Deathbykarma

Topic needed for tips on crafting

I killed a chicken, yet don't know what to do afterwards since I couldn't even get meat from it. If that was even possible. My character was starving and died next to it while I tried to figure something out lol. So yea, tips ect would be helpful.

5 minutes ago, SquanchyGamer said:

I killed a chicken, yet don't know what to do afterwards since I couldn't even get meat from it. If that was even possible. My character was starving and died next to it while I tried to figure something out lol. So yea, tips ect would be helpful.

Yes to skin animals you gotta equip a knife

2 minutes ago, Deathbykarma said:

Yes to skin animals you gotta equip a knife

Alrighty, thanks man. I had a knife, never thought to equip it lol so I died.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to repair my bag with this sewing kit I found :( not even got round to it yet but how do even build a fire?

In order to cook your food you must:

A) build a fire. This can be done by chopping a tree and using the sticks with tags to make a fireplace. You then use matches or a fire starter kit to light it. 

B) make a pointy stick by sharpening another stick with a sharp object. 

C) Lastly you must attach the meat to the stick and hold it over the fire. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Tylerall5 said:

In order to cook your food you must:

A) build a fire. This can be done by chopping a tree and using the sticks with tags to make a fireplace. You then use matches or a fire starter kit to light it. 

B) make a pointy stick by sharpening another stick with a sharp object. 

C) Lastly you must attach the meat to the stick and hold it over the fire. 

Tags?

1 hour ago, Adrian McClure said:

Nice thanks but yes what are tags?

I think he means Rags, spellcheck probably took over :)

I have started a thread here to offer some hints and tips for new players. Feel free to ask any questions you have and add any info you have discovered.

Edited by BluWolve

As far as saving your inventory off person (ie: stash, tent, etc)...is this available?  I try to keep up with DayZ info but not sure if this is implemented?  

Also, when you log out do you come back into the game with what you had when you logged?  

Is each server a different character or does yours transfer?

Thanks in advance

Tents and Barrels will be re-added to the game soon.

Unfortunately sever hopping is possible, and yes of course all persistence features are present in the DAYZ (Game Preview)

It would certainly suck, at this point in the game preview at least, if we couldn’t migrate the character across servers. I’ve yet to be able to rejoin a previously played on server, and after the 5+ I went through last night they even stopped being listed when I search for just played servers.