Sign in to follow this  
Maccamc666

Get off your fat 45535 and fix the servers.

Can I have my 30 quid back please. What's the point in buying a game I can't play as your servers are a pile of excrement. Also fire whom ever programmed the inventory as it is so broken that it's worst than sh&t. For a game that's been five years in development what did you do, spend all day in the pub. The only thing you seem to have developed is a larger bank account from selling sub standard software. I'm surprised that Microsoft allowed you to publish your game whilst it's in such a poor state. FIX IT and fix it soon or DAYZ will fail big time on the Xbox.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Maccamc666 said:

I'm surprised that Microsoft allowed you to publish your game whilst it's in such a poor state.

What is Xbox Game Preview?

Xbox Game Preview is a way for our fans to preview and purchase work-in-progress digital titles, participate in the development process and help developers make Xbox One games the best they can be.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-game-preview-faq

53 minutes ago, Maccamc666 said:

FIX IT

That is the plan.

Edited by ImageCtrl
  • Like 5

Hopefully, you can do something quickly to at least stabilize the game and servers so we can stay connected to a server for more than 5-10 minutes at a time before being abruptly kicked off. Also, the rubber banding is terrible.

How a game gets released for $40 in this state is beyond me. What ever happened to releasing a game in this state FOR FREE so you can get these issues fixed, THEN start charging for the game once you know for sure it is in a worthy state to charge money for?

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ImageCtrl said:

1 hour ago, Maccamc666 said:

I'm surprised that Microsoft allowed you to publish your game whilst it's in such a poor state.

What is Xbox Game Preview?

Xbox Game Preview is a way for our fans to preview and purchase work-in-progress digital titles, participate in the development process and help developers make Xbox One games the best they can be.

Yes game preview is there to iron out the bugs in the game  . How can you report the bugs when you can't even access the game because the servers are always going down. Any company would have stress tested the servers before publishing the game. It's amazing that the servers in vigor are stable yet a game that's been in development for 5 years are not.

• Like 1

Just now, Maccamc666 said:

Yes game preview is there to iron out the bugs in the game  . How can you report the bugs when you can't even access the game because the servers are always going down. Any company would have stress tested the servers before publishing the game. It's amazing that the servers in vigor are stable yet a game that's been in development for 5 years are not.

Because of the difference in engine. 

3 hours ago, Maccamc666 said:

...what did you do, spend all day in the 

Edited by Tarkules
Hm

Why did you even buy a game thats in preview just a few days of its preview release if all you want to do is bitch and moan, if you want a game in a perfect stable state buy one at full release, the forums are truly better off without people like you, do us all a favor and go play minecraft, come back when its at full release.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, verbz said:

if you want a game in a perfect stable state buy one at full release

have you seen pubg? lmao

• Like 1

I tend to agree with the OP.  There are a lot of little things that I think could have and should have been addressed prior to just porting over the the console - things that work on PC aren't so good for a console - such as the join a server screen - console players don't want to do that, they want to join and be added..etc.  It is also high priced for a game in this state.  I've played a couple games in preview and the others were much further along and didn't have such basic issues (unable to join a server, server kicking you..etc).  Hopefully they address it quickly.  I think a longer beta, perhaps open beta (I believe it was closed?) would have made a lot more sense to work out some issues.  

17 hours ago, Maccamc666 said:

Can I have my 30 quid back please. What's the point in buying a game I can't play as your servers are a pile of excrement. Also fire whom ever programmed the inventory as it is so broken that it's worst than sh&t. For a game that's been five years in development what did you do, spend all day in the pub. The only thing you seem to have developed is a larger bank account from selling sub standard software. I'm surprised that Microsoft allowed you to publish your game whilst it's in such a poor state. FIX IT and fix it soon or DAYZ will fail big time on the Xbox.

Before purchasing you had a couple of options.You could have read or watched one of the thousand or more reviews of the closed beta, which if you did you would of know of the issues, or 2 you could have played free for an hour and experienced the game before purchasing. If you chose to do neither, you my friend are an idiot and deserve losing you 30 quid

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maytrix001 said:

I tend to agree with the OP.  There are a lot of little things that I think could have and should have been addressed prior to just porting over the the console - things that work on PC aren't so good for a console - such as the join a server screen - console players don't want to do that, they want to join and be added..etc.  It is also high priced for a game in this state.  I've played a couple games in preview and the others were much further along and didn't have such basic issues (unable to join a server, server kicking you..etc).  Hopefully they address it quickly.  I think a longer beta, perhaps open beta (I believe it was closed?) would have made a lot more sense to work out some issues.  

Your post is far from the truth and hoe can you just outright try and say your speak for ALL console players on whatwe don't want?

Many games have a server browser..Battlefield etc etc 

Server browser's are for the player to find a server suited to what he/she wants to play in. Obviously there aren't any filters here yet but they have added a 'SORT' feature so you can see progression already....why not just ask for a ' Quick Match' option rather than say ALL console players don'twant a swrver browser. 

6 hours ago, Maytrix001 said:

It is also high priced for a game in this state.  I've played a couple games in preview and the others were much further along and didn't have such basic issues (unable to join a server, server kicking you..etc).  Hopefully they address it quickly.  I think a longer beta, perhaps open beta (I believe it was closed?) would have made a lot more sense to work out some issues.  

Also, Did you see ARK or PUBG upon GP release? Conan too etc...Bare with them, At least give them a chance lol

"FIX THE F&%*ING GAME!!!!!!!!"

Haha, never gets old. Cheers OP

8 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

Your post is far from the truth and hoe can you just outright try and say your speak for ALL console players on whatwe don't want?

Many games have a server browser..Battlefield etc etc 

Server browser's are for the player to find a server suited to what he/she wants to play in. Obviously there aren't any filters here yet but they have added a 'SORT' feature so you can see progression already....why not just ask for a ' Quick Match' option rather than say ALL console players don'twant a swrver browser. 

I didn't say ALL console players - could I have been more specific?  Sure, I just didn't expect someone to get all upset over it.  I think the majority probably would like to simply join a game.  That was the biggest issue I found when I first tried to play - the you are in the queue and being 40+ or so in the queue.  Other games that have a browser though have very different server options.  At this time, there's really no need for it.  Only reason is if you need to get back to a server you had stuff saved on or meet up with friends.  But that could be accomplished how it is in many other games by joining a party and having your stuff move between servers..etc.

There's plenty of other issues though such as font size and inventory that just aren't done very well for ease of play on a console.

27 minutes ago, Maytrix001 said:

I didn't say ALL console players - could I have been more specific?  Sure, I just didn't expect someone to get all upset over it.  I think the majority probably would like to simply join a game.  That was the biggest issue I found when I first tried to play - the you are in the queue and being 40+ or so in the queue.  Other games that have a browser though have very different server options.  At this time, there's really no need for it.  Only reason is if you need to get back to a server you had stuff saved on or meet up with friends.  But that could be accomplished how it is in many other games by joining a party and having your stuff move between servers..etc.

There's plenty of other issues though such as font size and inventory that just aren't done very well for ease of play on a console.

I qouted the dude who replied on your thread, not you. 

The reply was aimed at his suggestion and he said 'console players don't want a server browser' but of course things need tweaking and improving;that's why we all join the GPs to get involved early snd see whats in store.

As for getting upset, I read your post. Would you like me to explain hypocrisy?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baker. said:

"FIX THE F&%*ING GAME!!!!!!!!"

Haha, never gets old. Cheers OP

Well, I'd say differently but after 5 years on the forums you clearly think otherwise....

Must be enjoying things enough to stick around that long though? 

17 hours ago, Makeshift001 said:

Before purchasing you had a couple of options.You could have read or watched one of the thousand or more reviews of the closed beta, which if you did you would of know of the issues, or 2 you could have played free for an hour and experienced the game before purchasing. If you chose to do neither, you my friend are an idiot and deserve losing you 30 quid

Yes I did both of these. The point of the closed beta was to iron out these issues, seems the devs decided to spend their time in the pub rather trying to fix any of the server issues. I understand that there should be minor bug problems there always are. My problem is , if Bohemia had asked 10 quid for the game with all its problems then fine. but when they ask 30 quid for a game then I expect a better quality product, that works at least 80% of the time. At the moment I would say it works about 10% of the time. most of the games on the preview cost around £ 14.99 and worked better than Dayz does.

On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 7:29 AM, verbz said:

Why did you even buy a game thats in preview just a few days of its preview release if all you want to do is bitch and moan, if you want a game in a perfect stable state buy one at full release, the forums are truly better off without people like you, do us all a favor and go play minecraft, come back when its at full release.

Because unlike you obvious fanboy, im not a sheeple who wont complain when something is broken beyond belief. I might well go and play Minecraft as their servers work and at least i'd be able to play a game. Also you don't seem to understand what a forum is for, if you want to be a blind follower why don't you become a scientologist.

4 hours ago, Maccamc666 said:

Yes I did both of these. The point of the closed beta was to iron out these issues, seems the devs decided to spend their time in the pub rather trying to fix any of the server issues. I understand that there should be minor bug problems there always are. My problem is , if Bohemia had asked 10 quid for the game with all its problems then fine. but when they ask 30 quid for a game then I expect a better quality product, that works at least 80% of the time. At the moment I would say it works about 10% of the time. most of the games on the preview cost around £ 14.99 and worked better than Dayz does.

You did both but yet you immediately bought the game instead of waiting a week or 2 for better reviews. The closed beta was 3 days, you really think that's enough time to address server issues. Pubg is 9 months in and their servers are still hot garbage both on xbox and PC and charged $30 for it.If you care to gander at the feedback page they are knocking out bugs and glitches every couple hours vs. pubg takes weeks if  not months to fix simple sound and game bugs, 4 months of complaining and they still have yet to fix vehicles running or the ump/lightweight bug. I for one am happy with the progress bohemia is making, i reported a bug and it was fixed 24 hours later. If 10-20 squid is a big deal for you maybe you should find a less expensive hobby.

12 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

Well, I'd say differently but after 5 years on the forums you clearly think otherwise....

Must be enjoying things enough to stick around that long though? 

The Arma 2 DayZ mod was incredible, I sacrificed my life my marrige and 5000 hours plus. I built a community of servers and had the number one server in the world at one point. I met people I still talk to daily and consider friends. Dayz Standalone has never lived up to this potential but it could, so i keep coming back waiting for the game they promised me. What you people are playing is 1/10th the potential these mechanics have. 

Edit:

You havent lived until you and four other people spend a week getting a helicopter running...

Edited by Baker.
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Baker. said:

The Arma 2 DayZ mod was incredible, I sacrificed my life my marrige and 5000 hours plus. I built a community of servers and had the number one server in the world at one point. I met people I still talk to daily and consider friends. Dayz Standalone has never lived up to this potential but it could, so i keep coming back waiting for the game they promised me. What you people are playing is 1/10th the potential these mechanics have. 

Edit:

You havent lived until you and four other people spend a week getting a helicopter running...

I know its barely a shadow of the game's potential on xbox right now, but thats just it; Its a game. Might have a few priority issues there.