Gortmore_Xbox

Navigating map

I have downloaded the iZurvive app with the map for Day Z. When I try to follow from one location in game to another, via the map, I end up somewhere else. For example i was in the upper most N/W ( I know this as no more trees spawned. I had a compass and went S/E to where an airfield should have been, but it wasn't there. I ended up at a dam. Found a small village that said Pavlovo was 3.5 K to my south, so on the map the airfield was direct east. But no, it was the dam that does not exist again. 

Anyone else noticing stuff like this and finding it very hard to navigate to find any weapons 

16 minutes ago, Gortmore_Xbox said:

I have downloaded the iZurvive app with the map for Day Z. When I try to follow from one location in game to another, via the map, I end up somewhere else. For example i was in the upper most N/W ( I know this as no more trees spawned. I had a compass and went S/E to where an airfield should have been, but it wasn't there. I ended up at a dam. Found a small village that said Pavlovo was 3.5 K to my south, so on the map the airfield was direct east. But no, it was the dam that does not exist again. 

Anyone else noticing stuff like this and finding it very hard to navigate to find any weapons 

use roads they have signs and then check the map, that's how I found the airfield

Edited by nikoor

First, you have to find your position - then verify that it is where you think it is.  I've done this many times and sometimes it took a few tries to confirm where I was located.  Once I did, moving is pretty easy since you can follow roads to know where you are or if you cross open areas/woods go from one point to another.  

Finding stuff is hit or miss.  I've often started in an area where it seems every building has been opened and looted.  I simply try to find a new area in those cases.

Try selecting the Chernarus+ satellite map option from the menu (if you haven’t already got that selected) that’s been spot on for me. That said it’s pretty easy to get turned around 

Cheers guys. I'll give all that a try. Ended up beside the devil's castle some how and ran into the first wolves I'd seen in 20 hours. Gun had glitched and unloaded so of course I died. Hopefully next spawn will be better

• Like 1

I think the key is to really stick to roads.  I tried to traverse through woods/fields and some how got my direction all screwed up.  Ended up back at a road and realized where I was, but it wasn't where I thought I was at all.  Rather then having to use the compass manually, I think if you have a compass that it should be something that is just always equipped and shows on your hud.  That would make it much easier.  I found my first compass today, but just dumped it..  I have too much stuff and it isn't useful enough to keep.

New spawn and dropped my compass somewhere along the way :( Fresh load in and spawned me in a completely random place without compass now. So lost again :)

4 minutes ago, Gortmore_Xbox said:

New spawn and dropped my compass somewhere along the way :( Fresh load in and spawned me in a completely random place without compass now. So lost again :)