ImpulZ

Experimental Content Update

Hello Survivors,

today we are releasing the Content Update for 0.63 Experimental. You can find more details on what's in the update in this article.

And we have not forgotten about our promise to bring a community server switch, so you can bring your servers to the 0.63 version. We will announce more on this feature in today's Status Report.

See you in Chernarus!

• Beans 9

Thanks for the info.

Just downloaded content update, when I try to log onto servers I keep getting... "Bad version, server rejected connection..."

Yei, 1st person only servers also back in action. Kill... See u at DE 0-2 ;)

• Beans 2

Is everything that is in Stress Test build in Experimental now as well?

1 hour ago, Natty Dread said:

Thanks for the info.

Just downloaded content update, when I try to log onto servers I keep getting... "Bad version, server rejected connection..."

Probably means that servers aren't updated yet. Give it time.

Updating!! Gonna check it out as soon as possible, and report some new findings! ;)  Cheers!!

• Beans 2

Still no rustling sound when passing through trees and bushes.  Can hear footsteps  but not the branches moving

• Beans 1

can report new items etc they find here please ? Very keen to know but not much time to play. Cant wait

So far I didn't see anything new from Stress Test #45 and up.  The "content" patch was probably to give players the chance to rent private servers and make their own, cause it's not different than the most recent stress test build.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, odin_lowe said:

So far I didn't see anything new from Stress Test #45 and up.  The "content" patch was probably to give players the chance to rent private servers and make their own, cause it's not different than the most recent stress test build.

That's kind of the point - this is the same version as the latest stress test. The stability of a patch is tested in stress tests, once stable enough it goes to experimental. New stuff is always tested on stressers first.

• Beans 1

40 minutes ago, Beavis3D said:

That's kind of the point - this is the same version as the latest stress test. The stability of a patch is tested in stress tests, once stable enough it goes to experimental. New stuff is always tested on stressers first.

:D

I know. I've participated in the very first experimental branch years ago, and been helping with the stress tests ever since they were available.

My point was that many players were asking what was new in this "content" patch, as it was called like that, but since it's exactly the same thing as the stress test patch being pushed to experimental, or experimental being push to stable, and nothing new, I was wondering why they were calling it the "content" patch...

Back in the days when a big experimental patch was being pushed to stable, with lots of new features, it wasn't called anything other than the number of the patch being pushed to stable, so there was a lot of confusion about this "content" patch. 

Shouldn't been called like that really. At most, "private server 0.63 patch" would have been a bit better imo, or nothing at all, like in the past...

3 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

I know. I've participated in the very first experimental branch years ago, and been helping with the stress tests ever since they were available.

My point was that many players were asking what was new in this "content" patch, as it was called like that, but since it's exactly the same thing as the stress test patch being pushed to experimental, or experimental being push to stable, and nothing new, I was wondering why they were calling it the "content" patch...

Back in the days when a big experimental patch was being pushed to stable, with lots of new features, it wasn't called anything other than the number of the patch being pushed to stable, so there was a lot of confusion about this "content" patch. 

Shouldn't been called like that really. At most, "private server 0.63 patch" would have been a bit better imo, or nothing at all, like in the past...

I agree with you although if you think about it, it did include new content that wasn't available in the 0.63 that was previously on experimental. I do wish the content patch had the features that they had claimed was going to be in the first content patch as that would've given players more things to do. 

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I agree with you although if you think about it, it did include new content that wasn't available in the 0.63 that was previously on experimental. I do wish the content patch had the features that they had claimed was going to be in the first content patch as that would've given players more things to do. 

I understand. It's just that since I try, test and play most, if not every, versions of the game, I thought that the "content" patch was somewhat different. It was my mistake.

i've grown quite fond of ladders nowadays, they feel so save and responsive to use. exept - that tall chinmney in krasnostav. My character was shown climbing like half a meter away from the ladder, not touching it at all and still going up with ease. uh thats odd i thought but whats the worst that could happen? upon exiting onto the platform at the top I guess I clipped into the rails, so the server ejected me violently and sent me flying some 50m and to sudden death. I was not happy. And now i'm wary of ladders once more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gannaf said:

i've grown quite fond of ladders nowadays, they feel so save and responsive to use. exept - that tall chinmney in krasnostav. My character was shown climbing like half a meter away from the ladder, not touching it at all and still going up with ease. uh thats odd i thought but whats the worst that could happen? upon exiting onto the platform at the top I guess I clipped into the rails, so the server ejected me violently and sent me flying some 50m and to sudden death. I was not happy. And now i'm wary of ladders once more

Apparently that is a known issue. If you see yourself climbing in thin air, stop climbing for a sec and the game should realign you. Then about that chimney catapult... sounds messy ?

3 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Ah, sorry. Well to be fair it is called a content patch relative to the previous experimental build, and that is how it has been termed during the whole stress testing period. I don't think they dare throw anything into the experimental branch without stress testing it first, especially after all the problems they had with this patch...

47 minutes ago, Beavis3D said:

Apparently that is a known issue. If you see yourself climbing in thin air, stop climbing for a sec and the game should realign you. Then about that chimney catapult... sounds messy ?

Ok tried that and yeah it works. Must be every slanted ladder then as the animation just takes you staright up vertically and further and further away from the ladder...

Another gripe i have with ladders: I want to be able to step on the ladder at any point along its lenth. why? I climbed a factory roof and jumpend down one level onto the little adjacent room. Now i couldnt get back up and couldnt jump without risking injury. And the friggin ladder was right next to me but unaccessible! So naturally I tried a little parcour onto a wall, missed and went on limping. At least you didnt get me this time, ladder!

Edited by Gannaf
  • Like 2
  • Beans 2

7 hours ago, Gannaf said:

Ok tried that and yeah it works. Must be every slanted ladder then as the animation just takes you staright up vertically and further and further away from the ladder...

Another gripe i have with ladders: I want to be able to step on the ladder at any point along its lenth. why? I climbed a factory roof and jumpend down one level onto the little adjacent room. Now i couldnt get back up and couldnt jump without risking injury. And the friggin ladder was right next to me but unaccessible! So naturally I tried a little parcour onto a wall, missed and went on limping. At least you didnt get me this time, ladder!

I'd say it is meant to be accessible if it isn't physically blocked by something, it's just that they have to make it accessible. Go back to that particular building, take a screenshot of the location and post a ticket on the feedback tracker saying the ladder wasn't accessible there. For example, when climbing radio masts you can exit and access the ladder at every platform, so I think it is supposed to work like that everywhere.

Hello! The question is more about the owners of private servers, as well as developers of dyaz! Tell me why in the server logs of the experimental version 0.63.148605 the player's steam ID is not displayed and the weapon or item from which the player was killed is not fixed, and the place of hit is not displayed? On a stable version of 0.62, all this is there! When will this be displayed on the experimental version?

• Like 1

Just a couple of things from this recent content release on Exp.

I got stuck with my feet "under the floor" by entering a building where the doorstep was raised up (this was in Kamyshovo but I've seen similar in other places). I then jumped and landed on the floor however my walking was stuttery while I could crouch which allowed me to walk at double speed. I left the building and that continued to happen. It wasn't until I found myself in the open and went to prone did it resolve itself.

I had to log in and back out again in order to drop an item. I picked up some boots, they stayed in my hand, I couldn't get rid of them. upon logging in it looks like the problem persists but I was able to go to inventory and drop them that way.

Not sure what is going on with the jumping but it's "a bit weird". I guess it's connected to the stamina but I went up to the usual small fence that surrounds gardens, the one that is up to your waist, yet I couldn't jump it. If I let me stamina build up and take a run at it, and hold down the space I cleared it, and there does seem to be a trick to jumping based on how long you hold the space, but if you walk up to a fence, wait for your stamina to be full then press forward and jump it just jumps upwards on the spot, no forward movement at all. This can be extremely frustrating when trying to get out of the path of a zombie.

Now I'm not complaining about these things, nor am I raising them as bugs, I feel that they are so generalised that they will be picked up and resolved fairly quickly. I mention them purely so if others experience them they'll know how to resolve them.

Edited by rickyriot
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, rickyriot said:

Just a couple of things from this recent content release on Exp.

I got stuck with my feet "under the floor" by entering a building where the doorstep was raised up (this was in Kamyshovo but I've seen similar in other places). I then jumped and landed on the floor however my walking was stuttery while I could crouch which allowed me to walk at double speed. I left the building and that continued to happen. It wasn't until I found myself in the open and went to prone did it resolve itself.

I had to log in and back out again in order to drop an item. I picked up some boots, they stayed in my hand, I couldn't get rid of them. upon logging in it looks like the problem persists but I was able to go to inventory and drop them that way.

Not sure what is going on with the jumping but it's "a bit weird". I guess it's connected to the stamina but I went up to the usual small fence that surrounds gardens, the one that is up to your waist, yet I couldn't jump it. If I let me stamina build up and take a run at it, and hold down the space I cleared it, and there does seem to be a trick to jumping based on how long you hold the space, but if you walk up to a fence, wait for your stamina to be full then press forward and jump it just jumps upwards on the spot, no forward movement at all. This can be extremely frustrating when trying to get out of the path of a zombie.

Now I'm not complaining about these things, nor am I raising them as bugs, I feel that they are so generalised that they will be picked up and resolved fairly quickly. I mention them purely so if others experience them they'll know how to resolve them.

I could be wrong about the jumping mechanic but it may be how it is in real life because you wouldn't be able to stand in front of something and jump over it without having to gain momentum first otherwise you'll just jump up and down as it is now in-game. 

46 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I could be wrong about the jumping mechanic but it may be how it is in real life because you wouldn't be able to stand in front of something and jump over it without having to gain momentum first otherwise you'll just jump up and down as it is now in-game. 

Not questioning your physical dexterity but it's very easy to do exactly that.

Edit: I will concede it would be much harder with a fully loaded backpack. I wasn't doing it with a fully loaded backpack though.

Edited by rickyriot

4 hours ago, rickyriot said:

Not questioning your physical dexterity but it's very easy to do exactly that.

Edit: I will concede it would be much harder with a fully loaded backpack. I wasn't doing it with a fully loaded backpack though.

You also have to understand that the height of the object your trying to jump over will also determine if you can successfully jump over it from a standing position or if it will require momentum to do so.

Edited by LordBlackwolf