The HorseMen Clan

Please reduce the need to drink and feed

So far I'm loving DayZ on Xbox, but it just seems like the need to drink and feed is way to frequent. Not fun at all when your character starts to limp 5 minutes after respawning.

I feel it should be tweaked. I rather die by zombies or PVP, over not finding a well or canned food fast enough. Gets old!

Thanks,

VEX

Edited by The HorseMen Clan
  • Like 2
  • Beans 2

Yes this needs to be tweaked, either increase food/drink spawns or lower the drain a tad. I can barely walk a hundred yards before limping sets in. Sprinting as it is now is a no go.

• Beans 1

7 minutes ago, Deathbykarma said:

Yes this needs to be tweaked, either increase food/drink spawns or lower the drain a tad. I can barely walk a hundred yards before limping sets in. Sprinting as it is now is a no go.

Exactly. Just sucks the fun right out of it...

• Like 1

It will happen, once there are wolves and bears and so on....

• Confused 1

I do agree. The drain is quick, Although aimlessly sprinting won't help you but even walking/jogging and whilst taking breaks to not exhaust my guy the meter's still  turn yellow to red relatively fast. 

1st time playing yesterday and really struggled upon spawning (In a random bare area too, mind) to acquire any food/drinks. Died from thirst & hunger in my first 2 plays then on my 3rd character; I spawned near a town with a well! As you probably guessed this majorly helped and now I'm happily playing along still using my 3rd character. 

More items spawned in would help but I think it's better to have less items around and then just lower the speed of the meter decreasing. 

• Beans 1

I think lowering the rate at which the meters decrease would be best as well.

My first two characters died from hunger after endless searching. My third spawned in a larger town on the eastern coast and after searching the whole town, had about 20-30 buildings maybe, I managed to find one can of Pepsi lol. That managed to get me out of the red and down the road which landed me on a streak of finding food which is nice but I just can’t find enough to get into the white for any length of time. 

The issue with the backpack not filling completely is also frustrating because I find myself dropping other loot or weapons just to carry extra food that should have gone into my inventory without dropping anything.

• Beans 2

Yes. It truly becomes a chore to get off the coast and venture out to the mainland where the majority of great loot is located. 

It'll be great if they just reduce the rate of thirst and hunger, or how fast it decreases your heatlh.

Limping around zombies and other players due to this is lack luster.

I hope they are listening. :)

Yeah this needs to change ASAP or the game is going to die as quickly as our characters do. I didn't even have time to fully loot Komarova (which I spawned right next to) before my character starved to death. That's hundreds of times faster than the PC version and it's not a good change.

• Beans 3

29 minutes ago, DreadGrunt said:

Yeah this needs to change ASAP or the game is going to die as quickly as our characters do. I didn't even have time to fully loot Komarova (which I spawned right next to) before my character starved to death. That's hundreds of times faster than the PC version and it's not a good change.

Unfortunately, I agree 100%. Lots of gamers who never played the PC version will move on, fast.

I hope they fix it asap, loving the rest of the game on console so far.

Please fix! 

Sad face.

• Like 2

Screw that fix the fact that I can't even join a server rn and I just bought the game this is bs I'm a huge fan of dayz but this is stupid so far this is worse then Pubg in early game preview

Edited by Moistoysta42069

I feel like it's tough because there is fun in grinding for food and drinks. If you're smart you can make it. A lot of towns have a well in them and I come across a lot of canned food, chickens, sheep, etc. If you play it smart then you should be okay. Spawn on the coast and start jogging in (don't sprint or you'll be dying before you know it). Once you get a feel, you can do fine most of the time. Maybe a little tweak though. Too much and you'll be able to collect too much food and water and then you'll be discarding. I know I discard canned food once in awhile because it takes up too much space. Maybe adjust water and food is okay. 

I think y'all just need to learn how to play the game and atop belly aching. Seriously. It isnt that difficult to keep your meters up.

• Beans 1

7 hours ago, Moistoysta42069 said:

Screw that fix the fact that I can't even join a server rn and I just bought the game this is bs I'm a huge fan of dayz but this is stupid so far this is worse then Pubg in early game preview

Be sure you're joining the US servers way down at the bottom.

3 hours ago, Roger Alan said:

I think y'all just need to learn how to play the game and atop belly aching. Seriously. It isnt that difficult to keep your meters up.

Ugh, there's always one tough guy...

No one is "belly aching", it's just a suggestion. 

Simple.

6 hours ago, Baroni88 said:

I feel like it's tough because there is fun in grinding for food and drinks. If you're smart you can make it. A lot of towns have a well in them and I come across a lot of canned food, chickens, sheep, etc. If you play it smart then you should be okay. Spawn on the coast and start jogging in (don't sprint or you'll be dying before you know it). Once you get a feel, you can do fine most of the time. Maybe a little tweak though. Too much and you'll be able to collect too much food and water and then you'll be discarding. I know I discard canned food once in awhile because it takes up too much space. Maybe adjust water and food is okay. 

I played on PC, it was no where near this frequent.

Maybe just reduce how much health it takes when hungry/thirsty. Seemed like I was limping waaay too quickly due to hunger and thirst. 

Just saying...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roger Alan said:

The lone fool....always 1.

Its on different timers to PC, shortened timers and still on the same map but with less loot available?  So yes, shorten the timers. Make the game the same so called build as PC. 

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

The lone fool....always 1.

Its on different timers to PC, shortened timers and still on the same map but with less loot available?  So yes, shorten the timers. Make the game the same so called build as PC. 

Yup!

That, or reduce how how fast it causes the health to drop. I shouldn't be limping past zombies 3 mins after a fresh spawn due to thirst.

How is that fun? 

It seems to trickle down so quick, even when I’ve the 3 upward arrows on both food and water, maybe 1-2 mins later it’s already declining, not sure if there is text that’s says “I am starving, I am thirsty” as the text boxes are oversized and the text is enlarged to the point of not being able to read the full sentence. 

It would help if the food drink icons would turn green so I know I was at peak fullness and can stop drinking or eating. 

• Beans 1

DEFINITELY need to make food and water way more common, or make the drain way less drastic. 

• Beans 1

I don't think they need to be more common, I find food and drinks/water bottles pretty easily .  Right now im sitting on 10cans of bacon. But, I 100% agree they need to make them drain a lot slower. Me and my friend NEVER sprint unless in combat. Eating a full can of beans and drinking a full bottle of water should be able to last you more than 5 mins before you're starving and losing HP.

• Beans 1

15 hours ago, Moistoysta42069 said:

Oh please , Pubg is about to release a 1.0 game that runs 20fps on a xbox one x

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:00 AM, Baker. said:

It will happen, once there are wolves and bears and so on....

Wolves are in. Havent seen bears yet though

The food isn't as big a problem as water I mean I've spawned in multiple times with my water already in the yellow they need to give you a bottle of water to start off or you better hope you spawn near a well 

• Beans 1

Maybe just reduce how fast health is depleated due to thirst and hunger. 

Limping 3 mins after respawning is torture, not survival. 

Totally agree this constantly searching every little nook n crany for a bit o f food to keep you going for another 5mins is starting to get old there is just not enough food in the game even the apple trees don't work for me as well ?

• Like 1

Apple trees now drop fruit on the ground around it, I liked it better when I could search the actual tree. I went thru a whole orchid and only found 2 apples and a pear. Maybe it had already been cleaned out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1