Sign in to follow this  
Cache Ent.

Questionable Deaths?

1st Death: Character will freeze if controller is dissconnected.. Took me hours to find my friend, out of nowhere it rained an my controller died due to me running out of batteries. got up, Put some new ones in, (took about 5 seconds) When I turned my controller back on I noticed my character wouldn't move at all. I was froze in the middle of the street... So I decided to restart my game. When I came back my rain drop icon was yellow,  It wasn't even raining anymore, over the time my character got worse. Started to get random blackouts eventually leading to death, losing everything I  F***** had. 

2nd Death: Low water drop rate.  My friend an I would literally struggle/drag ourselves across farms an villages with Red pulsing Crosses on our lower screens searching for something to hydrate us so we wouldn't die..  absolutely no wells were found during or journey through 6 citys. Its not like we have bad eyes, theirs literally no items in any of the houses you've created. We've  been inside a whole School an all it had was a rope (IM SERIOUS).  My friend (which has been playing since the PC Day-z),  couldn't even find any type of liquid for us to drink. We did more fighting against our own health icons than anything els.. We weren't getting shot, we weren't getting knocking out by zombies or any fall damage from obstacles, we just simply couldn't find anything to F***** drink. After eating a full can of spaghetti I got from my friend, that still wasn't enough. The very last house I Found a coke and that still wasn't enough even though my arrows were going up? Doesn't that mean im healing lol? I have to start hours of grinding all over again because I couldn't find a  extra sprite to sip lol? plz Fix your game. I understand its a work in progress, but If I eat a whole can of Spaghetti onto of drinking a soda while seeing my arrows go upward an my screen  randomly turns red telling me I still died then thats Bullshit. Thats not realistic at all. Only thing that kept us alive were can foods an Tuna. That only holds the Water icon for so long... Smh... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cache Ent. said:

1st Death: Character will freeze if controller is dissconnected.. Took me hours to find my friend, out of nowhere it rained an my controller died due to me running out of batteries. got up, Put some new ones in, (took about 5 seconds) When I turned my controller back on I noticed my character wouldn't move at all. I was froze in the middle of the street... So I decided to restart my game. When I came back my rain drop icon was yellow,  It wasn't even raining anymore, over the time my character got worse. Started to get random blackouts eventually leading to death, losing everything I  F***** had. 

2nd Death: Low water drop rate.  My friend an I would literally struggle/drag ourselves across farms an villages with Red pulsing Crosses on our lower screens searching for something to hydrate us so we wouldn't die..  absolutely no wells were found during or journey through 6 citys. Its not like we have bad eyes, theirs literally no items in any of the houses you've created. We've  been inside a whole School an all it had was a rope (IM SERIOUS).  My friend (which has been playing since the PC Day-z),  couldn't even find any type of liquid for us to drink. We did more fighting against our own health icons than anything els.. We weren't getting shot, we weren't getting knocking out by zombies or any fall damage from obstacles, we just simply couldn't find anything to F***** drink. After eating a full can of spaghetti I got from my friend, that still wasn't enough. The very last house I Found a coke and that still wasn't enough even though my arrows were going up? Doesn't that mean im healing lol? I have to start hours of grinding all over again because I couldn't find a  extra sprite to sip lol? plz Fix your game. I understand its a work in progress, but If I eat a whole can of Spaghetti onto of drinking a soda while seeing my arrows go upward an my screen  randomly turns red telling me I still died then thats Bullshit. Thats not realistic at all. Only thing that kept us alive were can foods an Tuna. That only holds the Water icon for so long... Smh... 

Regarding your first death. When your controller died and turned back on it seems like this is a bug that you were not able to move your character. Please be sure to post a bug report.. As for the rain drop icon this icon indicates how wet you are. Because it had previously been raining we were still wet. The best thing to do at this point is get near a fire.

Post your bug reports here https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/2/

I would recommend looking at a map to locate wells if you are not sure where to find them which i'm not sure why your experienced friend didn't suggest. There are wells in nearly every town. Don't take this in a way that i'm digging at you because i'm not, i'm just giving you some advice that might help you.

If it is a case of you don't want to use a map then will you have one hell of a learning curve if you want to remember where ever single well is.. I've been playing DayZ since 2012 and i still sometimes have to check a map to remember where wells/ponds are.

TIP: Water purification tablets spawn in deer stands.

Edited by II AJEARLEY II

Controller bug is a bummer, but was not the cause of your death.

If you are wet, light a fire to dry off and warm up. If it has stopped raining, you can take off your clothes, empty the contents,and wring them out; or at least you could in previous patches.  I haven't played the latest one yet, but it's worth a try.

I find it VERY hard to believe that you went through 6 *different* towns without finding a well. At the very least, you can drink from any pond or creek; though these will make you sick sometimes, especially if your health is already low ans your immune system is compromised.
Food and drink are, and should be, somewhat hard to find.  The best thing you can do is to find a knife and kill any chickens you see.  hell, I met a random guy and we both had knives but no food, so we chased a herd of cows around for ten minutes slashing any of them we could get close enough to, and eventually killed one and had a feast.

There is a lot to learn about DayZ, and you just started.  So before you start telling the devs to fix their game, I would humbly suggest you learn to play it first.  I'm gonna renew my gold subscription soon, probably tomorrow, and give the console version a try.  Add me, my gamertag is  the same name as here, and I'll try to meet up and show you the ropes sometime.

Don't get discouraged.  And remember, it's a work in progress, and there will be bugs.  I've played every patch since .58, and had a hell of a good time testing new content and fighting through bugs.  I sure as hell don't expect a clean and polished experience yet, and neither should you.

There is nothing else like this, and you could count yourself lucky in a way to be in on the ground floor of the console version.  If you stick with it, a year from now, you'll be steamrolling kids as new as you are today.