Slacker4hire

Why is everyone an ahole in this game?

Dont think anything else is needed.  I have yet met anyone, fresh spawn or not who has tried to kill onsite. Why does everyone play like jack offs

• Beans 1

From what I've heard Dayz has been like this since back in the Arma mod days. I guess it's just from people having bad experiences in the past which lead to them not trusting anyone and attacking on site. I, however, have had some friendly encounters with numerous people. It also seems to help if you have a friend with you, of course. :)

Met one friend already. We both loaded into the same spot at the same time and drew guns on each other before he quoted ash versus the evil dead by saying “THIS IS MY BOOM STICK!!” With a mosin pointed at my face. Now we have radio transmitters and constantly chat while we loot. Turns out he didn’t have any ammo for the mosin but it sure scared me 

I find the further inland you go people are more hostile, I guess it's cause they have more to lose (guns, decent loot etc). Fresh spawns are either crazy for blood as they have nothing to lose or beg for stuff, I usually keep myself to myself it's easier that way, always remember; more friends and a bigger squad means more mouth's to feed and more chances for betrayal. You might find a fresh spawn bambi and train them up, they may stay loyal

Havnt met a friendly yet, PC or Xbox. Even on PC servers where it states No killing on site as rule I kept getting shot, so yeah now I’ll shoot you if you get too close, raise your gun at me or don’t respond on the mic

I always try to help people. Problem is the etiquette of meeting people. If you run up to someone with an axe or knife in hand you are likely to get shot. If you stand at distance then you are probably safe, well with me anyway. I am yet to shoot at someone who hasn't attacked or shot at me first. I always give new players food and water if I have it as well as weapons. 

7 hours ago, Slacker4hire said:

Dont think anything else is needed.  I have yet met anyone, fresh spawn or not who has tried to kill onsite. Why does everyone play like jack offs

Why is everyone an ahole in this game?

Logically there are only two possible answers, Captain : And what are those, Spock?

1 ) All the players you meet wanted to play that way

2) All online game players are aholes

The REASON for online games is that human players are COMPLETELY UNPREDICTABLE. Otherwise we could all stay home with a single-player game and play against AIs and NPCs. The only possible reason for logging in to an Online, is because other Human Players are there. And THEY can act totally any way at all. They are the ONLY reason it's worth logging in to an Online. It's what online games are FOR.

But we do also know IRL Human Beings have just spent 30,000 years being the TOP PREDATOR on the planet.
So .. er .. be kind of wary of them ..
(eg - check them out from a distance, see how they act.. talk from a place they cant get a shot at you.. or keep them covered and tell them you want to be peaceful .. any first contact is going to have stress in it, specially if it sudden ..& a fight or flight reaction.. don't expect them to trust YOU either.. )

BUT Also because we ARE really unpredictable,  there are some players who want to help you out, or have an easy talk, or team up.. (and they may be lying or telling the truth). There ARE players who spend their full-time being medics, or form anti-bandit patrols, or hand out food and advice.  - there are also players who 100% ONLY want to be an ace solo hidden long-distance sniper and up their count. That's DayZ.

Figuring ways to approach other players can be helpful.. there are many discussions of this in the PC section ATM if you search you may find advice (they are in the PC section only because it"s been running for years and many folk have already asked the same questions, suggested stuff and talked it over)

Also I notice since today (I guess OrLok set it up)  - there is an Xbox Recruitement section now.   You don't have to be an organized team to advertise, you can put in a line for yourself, maybe say how you play, & ask if anyone around wants get together with you .. Perhaps that is a way for you to go?  

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*
~

it's a tough issue to address.

the quick answer is because it's the shortest and easiest path to success on the whole.

however, it is also the laziest and ultimately least rewarding.

as others have said, don't be like the lazy folk, "play your way", it won't be easy and will often frustrate but when it goes right then it's all worth it.

• Beans 1

9 hours ago, EnforcingSkullsX said:

From what I've heard Dayz has been like this since back in the Arma mod days. I guess it's just from people having bad experiences in the past which lead to them not trusting anyone and attacking on site. I, however, have had some friendly encounters with numerous people. It also seems to help if you have a friend with you, of course. :)

I had one bad encounter but the rest have been friendly. Showed a duo how to build a fire and cook chicken and then i was on my way. Said good luck and they went their separate ways. Gotta know how to approach people i guess. 

I believe its experiences from other games. Personally i play hardcore(first person) and I really attack it like I were here. If i saw someone i wouldnt jist approach. I'd scope them out, maybe try talking, etc. I think many people play dayZ like other games and that's ultimately where the bandit mentality or KOS comes from.

Ever since arma 2 mod, about 75-80% of players are like this. And to each their own. They bought it, they can play how they see fit. But to me, it's more rewarding to play slow, risk my entire loadout for a traveling partner and maybe a potential friend in this world.

Until they fix the voice chat (you are supposed to hear and talk with In game chat while in xbox party chat) KoS will always be the 1st option. It is in the game they just need to fix it.