Dopplerman

What's being worked on

I think it would be awesome if xbox had even just a sub forum of what they're working on next. I know there is a forum of everything that needs to be fixed ect. I just think it would be nice to know what going to be fixed/implemented in each update before they happen. That way you kind of have something to look forward too. Basically like the pc version on the main dayz.com page.

The bug forum should have a sticky of all bugs I reckon then a "sub-reddit" of coming features with no ETA as things can be hard to code, I agree tho

I think why they haven't is because everything is subject to change, let's say they say vehicles are coming then never come (unlikely to not come) a % would uproar over it but I would like to know what I can look forward to sooner

Everything is first completed on the PC side and then ported over for the XBOX.

If you read the status reports, stress test build threads, and experimental threads, you will be up to speed on what's next for DayZ as a whole.

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/239426-status-report-11-september-2018/

Do not neglect the PC forums because you think the information there is not relevant to consoles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dopplerman said:

I don't even care about an ETA, just knowing what's next to come would be nice.

The status reports should give a good indication about what to expect in the next content patch

1 hour ago, Andyyypandyyy said:

I think why they haven't is because everything is subject to change, 

This is spot on describing the dayz dev's.

A game in alpha/beta for 5+ years will most likely never be finished.

Too many chefs so to speak. My understanding is that they want too much instead of building a fondation and work from there.

2 hours ago, Andyyypandyyy said:

I think why they haven't is because everything is subject to change, let's say they say vehicles are coming then never come (unlikely to not come) a % would uproar over it but I would like to know what I can look forward to sooner

They have said vehicle's are coming so expect the uproar if they dont lol

In all seriousness, they are pretty open about what features are in the game or they plan to release overall but as for when things are likely to hit xbox is when things go blank although putting a time frame on content drops will put the expectation in peoples minds and already,especially on console, people find it hard to grasp the meaning and definition of an early access or GP on xbox. Like you said, things can change and things can go wrong.

5 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

They have said vehicle's are coming so expect the uproar if they dont lol

In all seriousness, they are pretty open about what features are in the game or they plan to release overall but as for when things are likely to hit xbox is when things go blank although putting a time frame on content drops will put the expectation in peoples minds and already,especially on console, people find it hard to grasp the meaning and definition of an early access or GP on xbox. Like you said, things can change and things can go wrong.

I didn't say they weren't adding vehicles just an example, sorry it seems abit attacky at me apologise if that wasent the intention, I'd happily wait a year for any type of update just because this game is really good, most bugs have work arounds too

1 hour ago, Andyyypandyyy said:

I didn't say they weren't adding vehicles just an example, sorry it seems abit attacky at me apologise if that wasent the intention, I'd happily wait a year for any type of update just because this game is really good, most bugs have work arounds too

I was just making a joke about the vehicles as they have said they are tweaking them before release and you said people would uproar so hopefully they havent dug themselves a hole lol

Same too mate, Like I can deal with wait8ng around as no other game compares to this and I would like it to be as good as possible before final release.

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

I was just making a joke about the vehicles as they have said they are tweaking them before release and you said people would uproar so hopefully they havent dug themselves a hole lol

Same too mate, Like I can deal with wait8ng around as no other game compares to this and I would like it to be as good as possible before final release.

Vehicles are supposed to be part of the game, but will require repairs, gas, and battery to operate. And they will be as loud as a continuous SVD shot. People will hear you if you are not careful, so it should make for some interesting fights. Personally I think it will be best utilized when base building is in the game, as you could potentially lock the car in a storage box, like the ones that you open the doors for and are normally 3 or more lumped together. Or when you have you mini base and you put it in a tree or something, and then pick up your friend and get them some gear. It will work, and I dont even think the helicopters are weaponized, but all of these things believe it or not will help server jumping. Say you get a car and a base set up on server 4606. Well. Until it gets raided hopefully... you are going to stay there, as the base is only on 4606, not on any other server.

4 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

https://dayz.com/development-board

Found that pretty cool. Obviously no release dates and its orientated towards PC by the majority of it.

Remember, if it is on PC roadmap, xbox is right behind it after it gets stress tested, and the updates get approved. Then there is the approval process xbox needs, but since they are testing on pc, then moving to xbox, they will be sound updates.

2 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

Vehicles are supposed to be part of the game, but will require repairs, gas, and battery to operate. And they will be as loud as a continuous SVD shot. People will hear you if you are not careful, so it should make for some interesting fights. Personally I think it will be best utilized when base building is in the game, as you could potentially lock the car in a storage box, like the ones that you open the doors for and are normally 3 or more lumped together. Or when you have you mini base and you put it in a tree or something, and then pick up your friend and get them some gear. It will work, and I dont even think the helicopters are weaponized, but all of these things believe it or not will help server jumping. Say you get a car and a base set up on server 4606. Well. Until it gets raided hopefully... you are going to stay there, as the base is only on 4606, not on any other server.

Remember, if it is on PC roadmap, xbox is right behind it after it gets stress tested, and the updates get approved. Then there is the approval process xbox needs, but since they are testing on pc, then moving to xbox, they will be sound updates.

I know the mechanics of how you cant just find one and use it. Makes it much more rewarding and entertaining but I'll probably go on foot anyway most times. Likes of PUBG people make easy pickings when they come driving over fields. 

And I also know that. Its the reason I checked what was in the pipeline.

1 minute ago, Powell x91 said:

I know the mechanics of how you cant just find one and use it. Makes it much more rewarding and entertaining but I'll probably go on foot anyway most times. Likes of PUBG people make easy pickings when they come driving over fields. 

And I also know that. Its the reason I checked what was in the pipeline.

I do totally agree with you. Personally I'd be the person using a working car as a trap or something. But it would be incredibly useful for picking up a friend that just got killed and getting them up to the forests to get some more loot

• Beans 1

2 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

I do totally agree with you. Personally I'd be the person using a working car as a trap or something. But it would be incredibly useful for picking up a friend that just got killed and getting them up to the forests to get some more loot

Yeah deffo, leave it parked up somewhere, take out the battery or drain the fuel or some shit and then wolla, perfect ambush lol and thats probably the best reason for having one tbh, picking people up when they die.

• Beans 1

On 9/13/2018 at 3:27 PM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Everything is first completed on the PC side and then ported over for the XBOX.

If you read the status reports, stress test build threads, and experimental threads, you will be up to speed on what's next for DayZ as a whole.

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/239426-status-report-11-september-2018/

Do not neglect the PC forums because you think the information there is not relevant to consoles.

This

It’s very similar to most games developed on pc, then ported to console. Think Ark and PUBG. Perhaps not everything will be identical, though it’s a great way to get a general idea of what’s down the pipeline for Xbox.

• Thanks 1