's the developers that are ruining the game experience with their lack of polish and bug fixing. 

Adding a new (broken) car instead of fixing a major problem like duping... I mean, come on. Priorites

What are you plans now ? Are you going to buy the PS4 version and ditch the X one ? I hope to see you in the Xbox forums still lol.

Edited by MarczXD320

21 hours ago, MarczXD320 said:

What are you plans now ? Are you going to buy the PS4 version and ditch the X one ? I hope to see you in the Xbox forums still lol.

I got 3 friends on ps4 that are eager to play it.. Only got one friend still playing it on the X. Most likely i will buy it for ps4 aswell... It's  not like I loose any progress or unlocked skins lol. 

But i will switch back and forth depending on whos online. 

I will continue moaning in the xbox forum and most likely here aswell.