TheCreeper (DayZ)

A word of advice

For all our new DayZ brethren. Please understand, that the bugs you are facing are being worked on. How you can help is by submitting data of UNDOCUMENTED bugs, not the third thread about guns not working, for instance. A large number of us started with DayZ mod for ARMA2 and we know the growing pains you are going through and as much as it may frustrate you, you have to wait. Rather than put out a patch that will break other features of the game, the devs are pain painstakingly going through the code to insure you get the best possible outcome at that time. Threatening them , as to tell your friends to not buy this game, does nothing. A number of the devs are from, what I understand, and may be wrong, are members of the normal DayZ team. They have seen all the threats before and does nothing to help them, or move them forward. As it is, I've seen parts of the coding for ARMA and by extension, DayZ, and it is a nightmare, now take it one step further in adapting to run on your consoles. Please do the devs and yourselves a favor, relax, let them work and get you the outcome you want. Waiting isn't that bad, I mean, how long have we been waiting for Half Life 3?

In closing, let me share the base rules of DayZ:

1: You WILL die. You are always one step away from death from zeds, bandits, bugs, the power going out, your little brother turning off your console. It will happen, it will suck, but, you will learn, the more you learn, the longer you survive.
2: Situational Awareness. Be aware of your surrounds at all times, your ammo stores, weapons, food, water, time of day, the sounds you make, cover, concealment, your gear. All these will factor in to your survival.

3: Risk vs. Reward. Is it really worth it. Running across that open field to whatever is the prize you have your eyes on. be it NWAF, a geared player, food or water. Take your time and think about it, because I know for a fact, every one else is.

4: Have fun. This is why we play games. Everything doesn't have to be so serious. If you're not having fun, take a break, don't get burnt out, come back when you are ready. Currently, this is what I'm doing. ( For SA, I'm still madly in love with Mod )

I hope this helps in some way. Have fun out there and remember, Sun's up, Guns up. Moon's out, Knifes out.

Still looking for friendlies in Cherno,

Creeper

• Like 5
  • Beans 1

I expected bugs, been watching this game on you tube for years and am pleasantly surprised by how well the game is running. Friends that have played on PC are also impressed with how well it runs. Well done to the devs, keep it coming.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, TheCreeper (DayZ) said:

For all our new DayZ brethren. Please understand, that the bugs you are facing are being worked on. How you can help is by submitting data of UNDOCUMENTED bugs, not the third thread about guns not working, for instance. A large number of us started with DayZ mod for ARMA2 and we know the growing pains you are going through and as much as it may frustrate you, you have to wait. Rather than put out a patch that will break other features of the game, the devs are pain painstakingly going through the code to insure you get the best possible outcome at that time. Threatening them , as to tell your friends to not buy this game, does nothing. A number of the devs are from, what I understand, and may be wrong, are members of the normal DayZ team. They have seen all the threats before and does nothing to help them, or move them forward. As it is, I've seen parts of the coding for ARMA and by extension, DayZ, and it is a nightmare, now take it one step further in adapting to run on your consoles. Please do the devs and yourselves a favor, relax, let them work and get you the outcome you want. Waiting isn't that bad, I mean, how long have we been waiting for Half Life 3?

In closing, let me share the base rules of DayZ:

1: You WILL die. You are always one step away from death from zeds, bandits, bugs, the power going out, your little brother turning off your console. It will happen, it will suck, but, you will learn, the more you learn, the longer you survive.
2: Situational Awareness. Be aware of your surrounds at all times, your ammo stores, weapons, food, water, time of day, the sounds you make, cover, concealment, your gear. All these will factor in to your survival.

3: Risk vs. Reward. Is it really worth it. Running across that open field to whatever is the prize you have your eyes on. be it NWAF, a geared player, food or water. Take your time and think about it, because I know for a fact, every one else is.

4: Have fun. This is why we play games. Everything doesn't have to be so serious. If you're not having fun, take a break, don't get burnt out, come back when you are ready. Currently, this is what I'm doing. ( For SA, I'm still madly in love with Mod )

I hope this helps in some way. Have fun out there and remember, Sun's up, Guns up. Moon's out, Knifes out.

Still looking for friendlies in Cherno,

Creeper

You'll have to post this on every GP title official forum LOL people pop up doing the same for every game...Conan, PUBG, ARK etc the list is endless.

People would pay more attention to other pre-release products but still when all is reveales about what you are purchasing here, people overlook it. 

4 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

You'll have to post this on every GP title official forum LOL people pop up doing the same for every game...Conan, PUBG, ARK etc the list is endless.

People would pay more attention to other pre-release products but still when all is reveales about what you are purchasing here, people overlook it. 

Big red button that states " I Understand "

14 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I expected bugs, been watching this game on you tube for years and am pleasantly surprised by how well the game is running. Friends that have played on PC are also impressed with how well it runs. Well done to the devs, keep it coming.

Same.  It’s met all my expectations.  I play a lot of video games and this is probably my holy grail that finally came to fruition on console.