Calcifur

Malfunctioning guns

So I know that there have been lots of posts about gun glitches, not reloading, only chambering 1x round and black screen through scopes.  But I am wondering if this is something different.  In latest character had a silenced 4-Five, 2x mags and maybe 20x .45ACP rounds.

I could not get the gun to fire, it just dry fired the whole time.  I tried unloading/reloading the mags, swapping mags.  nothing.

So I am wondering of it is legit malfunction with the gun, I have seen gun cleaning kits around but never had enough space to carry one.  I know on PC you were able to get gun jams and stuff.  Is this available in Xbox yet?

I cant test anything as my character was killed in the military base last night.  I assume sniped by someone as I never heard any shots. (anyone else sick of this  Shot on Sight mentality of people??)

This is not intended behaviour and the team is looking into a fix for these issues on PC and console.

I haven't managed to get a weapon cleaning kit to work yet. Does it only work on damaged guns, as I've only tried it on worn guns?

The cleaning kits get the guns up to worn. The same with sewing kits on clothes and backpacks

Edited by Gav Williams

5 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I haven't managed to get a weapon cleaning kit to work yet. Does it only work on damaged guns, as I've only tried it on worn guns?

The cleaning kits get the guns up to worn. The same with sewing kits on clothes and backpacks

Ah, thought that might be the case as i discoveredthat with sewing kits. I also understand duct tape fixes backpacks. Are leather sewing kits for boots and coats?

1 minute ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Ah, thought that might be the case as i discoveredthat with sewing kits. I also understand duct tape fixes backpacks. Are leather sewing kits for boots and coats?

Only used them on the bags,never thought about the boots ?