GulpinGulpin

Are there tents on Xbox/can you save anything that’s not obv your person?

Hey all. I’m sorry if this is a stupid question. 

I played DayZ on arma years ago and it was the most fun I’ve ever had playing a video game. I’m wondering though, since I already see that cars and helicopters aren’t in the game yet, are there tents? Or do I have to just keep whatever I want to save on my character when I log off

either way, I’m so pumped to play this. Can’t wait to get home and buy it

2 hours ago, GulpinGulpin said:

Hey all. I’m sorry if this is a stupid question. 

I played DayZ on arma years ago and it was the most fun I’ve ever had playing a video game. I’m wondering though, since I already see that cars and helicopters aren’t in the game yet, are there tents? Or do I have to just keep whatever I want to save on my character when I log off

either way, I’m so pumped to play this. Can’t wait to get home and buy it

Hey @GulpinGulpin 

Welcome back long lost survivor!

Unfortunately there is no persistence on the Xbox version yet meaning anything that is dropped or placed will de-spawn in time or after a server restart.

AJ

6 minutes ago, II AJEARLEY II said:

Hey @GulpinGulpin 

Unfortunately there is no persistence on the Xbox version yet meaning anything that is dropped or placed will de-spawn in time or after a server restart.

AJ

He's asking whether tents are in the game on the console build? He knows items de-spawn etc everyone knows that surely lol but as for tents being available as/for offline storage, we do not know... 

3 minutes ago, Powell x91 said:

He's asking whether tents are in the game on the console build? He knows items de-spawn etc everyone knows that surely lol but as for tents being available as/for offline storage, we do not know... 

If you notice the Topic title he asked if you can save stuff not on your person. Which would be persistence and you need persistence to get tents.. But okay nope there are no tents :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, II AJEARLEY II said:

If you notice the Topic title he asked if you can save stuff not on your person. Which would be persistence and you need persistence to get tents.. But okay nope there are no tents :)

Yes exactly. Tents are this game's item of persistence...you use tents to save items off character whilst offline. 

Just now, Powell x91 said:

Yes exactly. Tents are this game's item of persistence...you use tents to save items off character whilst offline. 

Urm? Tents are not the only for of persistence for DayZ? Persistence is when you can drop a item on the game and it stays there. If you have played PC you will know that you can drop an item on the floor and it will stay there even after the server restarts... <---- That is persistence 

3 minutes ago, II AJEARLEY II said:

Urm? Tents are not the only for of persistence for DayZ? Persistence is when you can drop a item on the game and it stays there. If you have played PC you will know that you can drop an item on the floor and it will stay there even after the server restarts... <---- That is persistence 

Hes asking about on xbox. What happens on PC can happen, Noone here is really affected. 

No-one is asking for your explanationof what persistence is mate, We're asking for knowledge of how persistence/tents are working on the xbox build....Nothing more, Nothing less.

• Confused 1

Just now, Powell x91 said:

We're asking for knowledge of how persistence/tents are working on the xbox build....Nothing more, Nothing less.

LMAO..

23 minutes ago, II AJEARLEY II said:

Hey @GulpinGulpin 

AJ

Soooo Thats the above then LoL.. Think you need to go back to sleep my man..

Just now, II AJEARLEY II said:

LMAO..

Soooo Thats the above then LoL.. Think you need to go back to sleep my man..

Well No, Not entirely. We're asking if tents were in the game etc as for your answer noone knows if thsts correct as you are putting oncorrect info all over the forums

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Powell x91 said:

Well No, Not entirely. We're asking if tents were in the game etc as for your answer noone knows if thsts correct as you are putting oncorrect info all over the forums

Make your bloody mind your your twisting your own messages now lol..

2 minutes ago, Powell x91 said:

No one knows if whats not correct.

There is no persistence.. That was my answer.. and there is no persistence in the xbox build? What are you confused about... 

6 minutes ago, II AJEARLEY II said:

No one knows if whats not correct.

There is no persistence.. That was my answer.. and there is no persistence in the xbox build? What are you confused about... 

8 minutes ago, II AJEARLEY II said:

Make your bloody mind your your twisting your own messages now lol..

The initial question was is there a tent/keep his gear offline by the OP; You said no there is no persistence without mention of the tent (this games item of persistence) and about dropped items de-spawning, Which we all know dont save etc. So from my POV all you said was that dropped items dont carry over or save...Not actually answered whether we can find, pick up and use tents as there is different levels to how the persistence would work.

I can literally feel the air from everything that is going over your head.

That being said I feel like they really need to hurry up and implement item persistence. As of now if you’re running around in full decked out gear with a plethora of guns and ammo there’s really no way for you to progress any farther. You can’t store anything so on the off chance you die you lose hours of work

• Like 1

Lmfao. Thanks for the answer fam. Idk what’s goin on here. Been playing on the Xbox for about two hours and am yet to find any food tho :/

21 minutes ago, zPaniK said:

That being said I feel like they really need to hurry up and implement item persistence. As of now if you’re running around in full decked out gear with a plethora of guns and ammo there’s really no way for you to progress any farther. You can’t store anything so on the off chance you die you lose hours of work

Everything will be lost when it leaves GP stage anyway so no matter mate 

When it turns to a legit game, with in game achievments etc then it will all need replaying! Fun times hahaha

6 hours ago, II AJEARLEY II said:

Hey @GulpinGulpin 

AJ

Thanks for the great reply btw. I’m loving the game rn with the understanding that it’s a work in progress haha

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, GulpinGulpin said:

Thanks for the great reply btw. I’m loving the game rn with the understanding that it’s a work in progress haha

Your welcome mate :)

AJ