So havent been on in 2 days not to sure if relogging is a fix for this but I had tried scoping in on a gun and the scope appeared quite a bit above the gun.

Can you post a screenshot? Is it as if you are using the iron sights? or is the sight generally just floating above the gun?

Aim in third person down to the ground or up in the sky to fix the misalignment.

Not a fix though, I shouldnt have to aim at a dandelion when I want to snipe someone in front of me. They need an actual fix not an temporary diy, it’s a misalignment and I think deep down it plays with the aim too. Ak has been my only accurate gun at range even the mosin has invisible bullets sometimes

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LyrikalD said:

Not a fix though, I shouldnt have to aim at a dandelion when I want to snipe someone in front of me. They need an actual fix not an temporary diy, it’s a misalignment and I think deep down it plays with the aim too. Ak has been my only accurate gun at range even the mosin has invisible bullets sometimes

/agree

Although the devs cant always just click their fingers and make a fix appear.

I guess they could start by addressing the issue.

17 hours ago, Dajenpool said:

Make sure you are hitting LB after aiming with RB to look down scope 

You're a star, that fixed the "only able to use your acog on an SMG" +1 my friend!

So I am set on it being the missallignment that someone spoke of, thanks I do recall hearing the look up look down on a youtube video so Im sure the company is aware of this problem. Really looking forward to the next few big patchs and I hope this game does well on console we really needed a hardcore survival game on console and there are so many on pc unable to be ported so lets hope this one does well :)

On 11/09/2018 at 10:05 AM, Nicholas Kennedy said:

So havent been on in 2 days not to sure if relogging is a fix for this but I had tried scoping in on a gun and the scope appeared quite a bit above the gun.

I had this problem also, finally got my self a Mosin, matching ammo and a scope, went to use it and ended up looking down the iron sights instead.  Will try the LB and see if that's the issue. 

2 hours ago, Calcifur said:

I had this problem also, finally got my self a Mosin, matching ammo and a scope, went to use it and ended up looking down the iron sights instead.  Will try the LB and see if that's the issue. 

What scope you putting on that mossin??

39 minutes ago, Ridzz said:

What scope you putting on that mossin??

I believe it to be the PU Scope.  I appears to be the only one the fits.  I also have a M68 and something else but neither seem to be mountable to the Rifle.

I would love to have the ability to use a scope (unmounted) as a makeshift telescope.  seems a shame that this feature isn't present.

Just now, Calcifur said:

I believe it to be the PU Scope.  I appears to be the only one the fits.  I also have a M68 and something else but neither seem to be mountable to the Rifle.

I would love to have the ability to use a scope (unmounted) as a makeshift telescope.  seems a shame that this feature isn't present.

I believe you can use your scope in Your hands as a telescope or at least the acog as I've done this myself! I can't find a pu scope anywhere maybe checked 50+ dearstands/hunting stand and was convinced it wasn'tin game yet?!

Thx for the heads up I'll keep searching!

I have found a few now, I think the current one i found was at the Barracks NW of of the NE airfield.  Its seem to be a good source of 5.56 and 7.62 ammo(and matching mags) as well as various scopes and what I think are laser sights.

2 hours ago, Calcifur said:

Hunting scope fits it. I had one before I died. Currently looking for one in the dear stands. 

7 hours ago, Calcifur said:

It's supposed to be like this. Lb will work cos it's the button to switch your sights. 

just wanted to address the issue of lying down whilst trying to look through the scope of a gun, the screen goes completely black and i can't seem to see anything although kneeling whilst using scope works fine. 

2 minutes ago, Scampo said:

just wanted to address the issue of lying down whilst trying to look through the scope of a gun, the screen goes completely black and i can't seem to see anything although kneeling whilst using scope works fine. 

Only does this on some guns I think. Can't prone and scope with AkM or Mosin but can on the M4 no probs.

ah cool gotta get me an m4 for now rhen lol got an svd but not sure if its the same as ive only tried it with ak