Pkr_Steve

Dont buy this game.

to all the new players looking to buy this game. i recomend u dont. servers are rubbish u get kicked and cant log in for hours at a time and theres never stff on to fix this issue. sve your money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not my experience at all, the game has bugs but I’ve had no issues getting on servers, as long as you realise it’s a preview the game is great fun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pkr_Steve has your sever issue been fixed mate because im having the same problem and im on the edge to getting a refund. 

yeh it has now

had it happen 4 times in my last hours of gaming

but yeh now know how to avoid it so =]

Look at it this way - you were warned that the Xbox version was a simplified trial version, operable, but with bugs and all kinds of issues. Just the technical problems of converting a PC game to Xbox means data is stored differently, sprites run differently, graphics have different parameters and limits, the controls are not the same.. BI is definitely working like crazy to fully convert the and FIT the PC game into the Xbox platform..its a different OS for jeez sake. (ask a programmer what THAT means) ..
BUT .. ALSO  think about this  -
1) The Xbox game WILL follow step by step in the track of the PC game.. any changes to PC will come to Xbox immediately after.. and this will go on as you report bugs, as you play the game, as each new idea is tried, and new problems are overcome .. Give it a month or so and see where Xbox has got to and if there are any major problems left. There won't be.   BI are working Seriously for you. There is a LOT of stuff going on right now.

2) You bought the game for a one time payment - the game itself  is not "finished" and I HOPE it will NEVER be.. It has changed over the years with new additions, new options, new equipment, better graphics.. it will GO ON changing.. I hope it never reaches a version where it STOPS forever and nothing changes and nothing new is added. Because anything new needs ironing out and THAT is fun too..You are part of the process. 

For your one time payment you get to play FREE for 10 years?..20 years? .. forever?.. no DLCs, no Addons, no DayZ version 2 or version 3, - nothing else to pay for.. for as LONG as the game exists.. Divide your 1-time, up-front, payment by your hours in game and see how much that costs per hour,  by the end of the year.. then next year and next year after.. or in five or 10 years ..
There are PC players who have argued and played and complained and discussed with BI and each other, and Played More, and made suggestions and laughed on this Blog, for YEARS, and run up 2000 hours or 3000 hours and are still playing. And the game is still changing and mutating and BI are still working on it - not because they are slow or dumb - because they are ACTIVE. =  BI programmers and designers are in this game like a virus and they will always be there.  free. No charge.

So - through ALL that, the game is STILL completely free forever after you buy it that ONE TIME, and BI still have their team on it.. they work .. and its a ZERO monthly subscription to this online game, it's a LIFETIME entry fee. You pay, and then you're in DayZ with no extra charges at all ever ..    Very shortly Xbox will be fully totally playable (like the Standard PC version) and cool, and THEN it will go on being tweaked and experiments tried out to see how they play, and new stuff introduced, for maybe years.. You pay your money up front and you get to play in DayZ for the next 20+ years.. if you want.  That's a good deal IMO.

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Like 3
  • Beans 4

Dude it's game preview & literally been out a couple of weeks. Chill already with the hate in an official forum. If we all jumped into peoples places of work and told them they sick at there jobs then there not really gonna have the motivation to patch the game. It's the least buggy game preview I've ever played & offers something no other game can on console. I'd say they've done a pretty amazing job

• Beans 1

6 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Look at it this way - you were warned that the Xbox version was a simplified trial version, operable, but with bugs and all kinds of issues. Just the technical problems of converting a PC game to Xbox means data is stored differently, sprites run differently, graphics have different parameters and limits, the controls are not the same.. BI is definitely working like crazy to fully convert the and FIT the PC game into the Xbox platform..its a different OS for jeez sake. (ask a programmer what THAT means) ..
BUT .. ALSO  think about this  -
1) The Xbox game WILL follow step by step in the track of the PC game.. any changes to PC will come to Xbox immediately after.. and this will go on as you report bugs, as you play the game, as each new idea is tried, and new problems are overcome .. Give it a month or so and see where Xbox has got to and if there are any major problems left. There won't be.   BI are working Seriously for you. There is a LOT of stuff going on right now.

2) You bought the game for a one time payment - the game itself  is not "finished" and I HOPE it will NEVER be.. It has changed over the years with new additions, new options, new equipment, better graphics.. it will GO ON changing.. I hope it never reaches a version where it STOPS forever and nothing changes and nothing new is added. Because anything new needs ironing out and THAT is fun too..You are part of the process. 

For your one time payment you get to play FREE for 10 years?..20 years? .. forever?.. no DLCs, no Addons, no DayZ version 2 or version 3, - nothing else to pay for.. for as LONG as the game exists.. Divide your 1-time, up-front, payment by your hours in game and see how much that costs per hour,  by the end of the year.. then next year and next year after.. or in five or 10 years ..
There are PC players who have argued and played and complained and discussed with BI and each other, and Played More, and made suggestions and laughed on this Blog, for YEARS, and run up 2000 hours or 3000 hours and are still playing. And the game is still changing and mutating and BI are still working on it - not because they are slow or dumb - because they are ACTIVE. =  BI programmers and designers are in this game like a virus and they will always be there.  free. No charge.

So - through ALL that, the game is STILL completely free forever after you buy it that ONE TIME, and BI still have their team on it.. they work .. and its a ZERO monthly subscription to this online game, it's a LIFETIME entry fee. You pay, and then you're in DayZ with no extra charges at all ever ..    Very shortly Xbox will be fully totally playable (like the Standard PC version) and cool, and THEN it will go on being tweaked and experiments tried out to see how they play, and new stuff introduced, for maybe years.. You pay your money up front and you get to play in DayZ for the next 20+ years.. if you want.  That's a good deal IMO.

xxP

This is the most sense I've seen you speaking, bless up bro.

• Thanks 1

Love this game. Yes it has bugs but that’s what you get with a preview. It doesn’t even bother me if I get killed as I enjoy looting back up again. 

The only server issues I’ve come across, is where I was unable to join very low pop servers and being kicked from high pop ones. This has  not been a problem since the hot fix this week. Even the player locked in database problem is not an issue anymore.

Thoroughly enjoying the game at the moment. i have owned standalone on PC for a long time and maybe have 20 hours playtime or so logged due to my limited keyboard skills. Console on the other hand is a different kettle of fish,  I haven’t been able to stop playing since the day of release and long may that continue.

The only slight issue I have is the push to talk feature clashing with party chat as it makes interaction with others impossible when playing in a group. Patience is a virtue though, and I look forward to an RP style of play that no other game (console anyway) can offer.

Edited by TameGamerMT

While I agree with the general consensus of game preview, we shouldn’t be content with the status quo.

The whole point of preview is to test the game and provide constructive feedback, bug reporting, etc. The key word here is constructive.. 

A lot of us are very passionate about the games we play, as a result, we may at times not verbalize our gripes in a constructive manner.

Personally, for the initial port to Xbox, I believe this game is heads above others. I’ve partaken in a number of early access titles, and DayZ takes the cake. Vigor is very close behind, of course since it’s Bohemia..

The servers do indeed need a fair bit of work. With the error messages received, and being locked out of the server, because you joined a few servers which were resetting within a few minutes is a bit ridiculous.

All in all, patience is key..

• Like 1

This game is in its beta. I personally have had very little connectivity issues. Mostly I get kicked for server shutting down. The biggest flaws Iv found are with guns. The keep glitching and I cant reload them. Also I found a river by the main airforce base that does not allow you to refill canteens lol. Its a fun game. The map is large. It looks good. They have even been fixing bugs. Its missing some features from pc version but they say they will come later. Right now its a walking simulator somtimes. My only worry is they will be slow to implement anything. From what Iv heard the do not communicate much with community. I recomend this game beta but it is worrying that its taken 5 years just to get to this bare bones point.

Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one.

• Like 1

On 13/09/2018 at 9:44 AM, Pkr_Steve said:

to all the new players looking to buy this game. i recomend u dont. servers are rubbish u get kicked and cant log in for hours at a time and theres never stff on to fix this issue. sve your money.

Not sure how many game preview programme games you've owned but all the things you mentioned are standard issues in the first few months of a preview release! Games like COD that have "betas" should call it a demo because it makes people think that all beta games should be at a fully finished AAA standard! This is 100% not true! Make better decisions about what game you invest in in the future if anyone thinks dayz would be in a finished state are just plain crazy!