Hello survivors!

We are starting Stress Test #48, running version 0.63.148671. This is what's new:

• server stability fixes
  • private shard servers are listed as private now
  • changes to prevent speed hacks
  • basic armor system implemented (e.g. vests and helmets take part of the damage of the damaged body part until they are ruined)
  • changes to the chat UI
  • fixes aimed at preventing a character getting a permanent DB lockout

Don't forget your helmet when going to the airfield, see you in Chernarus!

10 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I'm not seeing any updates or stress test servers and yes I am on the stress test branch.

You might have to restart Steam in order to get the update, for servers you should check your filter settings.

17 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

You might have to restart Steam in order to get the update, for servers you should check your filter settings.

I figured out the problem. I had to go back to experimental branch and then re-select the stress test branch for the update to download. Thank you though for the help.

Edited by LordBlackwolf

After being shot/KoS'd (hit boxes are working fine) when I didn't even have a working gun, I met up with Gary Walnuts for a couple of hours

I had to evade some wolves (only had a machete) on my way North to meet him, but made it without incident.

Gary had recently downed an 8 point deer and after a fruitless search for a cooking pot, we cooked on sticks.

Here you can see some inventory desynch between Gary and I on what was a low pop server.

FsSvLWZ.jpg

^Gary had laid out a pile of deer steaks but I could not see them on the floor. Only when I opened my inventory could I see the bars indicating the amount of meat left and the empty frame where the model for the steak should be.

Once I picked them up, the models for the steaks I picked up then showed.

pidcVrQ.jpg

^But when Gary picked some up and cooked them, I could not see the model on the stick.

Everything performed fairly well otherwise.

No major game breaking bugs or waves of kicks seen.

17 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Gary had laid out a pile of deer steaks but I could not see them on the floor. Only when I opened my inventory could I see the bars indicating the amount of meat left and the empty frame where the model for the steak should be.

Worth noting for science and bug purposes:  The 8 steaks were stacked vertically like a dagwood and there had been some model clipping in that house too - standing on top of the TV and getting pinballed around between Bio and some furniture.  Don't know if that contributed to the invisible venison anomaly either.

p2KjkyQ.jpg

Anyone else notice the group of infected near Sinistok? I had encountered them before but never bothered with them until yesterday when I made the infected at the location into my own little shooting gallery and after killing a few of them I noticed that the infected would spawn back in not long afterwards. 

22 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Anyone else notice the group of infected near Sinistok? I had encountered them before but never bothered with them until yesterday when I made the infected at the location into my own little shooting gallery and after killing a few of them I noticed that the infected would spawn back in not long afterwards. 

I have not, that has to be investigated. Near Sinistok you said? Sounds sinister...

(Har har)