SquanchyGamer

Questions about servers/loot

Last night half way through looting a town I realized that I put down my Mosen while fumbling around trying to organize my inventory to pick up food and never picked it back up. Before I could make the trek back I started to get severe rubber banding that makes it impossible to continue. The only way I’ve previously been able to fix this was quitting out.

Now on to my questions, I assume loot is different per server right, and if I join the same one I was playing last night will my rifle be where I left it?

I noticed while I was playing at one point it said servers reset in 90 minutes, does that mean loot or is it just something with game preview?

Maybe I’m just a dummy, but the whole multiple servers with character migrations got me wondering if things will be where I left/forgot them or not. Or maybe if I didn’t like the loot where I was if I could quit out and join another one with different spawns.

Items have a "lifespan" depending on their type, but the majority of "loose loot" such as food, tools, and guns stay on the ground for 30 minutes before they get cleaned up.

On PC, items do survive server restarts, so you don't lose stuff and no new set of loot will be spawned. I'm unsure of how the persistence is working on Xbox currently.