Sign in to follow this  
HarrySahne

Advanced cooking, more ingredients

I didn't find this topic in the "List of already existing suggestions"-post, so I'm gonna open this new topic.

My idea is, to implement the ability to do advanced cooking, what would require more ingredients. With that, there should be more growable vegetables and plants to use with cooking.

Some special recipes could have some rare and special effects, like restoring health faster or getting warm faster from a hearty soup, restoring stamina faster by making a drink with lots of vitamines and electrolytes or lowering Weaponsway or damage by adding herbs that funcion as painkiller or sedative.

The benefit of cooking soups or other dishes could be, that if you cook a soup with some ingredients, it gives you more energy than eating each of the ingredients on it's own. 

Would be nice, if you could bake doughs to make Pizza, crepe or similar things with toppings you want.

That would of course require to add items like salt, pepper, flour, spices and whatever you need to creaate different types of dishes. You'd also be able to cut ingredients like meat and vegetables into cubes and have the possibility to grow plants like onions, carrots, potatoes and maybe even wheat or find eggs from chicken.

I think you get the point and the possibilities are endless. I would much apreciate such a system, because it's one more way you can spend your time in Chernarus, that is not KOS or looting guns. 

Cheers, HarrySahne

• Beans 3

The cooking pot does need to be put to better use. I would hope we see some soup/stews one day.  Maybe Garlic could have a positive effect against flu symptoms and makes you do hardcore FARTS. Cannibal stews with human meat also but nothing to indicate its a human stew in the stews description. 

Edited by liquidcactus
  • Haha 1

A long time ago I also remember Dean talking about adding coffee and tea...

and even with the ingredients we've got right now you could do things like :

milkpowder + water = milk + rice + fruits = rice pudding  ( some sugar would be nice though)

How about starting with

=  Boiling Water in an Empty Tin Can  =

like we used to when DayZ was just a game for survivalists and hobos and psychos with guns ?

23 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

How about starting with

=  Boiling Water in an Empty Tin Can  =

like we used to when DayZ was just a game for survivalists and hobos and psychos with guns ?

and then add milkpowder, rice.....and sugar xD

• Like 2