I've found plenty of magazines but no gun as yet, I've checked most of the military areas too.

• Thanks 1

Yeah there's a app called Izurvive and it has a map showing you where they could possibly spawn. Right now on server reset there is 3-4 crashes generated. 

• Thanks 1

Lol I know the feeling, alas there isn't a mag for Mosin it's a bolt action rifle. Keep pressing b on the bullets and it'll load 5. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep crash sites as mags for SVD spawn in military bases, especially on guests towers and occasionally I've seen two SVD mags spawn on hunting stands. Also the Mosin has an included internal five round magazine just keep tapping Y till all five rounds are loaded. Tells to how many rounds are in gun on bottom left and in brackets next to chambered bullet is mag capactiy

• Thanks 1

The crash sites are a bit bugged too, I've been near one where the was just smoke but no actual helicopter, at a crash location but nothing there and was at one where there was smoke and and helicopter but then it wasn't there after a server restart.

7 hours ago, THYERS said:

The crash sites are a bit bugged too, I've been near one where the was just smoke but no actual helicopter, at a crash location but nothing there and was at one where there was smoke and and helicopter but then it wasn't there after a server restart.

Apparently there is only 3-4  choppers that spawn in randomly upon each server restart, 

I've been fortunate to rock the SVD from day one. Although I must admit , it aint easy finding one . so far I've only ever found them at heli crash sites although the mags can found at most military installations. However not all heli crash sites will spawn them , only a few . And taking into account that some crash sites glitch (leaving nothing but smoke and no actual heli ) it is most definitely a rare find. At this stage unfortunately they are nothing more than a glorified single shot AKm , as there is no way (that I know of ) to steady your aim whilst aiming down the scope , making longe range shots on a static target challenging , let alone a moving one.  Also lying prone whilst looking down the scope currently is a no go either , the only way to really steady the aim is to put the weapon on your knee by lying down and rolling over , but this in a hostile , combat situation is just not practical . hope this helps.

P.S if there is a way to  steady your aim whilst scoping that I'm unaware of , please could someone let me know ? 

cheers 

I have a scope SVD and Mag. It is bliss to fire at range and quick to down enemies.

When you see the smoke but no heli it means you showed up too late the helis only stick around in 1 spot for a limited time but there are 4 active on each server. The smoke stays about 5 to 10 minutes after the heli despawns

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chris Burton said:

When you see the smoke but no heli it means you showed up too late the helis only stick around in 1 spot for a limited time but there are 4 active on each server. The smoke stays about 5 to 10 minutes after the heli despawns

Yep. Every 30 minutes the crash site respawns elsewhere.