DynaHD103

No real emphasis on group/clan play

I’ve noticed there is no real big emphasis on playing in groups. To me this would make the game that much more enjoyable and give you a sense of security otherwise not afforded by wandering alone. I feel survival groups are a major aspect of end of the world/zombie apocalypses that is simply not there.

I know there are hurdles to this but simply picking a server and meeting spot would rememdy most group obstacles. Am I missing something here?

20 minutes ago, DynaHD103 said:

I’ve noticed there is no real big emphasis on playing in groups. To me this would make the game that much more enjoyable and give you a sense of security otherwise not afforded by wandering alone. I feel survival groups are a major aspect of end of the world/zombie apocalypses that is simply not there.

I know there are hurdles to this but simply picking a server and meeting spot would rememdy most group obstacles. Am I missing something here?

https://forums.dayz.com/forum/127-recruitment/

Up to now this (link) has been the recruitment thread for PC (... obviously) so right now it's under the "PC section" ..  don't see why it should stay that way?   or maybe BI should start another Recruitment thread for Xbox? - I don't know which way they want to handle it  - Recruitment is a pretty ACTIVE topic.  

Yeah didn’t see anything under the Xbox section. I’d say now that the game is on Xbox that would be appropriate.

• Beans 1

ill talk to the devs and see if we can address this.

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

1 hour ago, OrLoK said:

ill talk to the devs and see if we can address this.

I made a post asking about more detailed forum sections for xbox and the next time I logged in; it was here.

I did mention an LFG sub forum but that wasn't added.

Maybe you could ask and get that done and I'm sure thousands of people would appreciate it.

3 hours ago, DynaHD103 said:

I think once more items come into play and people settle into the game focus on PVP type engagements will grow...Thus making players look for groups to stay safe. 

Hopefully they add the LFG section in the forums here as it would be easier to establish groups and clans could post detailed threads about themselves and what they require of a player. 

I will say, Try the xbox LFG system and you will find a group to play with no problem.

FYI, guys n gals, the Xbox LFG/Recruitment sub forum (fora?) will be implemented sometime tomorrow, my secret sources tell me.

• Like 1

I do agree, but right now with how low the resources spawn is grouping sounds like it would be worse. 1 bottle of water and 1 can of tuna to share around from each farm/village :(

7 hours ago, DynaHD103 said:

I agree totally, there is a PUBG element about this game which I think is killing the game off, I would suggest Freindly servers where you can meet other players without being shot, I.e turn on friendly fire, no PVP where you can join new players, help players and just enjoy the role playing and survival experience of a zombie appocolypse with friends.

I think the issue is that there isn't a huge need to team up right now.  Seems there just needs to be some development to increase the need to team up.  Maybe as the game gets further along, that stuff will be added.

I think some ways they could do it would be to have areas that have more zombies then a single person can handle themselves.  And the loot could be worth it.  Having played a decent amount now, I think there's a lot of great potential.  Being able to secure an area, have a safehouse where you can store added gear..etc.  Lots of ways to make coop more useful.

In fact, as a test, they could simply create some servers that are PVP and some that are non-pvp for coop only.  I think it would be really interesting to see how many played each time. 

I do think there needs to be better ways to find players to team up with as well - maybe if they fix the way you join and do it more like typical xbox matchmaking they could have players join together who want to play coop..  I think they'd have to prevent friendly fire though since some people would abuse it and use it just to prey on others..

Once tents come into it they’ll be your safe house and storage (not so safe, but can be well hidden) and being able to put them deep in the woods where only you and your mates know how to get there is pretty cool, throw in some trip wires and grenades. PC has had some community camps where there are a dozen or so big tents set up with plenty of food, ammo and clothing for all. In the end it’s about trust. 

10 hours ago, aj1pco said:

I agree totally, there is a PUBG element about this game which I think is killing the game off, I would suggest Freindly servers where you can meet other players without being shot, I.e turn on friendly fire, no PVP where you can join new players, help players and just enjoy the role playing and survival experience of a zombie appocolypse with friends.

I agree with the PUBG comment here there appears to be a Battle Royale trend in gaming in general and it has found its way into DayZ which I don't like.  I dont agree with turning off friendly fire however as I think this takes it to far the other way.  There needs to be some element of danger when encountering other people, as would be the case in real life, but shoot on site should be the exception not the rule as it appears to be at the moment.  This may be to do with the scarcity of loot at the moment.  The lack of usefull loot is pretty debilitating at the moment.  I have been through hundreds of buildings by now and found very little in the way of food/water.  

I hope as the game develops and the devs fix various bugs the PUBG element fill fade and the true survival nature will come to life.  I mentioned in an other post/thread that a GTA 5 style matchmaking mechanic where players play style is monitored and those who are more aggressive get placed in servers together and the more passive(friendly) players get put together.  that way there is still a risk of confrontation, but its a risk not a certainty.