Sign in to follow this  
captaincrumb

The Reality.

Firstly a pat on the back for the Bohemia team working on this game. Its been a long journey, one I've followed you from its early beginnings. The highs have been breath taking, the lows depressing. Through out all of this, the idea remained true - A hardcore, zombie survival game, or even an Apocalypse simulator. I left the game for a while on PC and have returned to it via my box and may I say what a vast improvement. The animations are excellent, the zombies behave like zombies and the overall ambiance is spot on. To address some of the negativity, yes things need to be tweaked, added back and addressed, but until then we must enjoy what we have, and what we have is promise.

I agree it is hard surviving - food and drink scarce, zombies left right and centre and players all to ready to kill you for a pocket of rags. But this game demands you are switched on at all times. With a bit of thought you can survive, I know because I've done it many times. If you want a plug in and play zombie game, there are many to choose from. If you want to test your worth than stick with this. It will get better, I have faith, 5 years worth of it. 

So once again, a thank you to the Dayz dev team, you shall arrive soon and realize your dream.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

34 minutes ago, captaincrumb said:

Firstly a pat on the back for the Bohemia team working on this game. Its been a long journey, one I've followed you from its early beginnings. The highs have been breath taking, the lows depressing. Through out all of this, the idea remained true - A hardcore, zombie survival game, or even an Apocalypse simulator. I left the game for a while on PC and have returned to it via my box and may I say what a vast improvement. The animations are excellent, the zombies behave like zombies and the overall ambiance is spot on. To address some of the negativity, yes things need to be tweaked, added back and addressed, but until then we must enjoy what we have, and what we have is promise.

I agree it is hard surviving - food and drink scarce, zombies left right and centre and players all to ready to kill you for a pocket of rags. But this game demands you are switched on at all times. With a bit of thought you can survive, I know because I've done it many times. If you want a plug in and play zombie game, there are many to choose from. If you want to test your worth than stick with this. It will get better, I have faith, 5 years worth of it. 

So once again, a thank you to the Dayz dev team, you shall arrive soon and realize your dream.

Qft!

3 minutes ago, Baroni88 said:

“Qft”?

guess it’s because I’m 30. ◔̯◔ 

Quoted for truth! I'm 34 X)

Nice joined day. Jan. 4th. My b-day.

Edited by Nano Ninja

There's only one thing I disagree with - there aren't that many zombies.  I woudl think in higher populated areas, maybe even where the loot is better there would be hoardes of them.  I find they are always easy enough to avoid and even when attacked by a couple when I'm not being as careful, still easy to kill. 

Having areas where there are hoards of them would also encourage more cooperative play.

I agree 100%. It is a rocky start. But when you realize the vision the dev team has and can get behind it, you cant help but be thankful you are helping them make a product we all love. 

They have done a fantastic job. And many praises for what they deliver. I hope to see more expansive content soon. I cant wait to see the new guns, and the little changes. I think an xbox exclusive map would be awesome pre-1.0 if it is possible.

It would be fantastic Maytrix001, to have hoards of zombies, what a game changer that would be, but In believe it would impact server performance so don't hold your breath. As for more content - yes it needs it. Information is sparse, but i have read that once the new build is stable, they will re-implement some of the old content back - horticulture, fishing, vehicles, diseases, temp and maybe one day fortification. I hope this comes sooner rather than later, because as someone mentioned in an earlier post, without it there is very little to do when you become fully geared.

I think they need to add it at some point, they'll just need to improve their servers.  Given the size of the area as well, 60 people max seems like it might not be enough.

Sign in to follow this