ImpulZ

Xbox Update 13/09/2018

5 hours ago, GET PANNED said:

Good because guns literally do NOT work like literally shooting blanks when my life depends so heavily upon defending myself with a weapon 

Your reloading your gun incorrectly Atm. You need to put the magazine on the ground and attached it to the weapon that is in your hands. If it doesn't allow you to attach it then you have a glitched gun

Is the Character locked in database ever going to be fixed ? From what I can tell from pc players it had something to do with people who combat log, but when I get locked out of the game Because the I had to leave two servers that both were resetting in afew minutes I get punished? 

I like the idea of it because I’ve had people log out on sight of me before and it’s annoying but I just wish it didn’t punish people who are only looking for a server that wasn’t about to restart is all 

7 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Hello survivors!

We have a new Xbox update for you today (approximately 3 PM CEST).

• Fixed the registration of player/infected hits (from a gun) when the player has a slower connection to the server
  • Fixed a possible cause of the player character corruption in the database
  • Fixed multiple server crashes (increased stability of the game)
  • Fixed the inability to damage headgear/hat/helmet

Don't forget to restart your consoles.

We are looking forward to your feedback!

This didnt fix the guns for me, they still don't register shots and act the same as before, I've gotten the update, but it still didn't fix it.

2 hours ago, xMFxChaos1 said:

Your reloading your gun incorrectly Atm. You need to put the magazine on the ground and attached it to the weapon that is in your hands. If it doesn't allow you to attach it then you have a glitched gun

I honestly wish that were the reason my guy. Its actually due to poor server connectivity or terrible dsync registration. Thanks for the already known advice!!

When i reload i dont hold left trigger and tap y =normal bullets  ..hold down left trigger when u tap y =ghost bullets your welcome?

10 hours ago, TomJKD said:

Just putting this out there for gamers and developers to see... I'm from wales and the game seems to be running quite smoothly on the NL servers.  The past week of updates has made it incredibly easy to now switch from one server region to the other.  I'm now able to join a fresh server where not every building has been looted especially because you're character spawns at last known position.  I've gained some guns and was shooting zombies just now with no fault.  I've just restarted my xbox to make sure the update has correctly sunk in.  I can't wait for the vehicle patch as i'm a Dayz fan and have been waiting on the day they brought it to console although I had it on PC too but never had a laptop that could handle it but still played a little getting used to it with 23-26 fps.  Love you're work and will continue to be a friendly helping other survivors and trading. 

It shows that they are learning and continuing to improve. A lot of people are upset over things that has not been focused on yet, and its understandable, but a crappy attitude and view point to have as well when they are actually putting some effort (even if its a little) to get updates out this often. 2 positive updates this past month is good. They had 1 bad update, but bounced back from it with our feedback to correct it. I was originally dis heartened because of the standalone let down, but now they have my attention by actively keeping tabs on the console version. Keep it up Behemia, this can be your path to redemption. Sometimes its good to actually thank the Devs, instead of continuing to bash at them, even after they worked to fix something in the game for us players. At least they aren't forcing mechanics and marketing down our throats like EA and Activision. Some people need to take a step back and think about that for a change.

• Like 2

Guys. You have a great game. And I know that y’all are working on fixing the bugs and you’re doing great keep it up. But this game is about looting up and then going and pvping against other players. I already have 3 days played on console and the pvp feature in its current state is sloppy to say the least. All anyone does on console is log and run behind you and log back in. Which is part of the game but maybe put a timer on it? But besides that where are the footsteps???? I have played fpp/tpp shooter my whole like and have a very expensive headset and while playing your game footsteps are not even a thing. People can damn near sprint right up on you and you won’t hear anything. Eating or drinking is louder. The directional sound of where suppressed or unsuppressed gunshot are coming from is just screwed if your in or near a building. If I’m in a window I should be able to tell where the sounds are coming from. I just hope you guys work a little on the pvp part on console. Y’all are doing great on everything else! Keep it up! Hope this wasn’t too rough. Love to hear some feedback!

Oddly, although not mentioned in the patch notes my gun that had a mag stuck in now works... strange. 

22 hours ago, GET PANNED said:

Good because guns literally do NOT work like literally shooting blanks when my life depends so heavily upon defending myself with a weapon 

This is not necessarily true before the patch. I used a variety of weapons. The 45 pistol. IJ70. UMP. MP5. AKM. M4. All of them had perfect hit registration at the chest on zombies. Headshots not so much. But I know this issue did affect some people

Also, my buddy and I found a morphine auto injector, so be on the lookout for those and the broken bones feature coming soon

I'll be honest with you guys, I'm on hiatus so I won't be testing the latest update. There is much work to be done, and the DayZ staff is doing a great job I might add. However it will be done without me until the DayZ is out of the game preview phase.

At this point, I am not really worried about a stable game. I find servers with 1 to 2 people are easier to connect to. I am a solo gamer so I would really benifit with a non broken game engine. By this, I mean lagging back to the same spot during a bad connection, being killed due to lag (I Can accept death. There is no honor in lag killing. This goes for glitching off the top of buildings as well, tho that's been present since the pc)

Another issue is the actual world itself. There isn't even a day and night cycle. How does this help navigation? It's impossible to tell what time of day it is in game, unless you cheated like a non dayz puss and googled that what time of day it is. Thus it breaks your navigation system. Morning and night can mean a difference between north and south. Besides, I'm looking forward to using stars as navigation: not only does it seem like it makes travel easier, it's important for your navigation feature. I do believe this to be the second most prominent issue. I look forward to it, please do don't displease me, Im well aware what your all capable of, DayZ staff.

I'm glad you guys fixed the fatigue. That was a dire issue that needed immediate attention. This really evens the odds for fresh spawned players v.s. well suited players. It's annoying that a guy with just a Pepsi can't out run a guy with a bag of junk and an axe.

The player health system should be next, a temperature conversation may be necessary, due to a different system for measuring and inconsistencies in the game (the metric system is a tad different here in the states, as far as measuring distance, or Celsius opposesed to Fernhiet , I never learned about Celsius in school so how am I supposed to know how cold it is? Please don't judge this fish on his ability to climb a tree) 

Lastly, in my survivalist opinion, ammo and guns are way too common. I find guns and ammo left and right, I don't know if it's because I'm bad ass at looting, but I do believe it's unimeressive. Besides, ammo has stopped being manufactured, how is it even possible to find all this unlooted ammo? I do believe the spawn rate for ammo needs dropped a good 20-30% but who am I to say, I have 8 fully loaded AR mags so I feel a little over powered at the moment. I lack a sense of accomplishment: I'm getting very bored, very fast.

Edited by Walter Stokes
Grammar

can we have something looked into about the sprint/stamina meter please? its hard to tell how much i can carry, because the thresh-hold for sprint/jump varies...? even when i have a small shred left, i cannot use it. love the updates and keep up the good work. ive put in a lot of hours and only on my 3rd character. love this game! love u huys! ??????

On 9/13/2018 at 11:24 AM, Ockams_Chainsaw said:

Please try to figure out a way to implement patches without resetting stashes. I already have about 6 days in the game, and now I've run out of stuff to do. I was working on making stashes for myself, but if those get wiped after every update then it's kind of a useless feature at the moment. 

Best thing I can advise for the time being until development pregressses and this is concern of past.if get a Alice bag and try to logout with it in our hands.bag on back is main.hand bag=stash bag.atm will be pain in the arse for sure but it's only solution I can come to.we should make a traders group.get some socializing going.and maybe as a large group can come up with some kind of work around or tactic by using team work.has anyone tried to burry items in shallow standable water.or in otherwise unnatural area's?

It is pretty hard to see your blood type, I’ve had to swivel around till I get to dark surface and the right lighting to see it, colour change on the “A+” or something?

No complaints from this update apart from when i go into my Inventory my game freezes for around 1-2 seconds everytime, this nearly killed me when i encountered a wolf and tried reloading my mag...... Has anybody else noticed this?

just logged out with my group before a restart and ive been locked in the database. never combat logged, ever, and i do not server hop. this needs to be addressed.

On 9/13/2018 at 10:55 PM, pete_101 said:

When i reload i dont hold left trigger and tap y =normal bullets  ..hold down left trigger when u tap y =ghost bullets your welcome?

for real? ive always wondered this but ive always been to pussy to try it in a gun fight lol