AyeMandaPanda

Group Spawning/ Meeting

Hello Everyone,

Time to get a feel about how open this forum is to suggestions.

I would greatly appreciate something to make locating my group take less time than literally 5 hours for new players who both do not know where they spawned, or have simply just spawned across the map. This game does not have a quick death option, so that is quite a pain to go through with when you just spawned in on a flat land with no city for miles. Me and my friends love the game but despise the spawning system due to the fact that we spend more time finding each other than we do surviving and fighting other zombies/people. I do not honestly care how people would be happy to fix it (picking spawns, placing down a bed in your camp after building is implemented, gps for cars after they are in, ect.) I would just seriously be happy to find everyone quickly, then get to enjoying the game faster instead of trying to quickly loot houses/fight other people while also attempting to look for signs to see if I'm making the appropriate cross country walk to get to the one teammate that spawned in the bottom left while we are all in the top right. 

Quick death options:

Lay down in water and drown, jump off something really high, craft a rock off the floor into a knife and use the suicide emote. There is quite a few ways to die. 

Meeting up:

As for locating your friends find a map (plently to choose from online) pick a place all head there. Who ever gets there first, they secure the area kill all the zombies and look out for other survivors wondering through (potential future threats/teammates) locate food and water for friends as they may need aid when they finally arrive. 

Edited by TangoEckhoXBL
Typing error
  • Beans 1

If you're not interested in tips or suggestions to finding each other then pretty much its just a wait until/if they implement an in-game group/party system, player map markers or private/custom servers.

Myself, I would prefer if the map was left more hardcore but a group/party system of some sort wouldn't go a miss in some ways. 

Map markers etc could be used but I would prefer that left to some sort of setting for custom servers or if they made a casual/hardcore type server seperation. 

Caters for both that way at least.

@Powell x91 To be honest I don't mind the hardcore part of the game. It doesn't have much else going for it at the moment other than fill meters, kill zombies, find weapons, kill players, repeat. If there was not a challenge some place in that it would get dull and I would find a different game to play. I do not personally feel the need for a grouping system if it is not in the main plans because I feel like everyone works out just fine the way it currently is. My only issue is simply the meeting up part. None of my group have rage quit the game for being killed since everything you lose can be gotten back with a little searching. However, they do rage quit when we are finally all together, inland, and then something happens to end up sending them back across the map to a random spawn zone after they are dead. We can find stuff easy enough, but playing Wheres Waldo every single time a death happens gets old. @TangoEckhoXBL cheers for telling me about drowning. Did not know that was a thing and will honestly use it now. If you spawn in the middle of a flat field with no ocean in sight though, none of those things will help (I still haven't even found a single rock yet at all). As far as the waiting part, your food and water drains to quick for that. Granted water can be found easily at ponds and wells, food is not the same. We have to constantly move or else we will starve. Besides, nobody in any game wants to sit in one place for an hour+ time staring at a wall just to wait on their friends to repeatedly die until the game random spawns them in the 1 zone they are waiting for.  

Edit: Just tried to drown and this is false. My character keeps standing back up every time the water covers their head. 

Edited by AyeMandaPanda

2 hours ago, AyeMandaPanda said:

@Powell x91 To be honest I don't mind the hardcore part of the game. It doesn't have much else going for it at the moment other than fill meters, kill zombies, find weapons, kill players, repeat. If there was not a challenge some place in that it would get dull and I would find a different game to play. I do not personally feel the need for a grouping system if it is not in the main plans because I feel like everyone works out just fine the way it currently is. My only issue is simply the meeting up part. None of my group have rage quit the game for being killed since everything you lose can be gotten back with a little searching. However, they do rage quit when we are finally all together, inland, and then something happens to end up sending them back across the map to a random spawn zone after they are dead. We can find stuff easy enough, but playing Wheres Waldo every single time a death happens gets old. @TangoEckhoXBL cheers for telling me about drowning. Did not know that was a thing and will honestly use it now. If you spawn in the middle of a flat field with no ocean in sight though, none of those things will help (I still haven't even found a single rock yet at all). As far as the waiting part, your food and water drains to quick for that. Granted water can be found easily at ponds and wells, food is not the same. We have to constantly move or else we will starve. Besides, nobody in any game wants to sit in one place for an hour+ time staring at a wall just to wait on their friends to repeatedly die until the game random spawns them in the 1 zone they are waiting for.  

Edit: Just tried to drown and this is false. My character keeps standing back up every time the water covers their head. 

I get what you mean. I'm hoping more content comes out sooner rather than later. As for spawing; Fortunately haven't died in a couple of days so its going well but well the inevitable happens (Hopefully not any time soon "touch wood") I feel I know the map and the major towns, plus some smaller ones to meet up or get where I need to be pretty quick. Most of the player spawns are east coast near the train tracks which kind of help with making meeta easier but it can be a pain in the ass I know. Not sure what else if anything which wouldnt change the system of the game too much without ruining the context of it. 

Hopefully they just re-work the joining system to a typical matchmaking where you can join with a party..etc.  

1 hour ago, Maytrix001 said:

Hopefully they just re-work the joining system to a typical matchmaking where you can join with a party..etc.  

I would be fine if the devs wanted to do this however I'm not very sure how they would implement it since at any given time some players may already be spawned into the map while new teammates join. In my opinion I feel simply selecting from a list of the predetermined spawn points would help enough to get everyone together pretty fast. Either that or the ability to place down a bed/ sleeping bag (but I feel that one may be against the hardcore feel of this game to a point).  

2 hours ago, AyeMandaPanda said:

I would be fine if the devs wanted to do this however I'm not very sure how they would implement it since at any given time some players may already be spawned into the map while new teammates join. In my opinion I feel simply selecting from a list of the predetermined spawn points would help enough to get everyone together pretty fast. Either that or the ability to place down a bed/ sleeping bag (but I feel that one may be against the hardcore feel of this game to a point).  

I love the idea of have a spawn point at your own camp when tents arrive. 

13 hours ago, TangoEckhoXBL said:

I love the idea of have a spawn point at your own camp when tents arrive. 

I agree, however I could see a lot of the community not liking that idea due to people possibly exploiting it by throwing down a tent quickly so their friends can spawn back beside them if they get shot in the middle of an active firefight. If there was a compromise to stop that situation from being abused then yea I'm ok with that :)  

• Like 1

I personally dont mind it. Makes me feel like a true zombie apocalypse. If my squadmate does, and we are all the way in electro or whatever, and she respawns up at the beached boat with cargo containers, we gotta figure the risk. That is honestly easy, but as long as 1 person has a map, locating each other isnt bas. Yes a party system/group would be nice, but I think it would take away from the game. 

I personally play lone wolf unless with 1 or 2 others, but we normally get full kit before we meet or if the DayZ gods grant us luck with the spawns. I like my groups to be friendly travelers. We go from town to town, maybe lagout then I search for the next one.

On 9/4/2018 at 1:23 PM, TangoEckhoXBL said:

Quick death options:

Lay down in water and drown, jump off something really high, craft a rock off the floor into a knife and use the suicide emote. There is quite a few ways to die. 

Meeting up:

As for locating your friends find a map (plently to choose from online) pick a place all head there. Who ever gets there first, they secure the area kill all the zombies and look out for other survivors wondering through (potential future threats/teammates) locate food and water for friends as they may need aid when they finally arrive. 

How on earth do you craft a knife? I've seen this on pc but I've tried looking for "rocks" and there never is any

9 hours ago, Deathbykarma said:

How on earth do you craft a knife? I've seen this on pc but I've tried looking for "rocks" and there never is any

I found my first rock yesterday lol Figures that by that point I had already found a knife though so oh well :P Not like I would have known what I was doing to craft it either way. 

@Bombarding It doesn't have to be a group spawning system for me to be happy. I probably wouldn't care to much for the grouping either way since we sometimes have a party of 7+ that we run with. Most likely the party system would make that 4 max with weird restrictions so you couldn't team up in the map or bring your friends around that are over that number. It just depends on the direction the devs are wanting to take the game at the end of the day. I feel like whatever direction they go, there should still be a compromise that is available.

Edited by AyeMandaPanda

45 minutes ago, AyeMandaPanda said:

I found my first rock yesterday lol Figures that by that point I had already found a knife though so oh well :P Not like I would have known what I was doing to craft it either way. 

@Bombarding It doesn't have to be a group spawning system for me to be happy. I probably wouldn't care to much for the grouping either way since we sometimes have a party of 7+ that we run with. Most likely the party system would make that 4 max with weird restrictions so you couldn't team up in the map or bring your friends around that are over that number. It just depends on the direction the devs are wanting to take the game at the end of the day. I feel like whatever direction they go, there should still be a compromise that is available.

Anyway you could be a bit more specific on where to find a rock? Lmao can't believe I'm asking this but I watched a video that they are on the beige brown looking ground but I've never found a rock. The xbox players need info like this as the videos from pc seem like different versions and is giving more confusion then anything else.

Every spawns somewhat near the coast. Personally I will find some food/water, typically some apples or something, a water spigot is good too. Then find a little loot for your travels. Then head out or to a town on the coast, have your friend head with ocean to your left and you with the ocean on your right. Normally you will find each other fairly quick... look for the town signs and find a map online. My friends and I can normally find each other pretty quick.

On 9/7/2018 at 1:39 PM, Deathbykarma said:

Anyway you could be a bit more specific on where to find a rock? Lmao can't believe I'm asking this but I watched a video that they are on the beige brown looking ground but I've never found a rock. The xbox players need info like this as the videos from pc seem like different versions and is giving more confusion then anything else.

Just randomly on a dirt path I was taking to get out of the spawn zones and back to a military base where my stuff was. It was one of the little dirt roads that show up on the izurvive map. Even knowing what I'm looking for though, I still have yet to find another. Pretty sure they are an uncommon spawn at the least.