Deathbykarma

What to do after fully geared?

Since the party chat combined with in game chat is broke what is there to do? Killing people is kinda pointless since we have everything we need, and wandering endlessly wasting food and water doesn't sound fun. Am I missing something?

40 minutes ago, Deathbykarma said:

Since the party chat combined with in game chat is broke what is there to do? Killing people is kinda pointless since we have everything we need, and wandering endlessly wasting food and water doesn't sound fun. Am I missing something?

I asked this same question yesterday and a few people responded. I pretty much just kill people. I think it's pretty intense on high population servers. But, yes, it gets old. I personally think base building is the only thing that would add longevity to this game.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I have thought this, I'm not even fully geared up yet and I'm already getting bored, I love the survival elements of the game and it's such a beautiful experience, but the impending thoughts of not having anything to do are becoming apparent. I agree with OP's point of how the game ends up (currently) with you just having to search for food, I really want to love this game, but I can feel my love for it slipping in it's current state. If the other posts on this board are anything to go by it would seem the devs aren't too keen on updating the game with new content so I haven't got high hopes currently.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deathbykarma said:

Come and give me a hand!!  Haha.  I need some ammo for the Mosin.

I'm bored already.

Beautiful world...but nothing to do other than eat and drink.

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

I'm bored already.

Beautiful world...but nothing to do other than eat and drink.

jeez - lookout it's behind you !! (naaagh).. hmm.. too late..

15 hours ago, Deathbykarma said:

you're missing about half the game still, far as I can tell, even the sun don't work - did you eat any of the blue berries yet?

F3y2mQu.jpg

Edited by pilgrim*

I recall some of the old Frankie1080P videos where he discussed this exact consequence of playing the game after a certain amount of time with a certain frame of mind. Correct me if I'm wrong but, as a sandbox game, I think I remember him saying he always approached DayZ (even when not making scripted and edited story videos) with a sort of story or goal in mind. And this was back in the days of the mod which had more features, base building, etc. Perhaps this kind of touches on what OP is getting at where, without at least a little bit of imagination/ inventing of goals/ role playing on the part of the player, you may get bored and run out of things to do in the game. Obviously, features yet to be added would make this easier compared to the current build. These goals might be as simple as reaching a specific point of the map or finding a specific piece of equipment, finding someone in need of help, claiming and clearing a base or town for your group (not much of a use for this though with the current instability of servers) hunting animals or bandits (or engaging in your own sporadic banditry), etc. Just some suggestions to keep you going in the meantime. Cheers. 

Edited by Skofield_Kid
  • Like 3
  • Beans 1

39 minutes ago, Skofield_Kid said:

I recall some of the old Frankie1080P videos where he discussed this exact consequence of playing the game after a certain amount of time with a certain frame of mind. Correct me if I'm wrong but, as a sandbox game, I think I remember him saying he always approached DayZ (even when not making scripted and edited story videos) with a sort of story or goal in mind. And this was back in the days of the mod which had more features, base building, etc. Perhaps this kind of touches on what OP is getting at where, without at least a little bit of imagination/ inventing of goals/ role playing on the part of the player, you may get bored and run out of things to do in the game. Obviously, features yet to be added would make this easier compared to the current build. These goals might be as simple as reaching a specific point of the map or finding a specific piece of equipment, finding someone in need of help, claiming and clearing a base or town for your group (not much of a use for this though with the current instability of servers) hunting animals or bandits (or engaging in your own sporadic banditry), etc. Just some suggestions to keep you going in the meantime. Cheers. 

That’s why FrankieOnPC’s videos were so good! I really liked the role play that he has going on with his intros, it gets me feel pretty immersed with the dialog of the video.

I think the reasons why people get bored with DayZ lategame is a little more than surface-deep. What I believe to be the issue is that people are getting use to BR style games too much.

For example PUBG, where you try to loot as much as possible the same way you do in DayZ, search houses and travel to other places, and try to kill people that are either already there or showing up while you’re looting. When you get all the stuff that you need, you then travel to an area and kill the last survivors, declaring you the winner.

So nowadays, new people that play DayZ have been “spoiled” by the way BR games play, they expect that there is an endpoint, or be declared a winner or someway or another.

There isn’t.

This game is purely a survival game, your character is living in a post-apocalyptic wasteland filled with zombies, player encounters are suppose to be rare!

It makes me laugh when I see someone suggesting that we should get ingame maps/mini maps, because that is something that is standard for a BR game like PUBG/Fortnite.

If they were going to add a map to the game, it would be a physical object that you would have to find and pick up, and it wouldn’t show you as a dot on the map, you would have to actually locate where you are just like a roadmap back in the day.

I think I might be getting off topic. I guess if you need to find something to do, go and search for better guns and gear, on a high population server there’s always someone nearby the places guns drop.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

I would say, stay alive, help friends and other survivors. Be different, protect people from bandits.

2 hours ago, PULLINGaWilson said:

Gear up. Head to coast. Create cannibal society by force or coercion. 

mHfhY5a.png

Great multi-beanz, yes !!

xxP

AsqSuiS.jpg

Forget about "gearing up" - Just concentrate on the essentials.

Edited by pilgrim*
~ P A Wilson is 100% THREAD dude !
  • Haha 1

Find a melee weapon, find a great helm, and find a black raincoat. Find a bridge or dam, stand in center of said bridge or dam, wait for players to come into proxy chat range (or find a megaphone) and exclaim: "NONE SHALL PASS!" or "THE BLACK KNIGHT ALWAYS TRIUMPHS!".  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShallowTech said:

I would say, stay alive, help friends and other survivors. Be different, protect people from bandits.

Help people is kinda down the toilet as the in game chat is broke currently while in a party and the random 90% of the time wait till you have your back to them and just pop ya 3 times.

And staying alive is fun an all but becomes tedious with no other goals.

1 hour ago, Deathbykarma said:

Help people is kinda down the toilet as the in game chat is broke currently while in a party and the random 90% of the time wait till you have your back to them and just pop ya 3 times.

And staying alive is fun an all but becomes tedious with no other goals.

I'm wondering how many people I've killed due to this glitch. I've got a no mic you die when it's convenient policy.