Psych0 trainer

Bury stash

3 hours ago, Psych0 trainer said:

Can we already bury boxed ammo food Ect ammo  with a shuffle? And wil it stay when the server resets?

Have to bury the items in containers such as cooking pots or protective containers etc as far as I know. Not 100% on that though.

The question is tho, will it also stay after server resets? It would be great to finally be able to build some sort of HQ or holding area for our stash.

Just now, DXMIMZY said:

The question is tho, will it also stay after server resets? It would be great to finally be able to build some sort of HQ or holding area for our stash.

Yes, buried stashes are persistent for around 40 days. 43 or 41 to be exact. 

Building will be 'fortifying' once it releases. No actual building.

Just now, Powell x91 said:

Yes, buried stashes are persistent for around 40 days. 43 or 41 to be exact. 

Building will be 'fortifying' once it releases. No actual building.

Nice. Do some of you already have like a large inventory and going well for you? I want to be sure that I can 100% grind, with out my items disappearing after a server crash or reset.

Just now, DXMIMZY said:

Nice. Do some of you already have like a large inventory and going well for you? I want to be sure that I can 100% grind, with out my items disappearing after a server crash or reset.

Ive buried food and a loaded pistol on the east coast incase I die and need it once respawning; the case has been there everytime ive checked and it was last week I buried it. 

I wouldn't bury too much incase they overwrite each other somehow; im not sure that there isnt a cap on how many stashes you can have. 

Once more content and items become available I will be making more stash points. 

Very Nice. Well, i guess there is only one way to find out if their is a stash limit or not. I kinda wish that the Devs or Rep would be more responsive on most of these questions. We are literally having to test these things out all on our own.

Just now, DXMIMZY said:

Very Nice. Well, i guess there is only one way to find out if their is a stash limit or not. I kinda wish that the Devs or Rep would be more responsive on most of these questions. We are literally having to test these things out all on our own.

I agree that devs and mods should be more active on here towards help with bugs/fixes/workarounds and such but that is what dayZ is about; The devs want us to find it out for ourselves. If you look at PC  forums from the starting days of DayZ there are hundreds of threads where players help each other and make guides etc

On console we are way too used to getting that user manual lol this is a proper PC port so its designed for players to figure it out alone or with other players. 

Just now, Powell x91 said:

I agree that devs and mods should be more active on here towards help with bugs/fixes/workarounds and such but that is what dayZ is about; The devs want us to find it out for ourselves. If you look at PC  forums from the starting days of DayZ there are hundreds of threads where players help each other and make guides etc

On console we are way too used to getting that user manual lol this is a proper PC port so its designed for players to figure it out alone or with other players. 

True. I guess thats true survival. lol

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, DXMIMZY said:

True. I guess thats true survival. lol

Yeah it is but in reality we should be allowed unlimited stashes but that's probably not going to happen so ya pro***ly right, a mod or dev needs to confirm how many.

3 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

Yeah it is but in reality we should be allowed unlimited stashes but that's probably not going to happen so ya pro***ly right, a mod or dev needs to confirm how many.

Plus I wouldn't get too attached to your characters anyhow. We should expect character wipes & all along the development cycles.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Marvel_Ham said:

Plus I wouldn't get too attached to your characters anyhow. We should expect character wipes & all along the development cycles.

How is that even related to what we're talking about? Haha 

How do you bury stuff? I found a shovel. Can you bury things without a container?

10 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

How is that even related to what we're talking about? Haha 

The last 2 server updates wiped the whole DB, stashes and all.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DXMIMZY said:

How do you bury stuff? I found a shovel. Can you bury things without a container?

Put the container on the ground and with the shovel in your hands look at the item to be buried and press RT. You should be prompted to "Bury Item" or something along those lines.

• Like 4

On 12/09/2018 at 7:09 AM, Powell x91 said:

Put the container on the ground and with the shovel in your hands look at the item to be buried and press RT. You should be prompted to "Bury Item" or something along those lines.

Awesome great info I'll give it a go! Although if updates remove stashed items and they patch weekly as it's currently been it's probably not worth putting anything too valuable in it!

I've  had two stashes dissapear not due to players in two separate servers.  One I noticed ( a server) was absent from the server list and after that my stash was gone if I remember correctly.  Just two cents

12 hours ago, Mpmax said:

I've  had two stashes dissapear not due to players in two separate servers.  One I noticed ( a server) was absent from the server list and after that my stash was gone if I remember correctly.  Just two cents

Updates clear persistence. 

A mod or dev said somewhere to someone that they will be able to give us a notice that it will happen in the future once they get better server performance and also they dont know when updates will go live at the moment so just dont bury any thing too valuable really.

Was it checked after the update?

Edited by Powell x91

26 minutes ago, Powell x91 said:

Updates clear persistence. 

A mod or dev said somewhere to someone that they will be able to give us a notice that it will happen in the future once they get better server performance and also they dont know when updates will go live at the moment so just dont bury any thing too valuable really.

Was it checked after the update?

This is a thought.does having your stash bag in hand at logout work way around this problem in the sense your able to atleast have 1 stash bag as long as before you logout u go get it from were ever stash is?or a any one have any suggestions or tested trechniques

3 minutes ago, Jerry Young said:

This is a thought.does having your stash bag in hand at logout work way around this problem in the sense your able to atleast have 1 stash bag as long as before you logout u go get it from were ever stash is?or a any one have any suggestions or tested trechniques

Yeah, pretty sure thats what they do on PC. 

Pick it up all, think you need two people though to be able to pack up all the gear and tent so you got to use a buddy-buddy system on it. Not 100% though but think thats how it works, for now.

Edit - obviously we aint got tents etc so yeah, just pick up your stash when an update is due.

Edited by Powell x91

How

4 minutes ago, Powell x91 said:

Yeah, pretty sure thats what they do on PC. 

Pick it up all, think you need two people though to be able to pack up all the gear and tent so you got to use a buddy-buddy system on it. Not 100% though but think thats how it works, for now.

Edit - obviously we aint got tents etc so yeah, just pick up your stash when an update is due.

Thx .but how do I even get close to guessing wen update is due lol

18 minutes ago, Jerry Young said:

How

Thx .but how do I even get close to guessing wen update is due lol

Thats the problem at the moment. Like I said; The mod mentioned that its hard for the devs to know exactly when.  I would say just keep an eye out here and on the main site, including the development blog.