Sign in to follow this  
Skruffy

[Question] True Definition of Role Based on Clothing

Hello, 

This is mainly a question for veteran PC players that are playing the Xbox port. From what I understand, there used to be objectives which would give you spawning clothes. So massive amounts of kills gets you bandit, doing hero actions gets you here gear, and so on.

Based on what is currently in the game right now, are there known clothes that signify roles?

Example: People are associating the masks, bloody, usa, etc, aka the payday masks, as a bandit. This is a known item that can easily recognize.

Bandits and heroes alike are all seeking military gear. So it becomes harder and harder to see what role a player is.

I'm not looking for an answer like "practice will show you" I'm wondering if in the pc community with the current patches, there is a set gear set that truly signifies a hero. Or truly signifies a hunter, or bandit, or etc. We can all tell a bambi/fresh spawn based on civilian clothes, but how can we differentiate full kits?

Thanks

Edited by Bombarding
  • Like 1

There is no defined roles with clothing.  What you're talking about was in the Mod, that was even before the PC release and it was something to do with an attempt to make a morality system with what was given in the Arma2 engine and assets.  The system could be tweaked and many bandits walked around in 'hero' clothes because they would bandage up and give blood to hostages they were shooting to corrupt the system.

People will seek out certain gear because it's better.  More inventory spaces, better armor protection, ect.  A guy walking around in blue jeans and a tshirt is just as capable of shooting/stabbing you in the back as a guy in a ghillie suit or full Gorka gear and a white/blue armband, and there's no accounting for trolls.  That and people don't fully know the mechanics, they might pick up a Payday mask thinking that it's bullet resistant or just because 'hey that looks cool'.  Then there's people who know the mechanics and are taking full advantage of them.  A guy in a tracksuit running around with a large backpack probably knows that if he ran around looting in his ghillie suit he's gonna die of dehydration/hyperthermia, not to mention lose the gear he spent hours on while on an apple picking run.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

9 hours ago, IkaikaKekai said:

There is no defined roles with clothing.  What you're talking about was in the Mod, that was even before the PC release and it was something to do with an attempt to make a morality system with what was given in the Arma2 engine and assets.  The system could be tweaked and many bandits walked around in 'hero' clothes because they would bandage up and give blood to hostages they were shooting to corrupt the system.

People will seek out certain gear because it's better.  More inventory spaces, better armor protection, ect.  A guy walking around in blue jeans and a tshirt is just as capable of shooting/stabbing you in the back as a guy in a ghillie suit or full Gorka gear and a white/blue armband, and there's no accounting for trolls.  That and people don't fully know the mechanics, they might pick up a Payday mask thinking that it's bullet resistant or just because 'hey that looks cool'.  Then there's people who know the mechanics and are taking full advantage of them.  A guy in a tracksuit running around with a large backpack probably knows that if he ran around looting in his ghillie suit he's gonna die of dehydration/hyperthermia, not to mention lose the gear he spent hours on while on an apple picking run.

I was going to mention that; that gear is just acquired by whoever wants it...I.e milly and hunting gear as the better more sought after gear and it doesnt necessarily show that a player is a bandit or whoever. 

When he said an answer from a PC guy now that makes more sense as to what he was trying to talk about as youve put more detail and a better explanation to it. The old morality systemseems so flawed and I'm really glad that the players isnt designated clothing on what the game/devs define as his playstyle. 

Sign in to follow this