JJFinlayson02

Need a way to stop Combat Loggers on Xbox One.

Look people who keep posting about this, they know about and have a solution just like on PC so just chill. Its the beta they are working on other bigger issues.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aj1pco said:

Sounds to me like a lot of people in here who like the PVP type of gameplay but there is the RPG side of the game also, which is conflicting the different types of gameplay, for example, I like to play the game in as a RPG,  meeting new people, making friends, helping people and working together in a zombie apocalypse (and no I don't combat jump, I stay away from people killing other players or on low pop servers) Then there are the type of players who want the PUBG type of gameplay "kill everyone they see" I'm not saying it's wrong but it's not fair when someone has played for hours just to be gunned down for nothing, imo that's why people exit games quickly. For me the sooner dedicated servers come out for different types of gameplay the better or better still private rent servers so the host can run that server as they see fit.

Thats part of the game though? Its not like there are servers you cant kill in or die in. The point is to survive. If you wish to risk that by interacting with others that is your decision and a risk you choose to take. There are so many towns that noone goes to so many houses in the middle of the woods. You can play for days in a full server and not come in contact with a single player if you choose to do so. If people quit because another surviver chose not to risk contact and eliminated the possible threat because that person wasnt careful enough to use cover and not be seen that is their own fault. I understand your point but even if they say server so and so is RP it wont stop KOS. Imagine the end of the world and supplies are short you think people out there wouldnt kill for a better chance of surviving? I know if I was one of 60 people left I would take as little risk as possible

• Like 1

On 16/09/2018 at 6:58 PM, JJFinlayson02 said:

I've been reading through the forums and not once have I seen anything about Combat Loggers. In a space of 6 hours of gameplay 7 people combat logged because they knew they would've died. Can you try to add in a 'Log Off Counter' on Xbox One to try and stop this. It was a problem on PC and it was fixed. Now it's a problem on XBOX. Please fix this.

While I can see this may be an issue to some people I can’t understand why it’s so important I have noticed several comments about server jumping,combat logging for positional advantage etc these are valid problems but to complain because you didn’t get to kill someone ? Obviously you were frustrated but surely 10 mins on PUBG or FORTNITE will solve your urges then you could return anew(oops or would that be server hopping ?)

Ffs people payed the same money as us all let them play the game as they will, not all prey is captured.

8 hours ago, aj1pco said:

I'm not saying it's wrong but it's not fair when someone has played for hours just to be gunned down for nothing,

Thing is - DayZ is NOT a fair game..  it was designed to be NOT fair. There is NO rule of Law and there is NO safe place.  you can loot for hours and be fully kitted up and if you AREN'T CAREFUL a player who just fresh spawned 3 mins ago and only found an old monkey wrench, or with his bare fists -  he can kill you dead..

He's NOT cheating..  

YOU just LOST the GAME.   You thought you were safe but you were not. Nowhere is ever safe in DayZ, that's the POINT of DAYZ

The AIM of DayZ is to avoid getting killed - to Survive.  There is NO WAY to Win DayZ. There are a million ways to TRY to avoid LOSING -  you choose for yourself how best to do that.. at every moment you are in danger and you make Decisions that might be good or bad, what you do might work or it might not work. Nothing is safe ever.  That is what DayZ is ABOUT.

So if you LIKE that and you want to PLAY DAYZ.. then you CANT have a button that says <Get Me Out Of the Game Now With All My Stuff>>

Because if you have that, then you're never in danger. It makes the game pointless   - You can play THAT game forever but you're not playing DayZ. you can make stupid selfish moves and log out as soon as you notice how stupid that was, and stay alive ?? ..  Nah ! . .. In DayZ you pay the price.  If you were gunned down, you were standing in the wrong place - that's YOUR fault. Know better next time. This is what DayZ is for.

Anything that makes DayZ safe to play, screws the game up completely.  Sorry about that - DayZ is supposed to be not safe and not fair, and you have to work out ways of dealing with that  IN the GAME.  - and in your head -

That's just one big reason WHY you cant log out instantly. 

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Like 2

Ok, tell me what killing a person, who has done nothing to you is all about, what is the point why do you need to do that, there is plenty of food and water and it respawns, so why needless killing, what do you get out of it.

• Beans 1

16 minutes ago, aj1pco said:

Ok, tell me what killing a person, who has done nothing to you is all about, what is the point why do you need to do that, there is plenty of food and water and it respawns, so why needless killing, what do you get out of it.

Tasty human steaks

31 minutes ago, aj1pco said:

so that's the reason and how to play the game.

That’s one reason. How does one know another is not a threat? Because they say so? Heaps of folk have been betrayed by someone they trusted, over trivial things like a canteen or ammo, within minutes or even days of travelling together. Someone claiming to be friendly going the opposite way may well head into the bush and double back following you and kill you for sport. It is technically safer to eliminate a potential threat than take the risk of getting close (its worth trying to talk to them from cover at least). Your truest way of stating safe is to have at least one other person and have them cover you and flank the other survivor in case it goes bad. You should never trust another player unless you know them. 

But like I said earlier it’s mainly tasty human steaks. 

Edited by Eeyeoretherealone

35 minutes ago, aj1pco said:

Why do jackasses feel the need to be jackasses that is a question asked since the dawn of time. Maybe they felt like ruining some persons day. Maybe they felt threatened the possibilities are endless and such is DayZ. Maybe they got killed by a newspawn as it takes only a few well placed hits with even just your fists to end them. Noone has to do anything to you for you to want to kill them. Im just confused as to why people get upset when games dont hold their hand and coddle their loot for them. This games the only game that can go from dull to making your heart race in a matter of seconds.

53 minutes ago, aj1pco said:

You're playing a game that only has PvP servers and you're asking why people PvP? You're playing the wrong game bro.

So many PVP players in here who don't seem to grasp the full context of the RPG side of the game. To the few jackasses who think it's all about going around killing people for the fun of it, your in for a SHOCK. I am not playing the wrong game this is NOT just PVP, maybe some people are mistaking this for PUBG and you are playing the wrong game.

2 hours ago, aj1pco said:

So many PVP players in here who don't seem to grasp the full context of the RPG side of the game. To the few jackasses who think it's all about going around killing people for the fun of it, your in for a SHOCK. I am not playing the wrong game this is NOT just PVP, maybe some people are mistaking this for PUBG and you are playing the wrong game.

The problem is theres not much you can do at the moment besides pvp safely. You cant tie people up burlap sacks are buggy and pulling out weapon is instant. You tell people to lay down or drop their weapon and they can pull weapon and shoot before you do. Theres no bases or half the stuff in game and theres been multiple wipes already. If you look at the bugs page there probably will be one soon because people are still getting locked. That as well as being able to gear up in 30 minutes there is no real risk.Im sure it will calm down it just got released maybe take the time to practice the guns etc. 

21 hours ago, aj1pco said:

Some men just want to watch the world burn...

Until the games at 1.0 or beta release and private hire servers become a thing (if they become a thing) then combat logging will remain prevalent. Once RP servers with strict rule sets and 24/7 admins come into play then a lot of the casual players who don't want to PvP will dissapear from public servers for good which will alleviate the problem. I personally can't wait to have more options for server settings like FPP only as TPP is as far away from hardcore as you can get. Plus people need to remember once all diseases are in & weather effects actually hurt you/slow you down etc. And all weapons are in, it'll be a much much harder game a finding the right mag and ammo will take much longer.  All this in itself will reduce PvP 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Until the games at 1.0 or beta release and private hire servers become a thing (if they become a thing) then combat logging will remain prevalent. Once RP servers with strict rule sets and 24/7 admins come into play then a lot of the casual players who don't want to PvP will dissapear from public servers for good which will alleviate the problem. I personally can't wait to have more options for server settings like FPP only as TPP is as far away from hardcore as you can get. Plus people need to remember once all diseases are in & weather effects actually hurt you/slow you down etc. And all weapons are in, it'll be a much much harder game a finding the right mag and ammo will take much longer.  All this in itself will reduce PvP 

Liking this comment because I love everything you said apart from the reducing PvP bit. That's like reducing racing in Forza....

23 hours ago, aj1pco said:

If you read memoirs from the First World War - a lot of people in the trenches say exactly the same thing as you (real people, not game avatars) .. and it's a theme that turns up in many war stories, and war films and apocalypse films .. and philosophers have discussed exactly that since the ancient Greeks.. ""this guy is the same as me, why do I have to kill him (or be killed by him)""? 

One theory says - From the time homo sapiens developed, from the stone age to today .. the only ONE dangerous deadly animal that he ever had to face and deal with ALL the time, anywhere - was other human beings. So we never had a reason to get together against an outside danger, we were our own danger, and that's become a kind of instinct. 

Like, why did generations of Vikings turn up totally geared up and kill & loot & pillage & burn monasteries full of peaceful monks, who just wanted a quiet thoughtful life.. and why are hundreds of Syrian civilian families (plenty of them completely non-violent innocent, especially the kids, right?) - why are THEY being bombed flat by totally geared up foreigners, as well as their own government?

Hey the pilot of that warplane ain't never even SEEN or MET those people he's bombing to death.. he don't know them. The Vikings didn't have a chat with the monks about their fave books before the battle, either. Maybe their King got together a raid for profit and some of the crew were just there because they needed the work?  ..    List all the words that mean "raider" "footpad" "bandit" "highwayman "invader" "terrorist" "killer" "outlaw" .. there are a few hundred of those words going back in time right to the first tribes and families.. 

If you look at human beings, all the way from Real Life through to Mad Max.. killing a person who has done nothing to you -  it seems to happen. So what's new?

For hundreds of years, some folk have chosen NOT to do that, too..

It's your game. Play it

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, CarlTheGooner said:

Liking this comment because I love everything you said apart from the reducing PvP bit. That's like reducing racing in Forza....

DayZ is a hardcore Survival game, not a hardcore deathmatch. I too love some good PvP but ATM being able to get fully kitted in 30mins then spraying down people with total disregard for your own life because you know you can just sprint Inland if you die and get kitted again and rinse & repeat. PvP will remain an important part of Dayz but in the future getting geared will take substantially longer, surviving long enough to get north and geared will be substantially harder and take longer but the top end of the gameplay curve will be higher. People will be looting for vehicle parts, building materials & medical supplies. at the moment theres no end game for players who feel like once there kitted they've won DayZ , especially if theyve already got full map and mechanic knowledge. So they tend to just go kill anyone they can find due to boredom. I love DayZ and think the Devs have done a great job with this port and with updates so far, but this build isn't even DayZ really and after a few weeks of rinse and repeat gameplay with little to no nuance except the occasional fun or tense player interaction I for one will be taking an extended break until a content update arrives. Many will continue the deathmatch and more power to them but if I wanna kill I go play PUBG or SIEGE so I don't have to wait three hours to maybe kill a guy who's gonna run Into a bush and log, I'd rather ace a team , get a chicken dinner or reach diamond rank. I'll come back to DayZ EZ Mode once it actually becomes hardcore

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheYetiBum said:

DayZ is a hardcore Survival game, not a hardcore deathmatch. I too love some good PvP but ATM being able to get fully kitted in 30mins then spraying down people with total disregard for your own life because you know you can just sprint Inland if you die and get kitted again and rinse & repeat. PvP will remain an important part of Dayz but in the future getting geared will take substantially longer, surviving long enough to get north and geared will be substantially harder and take longer but the top end of the gameplay curve will be higher. People will be looting for vehicle parts, building materials & medical supplies. at the moment theres no end game for players who feel like once there kitted they've won DayZ , especially if theyve already got full map and mechanic knowledge. So they tend to just go kill anyone they can find due to boredom. I love DayZ and think the Devs have done a great job with this port and with updates so far, but this build isn't even DayZ really and after a few weeks of rinse and repeat gameplay with little to no nuance except the occasional fun or tense player interaction I for one will be taking an extended break until a content update arrives. Many will continue the deathmatch and more power to them but if I wanna kill I go play PUBG or SIEGE so I don't have to wait three hours to maybe kill a guy who's gonna run Into a bush and log, I'd rather ace a team , get a chicken dinner or reach diamond rank. I'll come back to DayZ EZ Mode once it actually becomes hardcore

While I agree with most of what you've said let's not kid ourselves, even when it turns to proper Dayz with the night and day cycle and disease etc, you're still just gonna be able to get on one of the scores of empty servers and gear up fast. But totally with you, the only reason I shoot on sight 90% of the time is because it's happend to me too many times. It's like the bullied who becomes the bully. 

I can't wait to RP and/or squad up and play in a group. Made a few posts on here looking for people to play with as I only have one mate who plays and he works tons so he's hardly ever on. I play mostly alone though I'd rather be playing with others. 

Edited by CarlTheGooner
Typo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, CarlTheGooner said:

While I agree with most of what you've said let's not kid ourselves, even when it turns to proper Dayz with the night and day cycle and disease etc, you're still just gonna be able to get on one of the scores of empty servers and gear up fast. But totally with you, the only reason I shoot on sight 90% of the time is because it's happend to me too many times. It's like the bullied who becomes the bully. 

I can't wait to RP and/or squad up and play in a group. Made a few posts on here looking for people to play with as I only have one mate who plays and he works tons so he's hardly ever on. I play mostly alone though I'd rather be playing with others. 

Once some more content is added I'll hit you up dude. Plus those pesky server hoppers may get looted faster but all that time spent alone in a server is time there not practising surviving, evading or fighting. There always easy kills trying to spray ya down in TPP soft aim & hitting nothing through pure panic lol. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Once some more content is added I'll hit you up dude. Plus those pesky server hoppers may get looted faster but all that time spent alone in a server is time there not practising surviving, evading or fighting. There always easy kills trying to spray ya down in TPP soft aim & hitting nothing through pure panic lol. 

Sounds good. Im on the busy servers all the time getting shot at, gone are the days of having a character for a week on the empty servers. Play on low pop for the first hour, just till I get food and water and hopefully a bag, then I'm over to the full ones. 

Edited by CarlTheGooner

Something should be done to eliminate this. I really do not have a solution to interject at the moment, but I agree 100% that players should not be able to leave when in combat and server hop.