Chris Nixon

List of Bugs and my Feedback so far (after Update)

First of all, i have to say that it's great to have an game like DayZ on Xbox. Huge Thank you to you Devs for that decision. 

My first impression of the game is pretty good overall. I am impressed how good the game looks and how smooth it runs, thinking of how big the map is. (playing on Xbox One X) I had some great Encounters with other Players on my first 6 hours playthrough, running from Svetlojarsk in the North-East along the Coast all the way down to Kamenka in the South-West and then heading Northbound to Vybor. Really do love the atmosphere that you guys have created with this map! 

now some Things/Bugs that i've noticed:

- items disappearing when leaving a server (known issue)

- 7,62 bullets that can be found loose on ground or in a "white" box, can't be loaded into a magazine (icon of the item is not shown in the inventory)

- Zombies or other Players not killable for what ever reason (maybe that's the issue wich is described in the ''Known Issues'' Thread as: ''Gun loads a single bullet, magazines stuck inside weapon. Shots may not register    after this''?) /shots do not register even after joining a new server,  restarting the game, or hard-reseting the console! (not fixed)

- sometimes not able to reload/empty a Magazine (bullets won't go into the Magazine even the animation is showed - same with unloading)

- when opening a Food can, it can happen that it won't be registerd. Food Can is open but not consumable any more. same with Drinks.

- Containers/Bags can't be filled to max (also already mentioned in the ''Know Issues Thread'' i think) please fix this as soon as possible! (FIXED)

- Food/Water Needs are a bit too high / Starving and Dehydration comes to fast in my opinion. 

- some loot is glitched into the ground or objects that they spawn onto, so that you can't pick them up. same thing happens with weapons or other inventory items when dropping them on the ground when standing next   to a door/wall

- some items seem to disapear from the inventory after leaving a Server and rejoining a new Server. only weapons are disapearing  (not fixed)

-AK and M4 Magazines duplicate when reloading the weapon after joining a new game (not usable after this, not able to drop them) (not fixed)

- the HUD/UI Elements should be adjustable, especially the description of the items in the inventory should be much more bigger!!

- sometimes not able to pick up items from the vicinity tab. (for example food in clothing)  need take the item into your hands to drop them into the inventory

- ''B''-Button does not show up when trying to combine items with each other  (for example ''long wood stick and apple'' or ''ammunition and magazines'')

that's all i've found so far. when i do find some more Bugs i'll keep this Thread updated. 

really looking Forward for all that cool stuff that might come with future updates to the game. Keep up the good work guys!

Edited by Chris Nixon
added some more bugs
  • Like 1

The magazine issue is so frustrating. I found an MP5 and put an ACOG scope on it and was pumped until I noticed that the magazine showed up in the inventory but not in the game. I have to load each bullet individually and cannot place any of the 4 magazines ive found (weapon, ammo and magazines all in pristine condition except MP5, which is worn).

Shots not registering is the most frustrating to me, I emptied a mag into someone from a few feet away and they beat me to death with their fists. 

And I completely agree with the thirst and hunger demand being ridiculous. I remember reading that the developers wanted to make the game as realistic as possible, but I don't know of anyone who cant walk 2 blocks without dying of thirst/hunger. It makes it a challenge, but its a sure fire way to make sure no-one wants to play if they cant even get to a house to loot without dying from thirst. I had to die three times before I was lucky enough to find water. 

PLEASE RE-DO THE INVENTORY! The inventory is a nightmare to manage!

1 hour ago, Aaron Whites said:

The magazine issue is so frustrating. I found an MP5 and put an ACOG scope on it and was pumped until I noticed that the magazine showed up in the inventory but not in the game. I have to load each bullet individually and cannot place any of the 4 magazines ive found (weapon, ammo and magazines all in pristine condition except MP5, which is worn).

Shots not registering is the most frustrating to me, I emptied a mag into someone from a few feet away and they beat me to death with their fists. 

And I completely agree with the thirst and hunger demand being ridiculous. I remember reading that the developers wanted to make the game as realistic as possible, but I don't know of anyone who cant walk 2 blocks without dying of thirst/hunger. It makes it a challenge, but its a sure fire way to make sure no-one wants to play if they cant even get to a house to loot without dying from thirst. I had to die three times before I was lucky enough to find water. 

PLEASE RE-DO THE INVENTORY! The inventory is a nightmare to manage!

Agree. I think i had the same Problem with the M4. I had three 5,56mm magazines in my inventory. Two with a capacity of 30 rounds and one with 20. Two Magazines were filled up with 18 Bullets each and the third was empty.

Besides that i had a box of 5,56 rounds and some single bullets. So my plan was to unload the two Magazines so that i could fill up the 30r Mag to the max and the other two Mags would stay in my Inventory as an Backup in case i would have found some more Ammunition.

When I tried to remove the magazine from my gun and move it into my inventory to take it later back into my hands so I could fill it up, the game didn't want to let me do it. It showed me in bottom left Corner ''RT to fill up Magazine'' but nothing happend.

I dropped everything (Weapon and Mags) because i thought it would work when i pick it up again. But then I couldn't pick up the Stuff anymore.. And as if this wasn't frustrating enough the Message ''No Message received for ... Seconds'' appeared on my Screen and kicked me out of the Server, means i've lost everything. 

.. so yeah, the Inventory-System definetly needs some Improvement!

Edited by Chris Nixon
  • Like 1

For sure! I still am ecstatic that they brought the game to Xbox, aside from inventory bugs, some shots not registering, and server issues the game is beautiful. I've spent the afternoon walking through the woods are creeping around towns. I met up with a buddy in the airfield,  but when we were trying to leave someone killed him then I killed the attacker.

I hope in the future they make it so that you can join games alongside your friends and that they bring vehicles, helicopters and base building into the game as they have promised. I've met much more hostile players than friendly, but my friend did run into someone that walked into the room, gave them a gun, danced and then left haha.

Days is such an awesome game, if they would just finish the damn thing and work on the bugs I doubt I would play many other games. Vigor is ok, but not nearly as fun as Dayz.

• Like 1

Screen was black when I loaded in and then I exited and rejoined a server. Next thing I know I'm a fresh spawn in a different location. This is b.s. all the stuff I had and this happens..thx dayZ for release a game that can't work properly one time  since u released it