addicted2code

This is the reason for the bacon bug

Is anyone else puking when they eat tactical bacon?  I can't figure out why my character does that.  Never happened in PC .63 when I played experimental (was before the content patch) but on XBOX, since day one, my character pukes when I eat tactical bacon.  Whether i am in the red/yellow or gray when I eat it, he pukes.

No stomach icon shows up.  It doesn't decrease my water or food.  I do eat it raw, no cooking, not sure if that's it.

3 minutes ago, addicted2code said:

Is anyone else puking when they eat tactical bacon?  I can't figure out why my character does that.  Never happened in PC .63 when I played experimental (was before the content patch) but on XBOX, since day one, my character pukes when I eat tactical bacon.  Whether i am in the red/yellow or gray when I eat it, he pukes.

No stomach icon shows up.  It doesn't decrease my water or food.  I do eat it raw, no cooking, not sure if that's it.

Supposedly part of the experimental branch includes sickness, and you might have been on an experimental branch. I was unaware you had to cook canned foods but now you may have to.

Generally speaking if I tip into yellow I eat a can of food, and I'm fine. I have had time where I've over ate, and I start throwing up but that's after like 3 cans.

I wouldnt know how to combine the canned foods with a campfire anyway, would it require a stick and canned food? Can you place the can on the fire? 

Granted I'm slightly stepping out of my scope, as I've only played DayZ SA on PC, seen a few friends try it out on console. Anyways, all canned food, has to be cooked before it's canned and sealed, otherwise it would rapidly decay, bloat and bust the can. Sounds like a game bug there.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, addicted2code said:

Sounds like you are sick. Try to eat only small amounts of food instead of entire cans and drink a lot of fluids, but not from wild lakes/rivers.

29 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

Sounds like you are sick. Try to eat only small amounts of food instead of entire cans and drink a lot of fluids, but not from wild lakes/rivers.

I though sickness was only a thing on the PC version with the experimental update of yesterday.

35 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

5 minutes ago, MarczXD320 said:

I though sickness was only a thing on the PC version with the experimental update of yesterday.

And what medications are in the game to cure these sickness? 

If you become sick at this point by any of the illness, is it just a slow death? Can it be fixed?

Sicknesses are by far not as deadly as they have been in older versions. They show through minor symptoms, but don't do continuous damage. Try to stay as healthy/hydrated/energized as possible and the sickness should disappear by itself without any medication necessary.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

4 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

Sicknesses are by far not as deadly as they have been in older versions. They show through minor symptoms, but don't do continuous damage. Try to stay as healthy/hydrated/energized as possible and the sickness should disappear by itself without any medication necessary.

Awesome thanks. Oh man I cannot wait for deadly sickness :)

It could be just due to overfilling your stomach rather than sickness, or it is bugged. Unfortunately, I also don't see the stomach icon change when i chow down on a can of tactical bacon either. However, if I am staying hydrated, I find that I will puke after eating a whole can of bacon, likely due to the large amount of energy it provides. As such, I've been just eating it a quarter or half a can at a time as needed instead of all in one sitting. I never puke when I follow this method. 

Edited by Skofield_Kid

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

Are we getting diseases that are more deadly and require more drastic actions to cure?

7 hours ago, Bombarding said:

I wouldnt know how to combine the canned foods with a campfire anyway, would it require a stick and canned food? Can you place the can on the fire? 

I would guess you would have to combine the can into a cooking pot

I get this too also tested with my friend who was starving as a fresh spawn and had eaten nothing. We both were puking. I made a joke as I pointed out that the can itself has printed cooked tactical bacon yet the game states its raw. I believe it’s a bug where the game is mistaken the bacon for raw meat.

I tested with my friend who was starving as a fresh spawn and had eaten nothing. We both were puking after eating tactical bacon, no matter the amount. I made a joke as I pointed out that the can itself has printed COOKED tactical bacon yet the game states its RAW. I believe it’s a bug where the game is mistaken the bacon for raw meat, thus making you puke after consumption. :)

I eat raw chicken meat and cow steak all the time and don't puke it's only after tactical bacon so maybe it's a bug or it's too filling because if you eat 3 cow steaks in a row you will puke as well

You puke when your stomach is full. 

1 can of TAC BAC shouldn't make you puke...I havent heard of anyone else doing that or facing that issue...Are you sure you didnt overfill your stomach? 

Even eating rae meat doesnt make you puke although it really should; Maybe once more elemental features are implemented then it will.

5 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

You puke when your stomach is full. 

1 can of TAC BAC shouldn't make you puke...I havent heard of anyone else doing that or facing that issue...Are you sure you didnt overfill your stomach? 

Even eating rae meat doesnt make you puke although it really should; Maybe once more elemental features are implemented then it will.

Well considering my friend who was starving, (Food on red) eat half a can and started puking after way before his food even turned grey. I always puke from raw human meat regardless of how hungry/fed my character is. I’ve spent an hour or so in game testing this with 1 or 2 others with different lengths in character lives, these were the results. Can’t be a bug just for my profile either as I have had this on a couple characters myself. 

We know you are all into wild theories, but the reason has already been explained. :)
If you vomit without having a full stomach (icon should appear), you are probably suffering from Cholera or Salmonella.

21 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

17 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

We know you are all into wild theories, but the reason has already been explained. :)
If you vomit without having a full stomach (icon should appear), you are probably suffering from Cholera or Salmonella.

Exactly sickness caused by eating raw meat, but the tac bac is advertised in game on the packet as cooked, so why am I ill with symptoms of eating raw meat when my bacon in the game says it’s cooked? Not a theory but actual facts that anyone with a tac bac tin can confirm. So again why sick from only consuming tac bac?

1 minute ago, LyrikalD said:

Exactly sickness caused by eating raw meat, but the tac bac is advertised in game on the packet as cooked, so why am I ill with symptoms of eating raw meat when my bacon in the game says it’s cooked? Not a theory but actual facts that anyone with a tac bac tin can confirm. So again why sick from only consuming tac bac?

You are not getting sick from the tactical bacon, but probably through water from rivers/ponds that you have drunk from before.

20 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

You are not getting sick from the tactical bacon, but probably through water from rivers/ponds that you have drunk from before.

I get that theory but my friend who didn’t even drink from a fresh spawn puked after eating quarter to half a can, so in that case it couldn’t have been sickness from water. I never get ill from water either so if that’s actually in the game, the effects need to be more severe to be noticeable. I’ve only ever puked on game from raw human steak or tactical bacon. Never directly from water. 

Edited by LyrikalD
misspelt

41 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

I don't think that is it though.  If I don't eat the tactical bacon (I stopped for the last day and a half to test it) and just eat cooked meat or peaches, I don't throw up.  It's only after eating a whole can of tactical bacon and it's only once.  So I don't think it's sickness, as most people here seem to have the same symptom.  My guess is it's just bugged out, as a single can shouldn't do that.  I did report it on the feedback tracker for the dev team to look at it.  Right now, it does no damage, my concern is when they fully implement sickness and this happens it makes you lose hydration and food.

2 minutes ago, addicted2code said:

I don't think that is it though.  If I don't eat the tactical bacon (I stopped for the last day and a half to test it) and just eat cooked meat or peaches, I don't throw up.  It's only after eating a whole can of tactical bacon and it's only once.  So I don't think it's sickness, as most people here seem to have the same symptom.  My guess is it's just bugged out, as a single can shouldn't do that.  I did report it on the feedback tracker for the dev team to look at it.  Right now, it does no damage, my concern is when they fully implement sickness and this happens it makes you lose hydration and food.

I too have had the same but it didn't need to be a whole can,  could've just been half a can and still puke.

On 9/13/2018 at 8:15 AM, ImpulZ said:

Sounds like your sickness "theory" is wrong. Maybe instead of assuming you have the correct answer, take note of the communities " wildly more accurate than yours" theories, and test them, rather than try and patronize us...

• Thanks 1