Seky1002

Modders

Are active modders on this forum? If yes, can you please post your videos, screenshots, sites or other with your work?

I want to see your modding progress.

Edited by Seky1002

Progress on my map so far... 

Edited by Rustycaddy
Fixed video embed.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

Hey guys, sorry to butt in but we would ask that you only post about your own work and preferably nothing from the older patches as the methods and ethics back then were.. a little questionable.

And.. Is that Anglia, @Jacob_Mango? The vid was hilarious, lol.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 30/08/2018 at 9:47 AM, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

And.. Is that Anglia, @Jacob_Mango? The vid was hilarious, lol.

Thank you :)

What do you mean by Anglia though?

Also yeah, I will soon show off some work I've been doing myself but it's not ready for showing off yet and the hardcore dayz fans wouldn't really like it anyways. More for just the casual ones.

Hey guys, I'm just curious, there is an announcement about the tool coming out later, but how did you modficate the game like that, is there any tool or anything for private usage ? Thank's ;)

Hey Mike! Really big fan of your map work, Do you have any resource for how to get DayZ setup on the P: drive and the config.cpp formating? I'm trying to get set up so I can start a project I got halfway into in A3 already. 

Edited by galvvy

id say about 75% of any config.cpp is useless when porting stuff to dayz, it is similar yes but it is also very different, (rip 200+ hours of hand edited lighting configs) as for making dayz client usable for editing model viewer and buldozer there is a google doc out there with a quick like 10 step process, soon i may be going over it whenever i start making videos when mapping again, and right now it is possible to use arrowhead binarize to get content functional ingame, however it is a temp fix just to check stuff ingame to prep it for dayz binarize and release candidates

Edited by crazy mike
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

"(rip 200+ hours of hand edited lighting configs) "

This is precisely what I was afraid of LOL. Thanks, i'll look into this doc. Can't wait to see Vortorsk in DayZ man, that's one hell of a project.

Jacob_Mango has been doing some awesome work with inventories.

• Beans 1

How do I even look into starting modding ? Where should I start. Do I have to launch dayz in offline mode or something ?

I'm quite interested to get into it and get an idea of how it works

Modding tools are not officially released yet for DayZ, so I guess the modding being done already is done in Arma3 tools?

Edited by Beavis3D

Kolobov posted a preview of his winter Chernarus, similar to the one crazy mike is working on.

https://vk.com/dayz_kolobov

Edited by smasht
  • Beans 2