Sign in to follow this  
Jeb33

Server reset - Locked in room (unable to open with lockpik)

I hadnt realized the server was going to reset and tested out the lockpick; choosing a room with 1 exit of course. I locked it and two minutes later the server reset. I'm currently locked in a room and have tried other servers but always it spawns with a locked door I cant unlock. Any ideas?

Pretty much tried everything I can with the lockpick to get it to function; still no luck. Im currently going to try to get my friend to come and unlock this door but that might take a day. 

The problem is I have the lockpick in hand; being given the option to unlock door [HOLD] however the white circle does appear only to show for an attempt that immediately fails(no sound is generated and my character shows no movement what so ever)  . and yes the lockpick is in prestine condition. Thank you

Edited by Jeb33

The door you locked would only lock on the server you locked it on. I'm relatively sure that's how its meant to work. 

Btw; even if you did spawn elsewhere...what happened to the lockpick you used in the first place?

Apart from that, Idk what else to say or advise lol

Just seen your next post about it, hope you can get out lol

Edited by Powell x91
He posted again as i typed

2 minutes ago, Powell x91 said:

The door you locked would only lock on the server you locked it on. I'm relatively sure that's how its meant to work. 

Btw; even if you did spawn elsewhere...what happened to the lockpick you used in the first place?

Apart from that, Idk what else to say or advise lol

Just seen your next post about it, hope you can get out lol

Yeah lol... so... since I cant suicide to get out and thirsting to death will take hours I am going to see if my friend isnt too far to open the door and than I join that server he has the door opened on... literally every server I have joined the door is locked and not unlockable by my lockpick 

in the pc version (at least v0.62 and earlier) you could unlock locked doors with brute force (hitting it with an axe or so). not sure if this is in the current version, or if it would be working in your situation, but i guess its worth a try.

otherwise, for stuck character support you might want to contact @Baty Alquawen. she should be able to move your character.

• Beans 1

18 hours ago, Jeb33 said:

Pretty much tried everything I can with the lockpick to get it to function; still no luck. Im currently going to try to get my friend to come and unlock this door but that might take a day. 

The problem is I have the lockpick in hand; being given the option to unlock door [HOLD] however the white circle does appear only to show for an attempt that immediately fails(no sound is generated and my character shows no movement what so ever)  . and yes the lockpick is in prestine condition. Thank you

I had this bug myself exactly as you describe i fixed it by logging back into the server i first locked the door on , this was the only server it would let me unlock the door on even though all the others said they where locked and would not open , the lockpick animation would stop as soon as it started .  Hope this helps !

Edited by Neutral Buoyancy
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Neutral Buoyancy said:

I had this bug myself exactly as you describe i fixed it by logging back into the server i first locked the door on , this was the only server it would let me unlock the door on even though all the others said they where locked and would not open , the lockpick animation would stop as soon as it started .  Hope this helps !

I'm going to guess OP may not remember server #. I barely remember server numbers unless I write it down, like for future when I'm building a base on NL 4956, I'm gonna keep that as that will be my main server. Hopefully recently played and favorites work by then so it will be easier.

• Like 1

I need an update lol are you still stuck? 

If you've forgotten the server I will come and try unlock the door somehow or just put you out of your misery, if worse comes to worst.

I am unstuck lol. Had a friend open the door and i joined the server. yeah i could not remember the og server # plus it reset lol. horrible timing on my part... check server times to drop backpacks and all else... didnt think about lockpick

Sign in to follow this