Powell x91

Loadouts

Aren't really many threads that aren't related to bugs or game issues in some way so this can at least bring a bit of positive talk about whats in the game.

I know we are slightly limited to what weapons and equipment we can find but after a fair bit of looting and 2 character resets from being fully kitted (1x death, 1x lost to the bug) I've settled for a fairly, lowkey, camouflaged stealthy loadout(Bar my big fat shining clown mask). 

Weapons 

AK - PSO-1/East Suppressor

M4A1 - ACOG/Improvised Suppressor

4-Five - Pistol Suppressor

Upper Body

Green M65 Jacket - Inside 2 cooking pots; Each filled with full magazines. x3 for AK in one, x3 for my M4 in the other.

Camo UK Assault Vest - Its loaded with all of my 'quick slotted' items; Such as Compass, Combat Knife, Canteens, Lockpick & Bandages. Plus my 4-five some boxes of .45, & matches.

Lower Body

Gorka Military Trousers - Inside a small protective case; Filled with x2 SVD Magazines & a walkie-talkie personal radio. 

Backpack

Camo Assault Backpack - Its just got my spare 4-Five mag & stocked with tactical bacon at the moment & I can put my M4 in there when needed. I recently changed from the Alice backpack; I found I wasnt needing all the space since the update. Still plenty of space spare as there's a couple of items I'm looking for. 

Got some tan jungle boots and a tan cowboy hat to keep the head warm and the feet dry. Debating changing to a ballistic vest and going back to the alice backpack but without the pouches out on xbox yet, I'm yet to fully decide. 

What have people gone for or what have you come across?

• Like 1

I like the silenced akm, always seem to find more ammo for it. I have two scopes for it, the pso and the red dot one which I switch between depending on situation. I'm also carrying a mosin, but yet to find a mag or a scope for it yet. 

I always carry a knife and axe, i like to spend time hunting and cooking in the woods. Also always have a compass as I tend to stay clear of towns. 

Finally, I love the cowboy hats, and whatever camo gear I find and I always wear an improvised backpack. It's big enough for my needs and blends in to the terrain nicely. I did have a coyote but it stuck out like a sore thumb and carried so much gear I couldn't run! 

• Like 2

Currently running silenced AK,scoped Mosin, .45ACP (need a surpresor). Unfortunately that's where the sensible stuff stops. I'm somewhat of a horder,lol I've got a Alice pack filled with random crap,including 4 full cooking pots! Plus another full bag in my hands. I'm paranoid about dropping something but then needing it 5mins later,lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I like the silenced akm, always seem to find more ammo for it. I have two scopes for it, the pso and the red dot one which I switch between depending on situation. I'm also carrying a mosin, but yet to find a mag or a scope for it yet. 

I always carry a knife and axe, i like to spend time hunting and cooking in the woods. Also always have a compass as I tend to stay clear of towns. 

Finally, I love the cowboy hats, and whatever camo gear I find and I always wear an improvised backpack. It's big enough for my needs and blends in to the terrain nicely. I did have a coyote but it stuck out like a sore thumb and carried so much gear I couldn't run! 

Try the hunter bag a slight improvement and still looks good.

Akm silenced with no scope

M4 silenced with acog until I get SVD then losing this using the silencer and using pso scope

My outfit is flat gorka with green helmet and sunglasses for the glare lol. High capacity vest as its the only vest that gives some bullet protection besides the beefy one. Helmet is heavy as hell though I might get camo or green boonie for more stamina.

1 med bag full of ammo boxes one cooking pot as well for the emergency water (you can fill it with water and the items dont get damaged inside, its also the only quiet drink if your trying to remain silent. Assault backpack its the lightest for its weight capacity and its not that big. 

Edited by Chris Burton
Spelling
  • Like 1

USG45 with silencer

.45ACP pistol

Machette

6 x food

2 x water

And a brown cowboy hat

And usually likes to play the soundtrack of Battlefield when shit goes down.

• Haha 1

.308 rifle - and a Red 9 (Mauser) pistol or a double barrel sawed off
.. about 15-20 rounds for each, is fine
.. wear anything dun or drab or faded green, brown whatever (even a yellow raincoat blends if it's "worn" not "new")  & beret or gorka   plus a cutting tool (or 2)  & rags/bandages (ready) & something for water

that's ALL a man needs... 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Been alive since we lost gear from the the update but I have silenced USG, silenced MP5, M4, silenced AKM, silenced 45 and the other common pistol and just dumped my Mosin for suppressed SVD, cuz I’m a hoarder! At least 2 clips/magazines for each and a firemen’s axe. 2 canteens and live of fruit. Camo clothes, assault vest and green military helmet, haven’t found knights helm again yet. Haven’t been able to sprint or jump for days lol.

I just buried my M4, MP5 and a pistol along with a full ammo box and mags. 

Dumped my Alice for a hunter backpack with canteen and food for a soon to be lucky fresh spawn. Just cuz it looks less bulky. 

Edited by Eeyeoretherealone

I like scoped mosin in bh hunter backpack with silenced UMP or 45 pistol for close range. Like to build sprint heavy characters as vest don't seem to offer a huge amount of protection from a mosin round anyway. I like to go green jumper, hunter forest camo pants and a pair of black converse for the look and low weight but once the wetness systems in full place guess I'll be rocking the raincoat and a water proof case in back pack to keep mags and stuff dry. I tend to keep mosin or large weapons stored in a backpack for visibilities sake . Other survivors tend to KOS less if you seem less of a threat & less of a walking loot crate 

Edited by TheYetiBum

Fire Axe

AKM, Fully Auto - East Suppressor - Red Dot Scope

Mosin - PS Scope Improvised Suppressor, looking for hunting scope.

IJ pistol - Pistol Silencer

Designer Glasses

Breathing mask (The white one)

Military Beret Dark Blue with a star

M65 Jacket light Green

UK Assault Vest light green

Gorka pants light green

Dumped my Alice backpack after the update when I realised I didn't need it. Plenty of room with the other gear so I can still sprint about, turn and change direction quicker and smoother. Have the mag in my AKM and 6 mags in pockets all full and about 5 stacks of 20 bullets. 40 Mosin Bullets. Pistol had one mag loaded and one in reserve with a couple stacks of bullets. I don't carry food as I kill cows and chickens and eat when I find them. Hardly ever need to eat. I do have a canteen, a knife and rags.

Edited by CarlTheGooner

3 hours ago, Chris Burton said:

Try the hunter bag a slight improvement and still looks good.

I'm yet to see a Hunter backpack on the Xbox. I thought I'd seen everything. I've got hundreds of hours played.

4 hours ago, Gav Williams said:

Currently running silenced AK,scoped Mosin, .45ACP (need a surpresor). Unfortunately that's where the sensible stuff stops. I'm somewhat of a horder,lol I've got a Alice pack filled with random crap,including 4 full cooking pots! Plus another full bag in my hands. I'm paranoid about dropping something but then needing it 5mins later,lol

You're running about with a bag in your hands?  How you gonna defend yourself? 

32 minutes ago, CarlTheGooner said:

You're running about with a bag in your hands?  How you gonna defend yourself? 

I'm sticking to the forests until I come to my senses and get rid of what I don't need.....mite take some time though, lol

6 hours ago, Gav Williams said:

I felt exactly the same when I started out. I was always scared i’d drop something that i’d need 10 minutes later, and was always over encumbered.

Now i’ve done a complete 180 and have dropped everything I can to shed weight, which included a fully kitted AKM and M4, as well as numerous mags and an abundance of ammo.

At the moment I am running the following:

- silenced USG45 with both ACOG and M68 optics

- SVD with PSO scope and improvised suppressor 

- green hunting backpack

- green UK assault vest

- green M65 jacket

-green cowboy hat

- TTsKO pants

- Jungle boots

- 1 mag in each weapon and 2 spare, a combat knife, 2 canteens, a bandage and some tactical bacon.

Speed is key and makes all the difference, and with everything being green, I hope that it helps me blend in to my surroundings. I like to think of myself as a ninja chameleon, wishful thinking!

Edited by TameGamerMT

2 hours ago, Gav Williams said:

I'm sticking to the forests until I come to my senses and get rid of what I don't need.....mite take some time though, lol

A lot of people stick to the Forrest lol including myself. It's the safest place. Or is it? :D

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, CarlTheGooner said:

A lot of people stick to the Forrest lol including myself. It's the safest place. Or is it? :D

<<  Say, what was you doin in my forrest ?  >>  (yup.. sad but true ..  a while back I took up with talkin' to the bodies after I killt' em) ..

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

Aren't really many threads that aren't related to bugs or game issues in some way so this can at least bring a bit of positive talk about whats in the game.

I know we are slightly limited to what weapons and equipment we can find but after a fair bit of looting and 2 character resets from being fully kitted (1x death, 1x lost to the bug) I've settled for a fairly, lowkey, camouflaged stealthy loadout(Bar my big fat shining clown mask). 

Weapons 

AK - PSO-1/East Suppressor

M4A1 - ACOG/Improvised Suppressor

4-Five - Pistol Suppressor

Upper Body

Green M65 Jacket - Inside 2 cooking pots; Each filled with full magazines. x3 for AK in one, x3 for my M4 in the other.

Camo UK Assault Vest - Its loaded with all of my 'quick slotted' items; Such as Compass, Combat Knife, Canteens, Lockpick & Bandages. Plus my 4-five some boxes of .45, & matches.

Lower Body

Gorka Military Trousers - Inside a small protective case; Filled with x2 SVD Magazines & a walkie-talkie personal radio. 

Backpack

Camo Assault Backpack - Its just got my spare 4-Five mag & stocked with tactical bacon at the moment & I can put my M4 in there when needed. I recently changed from the Alice backpack; I found I wasnt needing all the space since the update. Still plenty of space spare as there's a couple of items I'm looking for. 

Got some tan jungle boots and a tan cowboy hat to keep the head warm and the feet dry. Debating changing to a ballistic vest and going back to the alice backpack but without the pouches out on xbox yet, I'm yet to fully decide. 

What have people gone for or what have you come across?

Question,  Does it matter where you store items on your person when quick slotting them?  For example, is there any benefit to having all quick slotted items in a vest instead of a back pack?

4 hours ago, CarlTheGooner said:

I'm yet to see a Hunter backpack on the Xbox. I thought I'd seen everything. I've got hundreds of hours played.

Alot of items are rare I didnt see a high capacity vest til I went to the far west military bases. Ive only seen morphine drop once hunter bag ive seen 2 they drop in those complexes in the woods with tiny log cabins

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CarlTheGooner said:

Crap.....time for a clear out then

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Kynero1 said:

Question,  Does it matter where you store items on your person when quick slotting them?  For example, is there any benefit to having all quick slotted items in a vest instead of a back pack?

Yes - depends where e.g. zombies do damage most to your clothing .. work out the safest places to put stuff you don't want "ruined".

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Yes - depends where e.g. zombies do damage most to your clothing .. work out the safest places to put stuff you don't want "ruined".

I didn't know this. Pilgrim again with the knowledge. 

10 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Looking for a PU scope myself then more than likely change out 1 AR and take the mosin. I've not made the improvised backpack yet, isnt it white though? Handy for sure and if it can carry all you need; happy days. Pretty cool playstyle, You will enjoy the game more and more as content drops for crafting etc as you seem to be a lone wolf survivor living off the land. 

9 hours ago, Chris Burton said:

Akm silenced with no scope

M4 silenced with acog until I get SVD then losing this using the silencer and using pso scope

My outfit is flat gorka with green helmet and sunglasses for the glare lol. High capacity vest as its the only vest that gives some bullet protection besides the beefy one. Helmet is heavy as hell though I might get camo or green boonie for more stamina.

1 med bag full of ammo boxes one cooking pot as well for the emergency water (you can fill it with water and the items dont get damaged inside, its also the only quiet drink if your trying to remain silent. Assault backpack its the lightest for its weight capacity and its not that big. 

Actually going full Gorka myself once I come across a jacket in good condition. Will help so much once being wet can lead to bigger issues. I also know pots can be filled; but I dont do it as I was under the impression that its broken and you shouldn't be able to fill it water and keep items in it? So i dont do that myself.

7 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

.308 rifle - and a Red 9 (Mauser) pistol or a double barrel sawed off
.. about 15-20 rounds for each, is fine
.. wear anything dun or drab or faded green, brown whatever (even a yellow raincoat blends if it's "worn" not "new")  & beret or gorka   plus a cutting tool (or 2)  & rags/bandages (ready) & something for water

that's ALL a man needs... 

It is, Ive been cutting down myself. Honestly just keeping some bits I would drop as once persistence comes in I can store an exta mag or 2 and go down some gear. I'm pretty jealous of your weapons so take your superior PC loadout elsewhere! 

5 hours ago, CarlTheGooner said:

Fire Axe

AKM, Fully Auto - East Suppressor - Red Dot Scope

Mosin - PS Scope Improvised Suppressor, looking for hunting scope.

IJ pistol - Pistol Silencer

Designer Glasses

Breathing mask (The white one)

Military Beret Dark Blue with a star

M65 Jacket light Green

UK Assault Vest light green

Gorka pants light green

Dumped my Alice backpack after the update when I realised I didn't need it. Plenty of room with the other gear so I can still sprint about, turn and change direction quicker and smoother. Have the mag in my AKM and 6 mags in pockets all full and about 5 stacks of 20 bullets. 40 Mosin Bullets. Pistol had one mag loaded and one in reserve with a couple stacks of bullets. I don't carry food as I kill cows and chickens and eat when I find them. Hardly ever need to eat. I do have a canteen, a knife and rags.

The hunting scope is available for xbox? I like how this is bringing out different playstyles too, You survive off of 1 harvest of a cow etc and myself from a milly base supply run of bacon, both valid and effective. Myself Ive only seen 1 herd of cows, 1 goat and sheep once so I havent really come across enough to keep going. 

2 hours ago, Kynero1 said:

Kind of; if you put one of  your 'quick slotted' items in a container once after equipping it and then changing to something else it wont be in the container. Just makes my life easier knowing what's what in my inventory and when it comes to ditcing my backpack in firefights; its only bacon and shit thats dropped down. Dont lose my valuables and can still do what I need to do if I have to retreat etc.

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

Literally everytime anyones died due to gunfire this game; pretty much everything is ruined, No matter what or where its stored. Maybe its not working right on xbox but damage doesn't seem to be area based, We shot a guy in the legs to slow him down and catch him etc but most his shit was fucked, like his helmet and stuff lol

7 hours ago, Eeyeoretherealone said:

Been alive since we lost gear from the the update but I have silenced USG, silenced MP5, M4, silenced AKM, silenced 45 and the other common pistol and just dumped my Mosin for suppressed SVD, cuz I’m a hoarder! At least 2 clips/magazines for each and a firemen’s axe. 2 canteens and live of fruit. Camo clothes, assault vest and green military helmet, haven’t found knights helm again yet. Haven’t been able to sprint or jump for days lol.

I just buried my M4, MP5 and a pistol along with a full ammo box and mags. 

Dumped my Alice for a hunter backpack with canteen and food for a soon to be lucky fresh spawn. Just cuz it looks less bulky. 

Careful with your stashes but seems you can arm a small army lol

6 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

I like scoped mosin in bh hunter backpack with silenced UMP or 45 pistol for close range. Like to build sprint heavy characters as vest don't seem to offer a huge amount of protection from a mosin round anyway. I like to go green jumper, hunter forest camo pants and a pair of black converse for the look and low weight but once the wetness systems in full place guess I'll be rocking the raincoat and a water proof case in back pack to keep mags and stuff dry. I tend to keep mosin or large weapons stored in a backpack for visibilities sake . Other survivors tend to KOS less if you seem less of a threat & less of a walking loot crate 

Nice loadout. 

Agree, Sprint is vital so need to keep light. Cant wait for more persistence etc so can make more stable stashes. I can lighten up more and travel more equipped to the occasion.

Mags dont seem to damage from mis-keeping of them at the moment, reason mine are in pots lol they fit 3 perfect and the 2 pots fit perfectly in my clothing together.

My M4A1 goea in my pack too so only my AK on show but my guy look looted, cant help it. I just have to make sure I dont get seen.

• Beans 1

12 hours ago, CarlTheGooner said:

I didn't know this. Pilgrim again with the knowledge. 

There are folk who have done the research from way back.. (mainly I pick it up from them) and my own experience.. The only problem is it's difficult to find these things on the Blog (and things are tweaked and change from time to time) but they are all here if you can find them .. there's several years worth of advice on play AND technical, buried in this Blog..  If you watch Youtube you SEE a lot of play, but you don't know HOW it was done, or what the detailed effect is. That stuff is all discussed here... somewhere.

Like zombie damage or bullet/melee  damage reaching a backpack. It  - USED TO - inflict points starting a the top left of your backpack  and going horizontally right and downwards by rows, so you'd play keeping the most valuable stuff at the bottom as much as possible, so it had less chance of being damaged/ruined..

I don't know if that's still true.  Try keeping the worms and cans at the top and your pistol and ammo a the bottom, see how that works out..  And zombies used to rip your pants up a lot.. (maybe BI altered that when word got around, or made some other damage-distribution changes. ??)  - ya just have to live through it and check it out..

I never had a Zomb rip my hat to shreds, at all, (hmm?)  But I aimed at one running up at me, with my pristine Mauser and he hit me before I could pull the trigger - When I pulled, the gun went "click click" - gun was <Damaged>, wouldn't fire, dude, zombie had hit it right there in my hand  .. & I didn't get a scratch anywhere else.

xxP

< ps - yes shooting a player ruins most of their stuff, it was upped to discourage bandits I think. Maybe a bit excessive? >

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 1

10 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

< ps - yes shooting a player ruins most of their stuff, it was upped to discourage bandits I think. Maybe a bit excessive? >

I didnt realise or consider it was to put off players from shooting each other. If more people knew of that then its a relatively good way of stopping people or at least to put thought in their mind. 

It works well on PC? Like the area based hits, I'm not sure on xbox its 100%. 1 or 2 shots can totally ruin everything.