Sign in to follow this  
MarczXD320

When people talk their voices are coming from the TV. ?

Hey guys, i want to know if this is a game mechanic or might be related to some configuration of my TV or videogame.

When people talk using proximity chat their voices come from the TV, not from my phone, i want to know if this a intentional thing or not.

I'm not using a headset, it's one of those phones with microphones that comes with a cel, don't know if it is related.

People's voices comes from my phone fine in other games and in a party, only in DayZ it's not like that, firt time i see this happening

It might have to do with the way they have voice chat set up and how it interacts with your mic. I’m using a headset and I can still hear people in game while I’m in a party chat. Freaked me out the first time but I feel it’s working as intended 

43 minutes ago, Marco Aurelio123 said:

not from my phone

what "phone"? do you mean your speakers?

what setup (do you use an AV receiver? how's the wiring?) do you have (i simply assume you got a 7.1 surround setup)?

and how do you talk to them? on the radio, or directly (you wrote proximity chat, but i just want to make sure you are experiencing non-intentional behavior)?

if it's on the radio, check if it's really your TV speakers, or maybe your center speaker.

voices from nearby players should come from the directions they're at, so they definitely should not come from your TV speakers or the center channel. 

49 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

what "phone"? do you mean your speakers?

what setup (do you use an AV receiver? how's the wiring?) do you have (i simply assume you got a 7.1 surround setup)?

and how do you talk to them? on the radio, or directly (you wrote proximity chat, but i just want to make sure you are experiencing non-intentional behavior)?

if it's on the radio, check if it's really your TV speakers, or maybe your center speaker.

voices from nearby players should come from the directions they're at, so they definitely should not come from your TV speakers or the center channel. 

I talk with then directly, they do the same, indeed my speakers, yes, the voices from the players are coming from the direction they are, the difference is, they are coming through the TV, not in the speakers of both sides.

Sorry for the lack of better expanation, this never happened before.

ok, that probably shouldn't be like this, if i understood your problem correctly.

now the question is, is your wiring correct?

how are your Xbox, your surround system and your TV connected with each other?

and what surround system do you use?

35 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

ok, that probably shouldn't be like this, if i understood your problem correctly.

now the question is, is your wiring correct?

how are your Xbox, your surround system and your TV connected with each other?

and what surround system do you use?

Discovered the reason, very stupid: different from all other games, the sound of other player's voices is linked to the sound of the game, since i don't listen to the sound of the game in my headphone but in my TV, the voice of other players also leaves through the TV, i need to configure my phone to listen to the sound of the game in it, and with this, also other players, first time i saw something like this, kind of stupid.

Sign in to follow this