Sign in to follow this  
lanejf

COMBAT LOG/SPAWNS

I love this game. With that being said, can we please get a noise that allows players in a given area to hear people who login around them. Combat logging is being used aggressively with no real punishment. Players are locating said targets and leaving to join behind them. 

But if it happens logging in what if it takes 10-15 seconds to load in I hear that "ping" then you're dead before you spawn, I forgot what game did it but add to were if shots are fired in your direction you cannot leave the game and if you close your character stays there until shots have stopped, no mercy on combat loggers

Edited by Andyyypandyyy

I get your concern I do, but here's my counter. Players should log out in safe places, so the wilderness, a shed or something of the sort.  If combat logging isn't fixed, combat will stay in the current meta which is seriously server hopping to flank a guy. I don't think the ping should be obnoxiously loud, but loud enough to hear if he's next to you in a building. The map is huge there are hundreds of safe spots to log out. 

• Beans 1

Well, by definition, combat logging came from the older days where people would get knocked unconscious and alt+f4 or quit their game. Anyway. This was addressed with a 15 second delay before character actually leaves server. So if they think they have lost you, but you can kill them before they desync, bam. There ya go.

If you are referring to the spawning in, so say you are looting a barracks, and someone logs in on front of your they are blind for about 2 seconds. You can kill. But if they spawn at the end rooms and you're about to open the door. Sure it would be nice, but odds are if they spawn in that kind of area they expect someone to wall in, so their gun is already up and aiming at the door.

I do this naturally, but if you dont, you should get in the habit of going first person to open a door, tap x, then as the character arm reaches for the door, hold LT and side step in a direction. You can do this in third person but yea.

My buddy watched me lots and he always entered after me. Well he watched my gun go up at every door, even if we were low/high pop, low/high traffic zones, whatever. If we opened a door, my gun was up. He started doing it and it saved him a few times, so now it is habit. My other friend, let's me open the door, my gun raises them somehow jumps in front of me. Idk if she does it purposely or not, but my gun is at her back and it kind of drives me mad. 

So the point of this long post is, when you open a door, hold LT and expect, no matter what server you are in, to meet someone with a gun raised.

There used to be some sort of ping or gunshot or something when you spawned, not sure if that was a rumor or it was taken out. Plus, say someone is spawning in on tents or barracks and not you know, in the woods next to said area... you dont feel as bad shooting them as they spawn. 

3 minutes ago, lanejf said:

I get your concern I do, but here's my counter. Players should log out in safe places, so the wilderness, a shed or something of the sort.  If combat logging isn't fixed, combat will stay in the current meta which is seriously server hopping to flank a guy. I don't think the ping should be obnoxiously loud, but loud enough to hear if he's next to you in a building. The map is huge there are hundreds of safe spots to log out. 

Personally I don't think any ping should happen, I've heard "thuds" from someone spawning and obliterated them, I think personally if you log out in an area potentially dangerous, its your own fault for dying, if I'm in elektro in apartments I'll move to the back wall and log out, I still think if shot at or injured you can't log out for let's say 10 minutes? Prevents combat loggers and people closing the game well free gear right there, if there was a ping well you're as good as dead, they'll have your exact location and will just camp you out (I'd abuse the **** out of this)

5 minutes ago, Andyyypandyyy said:

Personally I don't think any ping should happen, I've heard "thuds" from someone spawning and obliterated them, I think personally if you log out in an area potentially dangerous, its your own fault for dying, if I'm in elektro in apartments I'll move to the back wall and log out, I still think if shot at or injured you can't log out for let's say 10 minutes? Prevents combat loggers and people closing the game well free gear right there, if there was a ping well you're as good as dead, they'll have your exact location and will just camp you out (I'd abuse the **** out of this)

You don't hear thuds if they position themselves where they have a direct site of your player model. I agree if you log out in an area that it's your own fault.  You backed up my argument...... You logging out in the said corner will allow you to spawn behind a fully geared player and be rewarded with a warrantless free kill. You chose a terrible spawn as it's positioned in a highly populated PVP zone.  As for the ping thing, this goes back to choosing your logout spot wisely. No one is going to hear you spawn in if you picked a sold location. 

4 minutes ago, Andyyypandyyy said:

Nah 10 min is unrealistic.

If there was immediate desync I'd understand hovering over quit gave you a 5s cooldown before pressing if in a safe zone or 10s if being shot.

I quite like the current system. Only way to be unconscious is by being beaten or melee killed. But come the time when blood bags are needed, morphine, transfusions etc. I think an SVD shot shouldnt kill, but should knock you unconscious like the old as50 did if you hit them in stomach. Chest and above was a kill I believe.

Combat logging isnt such an issue as it used to be. Cuz the 15s desync. It used to be instant.

But I do agree. If you spawn in a hot zone and get killed cuz you're in a military tent/barracks/etc. That's 100% your fault. Me personally if the server doesnt kick me... I always get atleast 100m from any military post. Plus the ones i go to in stary and south of NW airfield, I get all I need in 1 go because I'm looking for specific items, ammo boxes or mags or a scope. It takes too much fun away if I constantly loot 1 zone, but then again, I know where my favorite loot zones are, so as long as I dont starve or get dehydrated on my way up there, I'll be set. May take a few servers to get up but yea.

Plus I head back and donate gear after posting in the xbox group. Like atm I'm trading a UMP45 with 2 mags and 2 boxs of ammo for a PSU scope. Or head to spawn zones and drop cans of bacon on the road lol

18 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

Well, by definition, combat logging came from the older days where people would get knocked unconscious and alt+f4 or quit their game. Anyway. This was addressed with a 15 second delay before character actually leaves server. So if they think they have lost you, but you can kill them before they desync, bam. There ya go.

If you are referring to the spawning in, so say you are looting a barracks, and someone logs in on front of your they are blind for about 2 seconds. You can kill. But if they spawn at the end rooms and you're about to open the door. Sure it would be nice, but odds are if they spawn in that kind of area they expect someone to wall in, so their gun is already up and aiming at the door.

I do this naturally, but if you dont, you should get in the habit of going first person to open a door, tap x, then as the character arm reaches for the door, hold LT and side step in a direction. You can do this in third person but yea.

My buddy watched me lots and he always entered after me. Well he watched my gun go up at every door, even if we were low/high pop, low/high traffic zones, whatever. If we opened a door, my gun was up. He started doing it and it saved him a few times, so now it is habit. My other friend, let's me open the door, my gun raises them somehow jumps in front of me. Idk if she does it purposely or not, but my gun is at her back and it kind of drives me mad. 

So the point of this long post is, when you open a door, hold LT and expect, no matter what server you are in, to meet someone with a gun raised.

There used to be some sort of ping or gunshot or something when you spawned, not sure if that was a rumor or it was taken out. Plus, say someone is spawning in on tents or barracks and not you know, in the woods next to said area... you dont feel as bad shooting them as they spawn. 

I'm referring to spawning in/combat logging..... The meta at the moment is to locate a target, log out, log in to a low pop server, position player model behind target's location, log in to original server & shoot the target in the back. As for aiming in while opening a door, this is common sense for most PVP players.... You can't aim at someone who spawns in behind you in a secure room you cleared while in the middle of a gunfight with another player. 

1 minute ago, lanejf said:

You don't hear thuds if they position themselves where they have a direct site of your player model. I agree if you log out in an area that it's your own fault.  You backed up my argument...... You logging out in the said corner will allow you to spawn behind a fully geared player and be rewarded with a warrantless free kill. You chose a terrible spawn as it's positioned in a highly populated PVP zone.  As for the ping thing, this goes back to choosing your logout spot wisely. No one is going to hear you spawn in if you picked a sold location. 

I chose that position as it's high risk high reward, plus all bandits seem to go there and never check apartments muwahaha, are you sure the thuds aren't always audible? I've been a house over before and heard the thud then just rushed the guy for canned goodies, I do get what you're saying tho I just feel the ping would take out from the hardcore survival aspect, sound is your friend although having them spawn behind you well that's some crappy luck, @bombarding I agree 5-10 second cool down would be good, those damn psu's are hard to come by hence why I ONLY run an M4 as I'll never find the scope for the mosin "sad face" @lanejflso to avoid that repositioning I'd say you leave a server you'll get a big cool down as to prevent that, sure it wouldn't stop it, some people will camp for hours maybe but it'd help to reduce said problem I'd assume

1 minute ago, Andyyypandyyy said:

I chose that position as it's high risk high reward, plus all bandits seem to go there and never check apartments muwahaha, are you sure the thuds aren't always audible? I've been a house over before and heard the thud then just rushed the guy for canned goodies, I do get what you're saying tho I just feel the ping would take out from the hardcore survival aspect, sound is your friend although having them spawn behind you well that's some crappy luck, @bombarding I agree 5-10 second cool down would be good, those damn psu's are hard to come by hence why I ONLY run an M4 as I'll never find the scope for the mosin "sad face" @lanejflso to avoid that repositioning I'd say you leave a server you'll get a big cool down as to prevent that, sure it wouldn't stop it, some people will camp for hours maybe but it'd help to reduce said problem I'd assume

So you should be rewarded for taking a dumb gamble? A geared player should be punished for being in a building that he cleared? You realize that isn't hardcore survival nor competitive right? You can't make the hardcore survival argument if you're arguing players spawning on top of other players to kill them is okay. Every bandit I know checks apartments, you can't prepare for random luck. Unless my Astros are broken I'm pretty sure. Plus there's no thud for a player that doesn't have to move he's spawning in right behind you..... As for PSU scope check campgrounds 90% of the time they're there and or hunting posts. Your time thing isn't a realistic server crashes are way too common at the time being. 

Just now, lanejf said:

So you should be rewarded for taking a dumb gamble? A geared player should be punished for being in a building that he cleared? You realize that isn't hardcore survival nor competitive right? You can't make the hardcore survival argument if you're arguing players spawning on top of other players to kill them is okay. Every bandit I know checks apartments, you can't prepare for random luck. Unless my Astros are broken I'm pretty sure. Plus there's no thud for a player that doesn't have to move he's spawning in right behind you..... As for PSU scope check campgrounds 90% of the time they're there and or hunting posts. Your time thing isn't a realistic server crashes are way too common at the time being. 

Campground north of Electrko by double military tent has a high yield rate specifically for the scopes. 

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, lanejf said:

Campground north of Electrko by double military tent has a high yield rate specifically for the scopes. 

Oh really? I'm still extremely new, had it since launch but I couldn't tell you what's where or what's close to what, been fully geared for a few says and been too "afraid" to venture from my apartment in high pop, today is the day I join a 55+ and see what happens, a mosin with a scope would deffo help a ton, thankyou buddy :)

Sign in to follow this