darkwarriors74

will there be a map?

Hello dear dev, would there be a map in the options with our position that will be added on the console games? because yesterday I confess it my good to die respawn in the forest without lair or even know what found in one direction or the other, except starving thirst especially arrived at the end of the map twice without finding anything. then when playing with friends on the same hyper-hard server found them too. so that will help a map that indicates our position

34 minutes ago, verbz said:

https://dayz.xam.nu/

Just look for signposts and check where you are, even better once you get a compass, there are maps you can find but i havent found one yet.

time to find the name of the city on the internet or gsm your time to die if you have nothing to eat and drink. I spend 5 minutes to find on the internet, with a card in the options that automatically indicates your position we will gain more time.

7 minutes ago, darkwarriors74 said:

time to find the name of the city on the internet or gsm your time to die if you have nothing to eat and drink. I spend 5 minutes to find on the internet, with a card in the options that automatically indicates your position we will gain more time.

No need to spend time checking, just remember the name of the town you enter, get the goodies and then check, once you are established, kitted out and got some sort of weapon then sit in a building while you check the map, i use my tablet but tempted to bring the laptop down for it... know your routes and you will be good.

1 hour ago, verbz said:

No need to spend time checking, just remember the name of the town you enter, get the goodies and then check, once you are established, kitted out and got some sort of weapon then sit in a building while you check the map, i use my tablet but tempted to bring the laptop down for it... know your routes and you will be good.

as said 5 times dead respawn in the forest without a den, it made me shit. Even on the maps on the internet these so little written names that not easy to find the right direction to take. the sixth time I found myself in berezino I said ok ok look on the net the city where I want to go I have to go to the left and continue the way, but no I ended up in another city higher up. so for me it will have added a map with our position in the options for the accustomed for them no need to look so we also have the choice

Leave and enter towns on the roads. The roads have road signs that will help you orientate yourself, then just travel between towns using the roads. The roads are pretty safe to use at the moment.

14 minutes ago, darkwarriors74 said:

as said 5 times dead respawn in the forest without a den, it made me shit. Even on the maps on the internet these so little written names that not easy to find the right direction to take. the sixth time I found myself in berezino I said ok ok look on the net the city where I want to go I have to go to the left and continue the way, but no I ended up in another city higher up. so for me it will have added a map with our position in the options for the accustomed for them no need to look so we also have the choice

The thing is its a post apocalyptic survival, we wouldnt have a map with our location on, the games design is to test our skills as a survivalist, were just lucky to have a website with a map to help us. 

If yòu are lucky you will find a compass, otherwise its on you to figure out which direction to go by using things to help in that process, which side the sea is on, if there is a railway station, check the map by clicking the blips to see which side of the tracks the rail house is so you know which way to go, also to see what certain houses or buildings look like, check signposts, look for forks in the road, many other ways which the more you play the more you will figure it out.

I hope we get an in-game map.

What's the point in looking at a map on your phone while playing?

Yes there's currently a WIP map in the game atm. It is just not spawning and is probably not fully ready.

But it's cool it has an animation for opening the map infront. Though it opens up into a UI rather than being on the texture.

10 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

Yes there's currently a WIP map in the game atm. It is just not spawning and is probably not fully ready.

But it's cool it has an animation for opening the map infront. Though it opens up into a UI rather than being on the texture.

Are you a developer?

5 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Are you a developer?

No but you can spawn the map in using the community offline mod and try it out for yourself.

5 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

No but you can spawn the map in using the community offline mod and try it out for yourself.

This is the xbox forum...some of you might be lost.

1 minute ago, bent.toe said:

This is the xbox forum...some of you might be lost.

My bad. But my point still stands. It's in the PC version but its still WIP. So yes there will be a map :)

12 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

My bad. But my point still stands. It's in the PC version but its still WIP. So yes there will be a map :)

Isn't the PC version the same as the Xbox version?

1 hour ago, DannyDog said:

This could be useful if you could open the map in a GUI and use a marker/pen/whatever to mark your paths and mark points of interest.

But for the existing maps - I would expect atleast a mark on the map that says You Are Here. Could save you 5 precious minutes of being exposed.

7 hours ago, CarlTheGooner said:

A map would spoil the immersion.

Totally agree with you.... if we dropped someone from civi street in the middle of a forrest with a map and asked them to find their way they would get so stressed trying to figure it out and even if they found a town and spotted it on the map, trying to figure out where they are going after making a b line through some woods because they were chased by zombies or someone with a gun they would soon lose track of where they are again.. 

they wont give us maps with markers to my knowledge.

but there are maps around the map at the entrance to hike trails, i would like to see a marker on these maps saying you are here like they would on a real hike trail.

E4R0xuTl.pngthis is the map but its on a wooden post and frame.

9 hours ago, CarlTheGooner said:

A map would spoil the immersion.

Really? Then i hope you don't use any app maps or printed maps or your a hypocrite.

How would that make me a hypocrite? That's the immersion I'm talking about, having to stop and look down and pull a map out. And then try read Russian and look at your map and figure out where you are. Maybe a map would be ok as long as it didn't have a big YOU ARE HERE arrow.

Edited by CarlTheGooner
Spelling

There will never be a permanent on-screen map that will tell you where you are, however there will be maps (once they're re-added) that can be found as loot as well as maps at the beginning of the nature trails.

I understand that some players are proud of themselves for being able to memorize many parts of Cherno, but maps are required for smart, long term survival, for trade and for social meeting points.

Using a navigation tool such as maps and markers is a basic survival skill.

Imagine that you could get a map (or create/copy a partial map), mark a path on it and share it with friends. I haven't played on PC for years so I never used tents and camps, but the way I see it: maps + camps is only logical.

On 9/3/2018 at 8:36 AM, verbz said:

The thing is its a post apocalyptic survival, we wouldnt have a map with our location on, the games design is to test our skills as a survivalist, were just lucky to have a website with a map to help us. 

If yòu are lucky you will find a compass, otherwise its on you to figure out which direction to go by using things to help in that process, which side the sea is on, if there is a railway station, check the map by clicking the blips to see which side of the tracks the rail house is so you know which way to go, also to see what certain houses or buildings look like, check signposts, look for forks in the road, many other ways which the more you play the more you will figure it out.

Except, in a post apocalyptic survival you wouldn't be dropped into a foreign land.  You'd be in a place you already knew.

For a console, an in game map is really needed.  I don't want to sit with my computer or tablet while playing on my xbox.  On the PC, it is different.  I've got 2 monitors, I can have the game on one, map on the other.  I think one issue with this game is that it was created for PC and just ported to console and it seems not a lot of changes made to make it more console friendly.  Hopefully this changes as I think it could be a great game, but needs some improvements to make it better on the console.  

I don't think it needs to be a map however that tells you where you are though - that would be for you to figure out still like you do now.   But an in game map to view vs needing a tablet..etc would be an improvement.

the loot map (when it arrives) and compass is the way to go if you’re familiar with the game. If you’re just starting out the iZurvive map is good to use on a phone or tablet, but an in game mini map on your hud just because would not be great for the game unless they somehow made it so you could craft one and and incorporate it into your inventory screen using the loot map, compass, pen and maybe a ruler/protractor or something. 

• Like 1