exacomvm

Some Suggestions ( After SCUM )

Hello everyone, seems like DayZ has been copied over and over again, i think it's time for DayZ to copy some aspects from it's copies.
raw

Additional Loot Search System:
People should be able to search containers, boxes, etc for some randomly generated loot ( each player would have different loot with same chances, but once one object is looted they wont find anything in the same object till server restart )
So for example you're playing with a friend and go into some house and try to loot fridge, you find can of beans and nothing more - you're done. But your friend has a chance to find something even there's nothing anymore for you.
Basically this would even chances for everyone finding stuff, so even in the coast you still would find food/tools etc. In Short - Invidivdual loot for each player. 
It's not super realistic, but lets call it soft skill for finding stuff.

Bodily functions:
hqdefault.jpg

Not much to say about it, it can be necessary connected to health system or it could be just part of the "emotes" so it doesn't affect gameplay but could be used in Roleplay. 

More Food in the Open:
Currently i believe there's only apples, some berries, mushrooms ( bad and good ) could be added, since the majority of the map is forests.

Edited by exacomvm

43 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

- no

Well and then you get surprised why so many people hates DayZ and servers are empty. 
Ask non-veteran dayz player why DayZ is bad and i guarantee the first answer gonna be "No Loot".  For me personally loot isn't an issue.

I think dayz development is going the right way based on my tastes etc, but the playerbase should increase too ( and for it to increase DayZ should have alot of stuff to do etc, SCUM already have beaten the playerbase record of DayZ SA even its way worse game ), whats the point if the game will be perfect for us, but it will have total online count of like 1000-2000 players just because everyone plays some arcady version of dayz and basically we will be running around in a map with 10 ppl online which probs we dont even meet on the server for like 5 hours?

Edited by exacomvm

12 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

- no

- god no

- we have mushrooms, good and bad

I say:

• Maybe, in some cases. I get annoyed when I can't open fridges, cupboards, dumpsters and stuff like that, and those large rubbage piles lying around everywhere look like there should be stuff to find in them. In general I very much prefer where, as in DayZ, you can see the loot before you. I am not at all a fan of search timers, but e.g. the new mechanic to find small stones (to make the improvised stone knife) does not work very well. For an item that is essential to early survival those stones are way to hard to find. On the other hand having enough stones spawning all over the map to make them useful would probably do terrible things with server performance, so it would be best to make it possible to search for them again.
  • Heeeeeell no.
  • There's pears too in the stresser I believe, and soon enough we'll be able to grow stuff again. There's not that many edible things growing in the open in the climate zone Chernarus is set anyway. It's too cold for olives, oranges and whatnot so apples, pears, berries and mushrooms is just about all you can expect to find, although I think the garden plots found next to some buildings should have a chance to spawn random vegetables. Logically people were growing stuff there when the apocalypse struck so you should be able to find the odd potato or pumpkin growing on its own...
  • Beans 1

Scum is a new title that now appears in EA. DayZ was that too, but it was a long time ago.

For some time now it has become very quiet here in the field of ideas and suggestions, and I believe with good reason: There has been a lot of ideas and suggestions over the years. Now it's time for the devs to do their thing, because their list of work is done and needs to be put into reality.

For everything that will not be there on DayZ 1.0, there will be a portal called "Modding". Now at this stage of development to implement new things that are not on the "to-do list" will cost a lot of time and chaos.

• Beans 1

Seems like modding is the only hope..
Give players awesome engine / sandbox -> Let them create their own "games".

I also would love to see modded servers where is like 1000 players per server in a mod such as "Chernarus Life" just with way more polished features and economy e.g. you could be a farmer and sell food, illegal racing/drag, etc.. options to buy/rent houses/land etc, cop jobs and so on..  
Remember the Identity game that was promising alot but turned out crap? That's what DayZ with mods can become. Not sure if many people interested in grinding RP but it could be huge. 

Altis Life RP seems still to be a thing, new players still comes, but it has not much to do, feels pretty much empty and clunky/laggy due to the A3 core. 

Edited by exacomvm

Not a fan of the loot system in dayz or scum (i'm just that horrible) but in a review, i said Scums system is a step backward. Common containers in location you just lick and wait, and see what you get, or as i call it 'scratch cards' as least with dayz you had to look around and not just for some container. (also i think this is a client side function, that why its random for each player, off loaded to the client, that will get hacked)

Having to look around will improve when they start refining item spawns again (under the bed, behind the tv... maybe this? ) but i did want to see containers as well (think they had them, so a case of putting them back in the game,cupboards?). I wanted to see containers that need a method to get into, a key, a crow bar... so that the first fresh spawn could not just turn up an loot all the gear, maybe have the good guns or mill spec gear in locked cabinets. This would also increase the longevity of loot locations (By how much, dont know, need to be tested), and it may reduce the towns of empty houses, if you have a tool that is needed to access the more difficult items.

examples;

-a draw,strongbox, can open with a lock pick or a crowbar

-weapons cabinet, maybe  a lock pic and crowbar, but really wears it out. Not gonna be opening more than 2 with on bar. could depend on the type and what could be inside.

( Example 1 - A knife, screw driver)

( Example 2 - hammer, pick lock,crowbar - lot item damage)  

( Example 3 - Explosive? combination lock? full health of a sledge hammer cus its a game :P)  

( Example 4 - Errm, maybe not this)

So really do urge Dayz devs to put something like this in for the core game, so the system is there for modders, but i have no idea if they have it planned, or even considered it. Lets face it, they are using a system that was in the MOD, it had limitations due to it being a mod... why are we still using the same presentation in the standalone?

oh added: no poop please... may just be me, but i don't wanna have to poop and pee in a game, all seems a bit fetishist. Its a gimmick, the lads giggle about it on live stream, i don't get it.

I have posted about having more in-depth mechanics for nutrition, after all we have/had vitamin bottles laying around, and maybe we will, when diseases come in.

also: I don't think I've been using the mushroom right (Video)

Edited by soods

4 hours ago, soods said:

also: I don't think I've been using the mushroom right (Video)

At least you can pvp without warping ala Scum

3 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

At least you can pvp without warping ala Scum

I just don't want dayz to become 'Scum', maybe scum will become a good game after the issues are worked out (I think it will die of hackers, as they haven't though the project through)... but i see them as 2 different games. apart from, you loot items in both, and Scum jammed some zombies in there :P

50 minutes ago, soods said:

I just don't want dayz to become 'Scum', maybe scum will become a good game after the issues are worked out (I think it will die of hackers, as they haven't though the project through)... but i see them as 2 different games. apart from, you loot items in both, and Scum jammed some zombies in there :P

Lol, DayZ won't become Scum.  If anything, Scum is trying very hard to replicate DayZ

• Thanks 1

The one thing I really want from SCUM is the process of butchering the animal. Skinning it first, then process it into smaller and smaller cuts of meat. That's really cool. I like the idea of tracking but I don't want any neon lines or paw icons popping up on my screen. I want to find physical tracks/blood in the actual world, not icons or HUD elements.