Brevatunnin

free movement with the head

How can I use the free camera? move your head to the sides while walking in one direction, sorry for the Spanish English translation

33 minutes ago, IkaikaKekai said:

Pretty sure I had mine bound to Alt, you can check your keybindings too.

This is the Xbox forum encase you didn't realise..

10 hours ago, Brevatunnin said:

How can I use the free camera? move your head to the sides while walking in one direction, sorry for the Spanish English translation

Unfortunately this feature currently is missing for the Xbox Preview im sure they will get it implemented soon :)

• Beans 1

free camera missing.please change setting like in PUBG

free look on RB and LT (hold) aim weapon LT (press) iron sights

D-pad UP hold - show menu - X switch fire mode, Y change optics/iron sights, B adjusted sights

D-pad UP release - menu disappear

add to setting option change sensitivity for optics and iron sights,to slow for now

On 8/24/2018 at 5:24 AM, II AJEARLEY II said:

Unfortunately this feature currently is missing for the Xbox Preview im sure they will get it implemented soon :)

Ummm wow really? Is there an autorun key as well or is that missing too ... this will be terrible for the players if you can't autorun and watch your back at the same time as you run 30 minutes across the map.  Hopefully they'll just use the pubg button mapping if it's been an issue figuring out how to assign them for some reason.  Why would this be missing?

Edited by Pixel Crisis

10 hours ago, Pixel Crisis said:

Ummm wow really? Is there an autorun key as well or is that missing too ... this will be terrible for the players if you can't autorun and watch your back at the same time as you run 30 minutes across the map.  Hopefully they'll just use the pubg button mapping if it's been an issue figuring out how to assign them for some reason.  Why would this be missing?

Why would this be missing? Why?

Because it's a pain trying to bind this many keys to an XBOX controller, and have things run smoothly. As someone who's spent 100's of hours using a controller for DAYZ Standalone I can tell you it's not easy.

But as has been stated by the Devs for the last week or two now, features are currently missing on the XBOX controller while they work on perfecting and finalizing their controller implementation. This includes features like free-look, walk, and auto-run as well as the additional emotes such as sit down, lay down, and surrender.

If people would just spend more time on Twitter, discord, and reading status reports you'd know they're actively working on this.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PureMarksman said:

If people would just spend more time on Twitter, discord, and reading status reports you'd know they're actively working on this.

Or asking on the games' forum, which is what I did.  Though I appreciate the seemingly half-cocked response to my question...they don't need defending - I just had a question. And as mentioned PUBG has no issues binding auto run, free look, and emotes to a controller.  I realize everything that goes in to controlling DayZ on mouse and keyboard so I'm sure it's a big task to get this all working on controller - but those options are a big part of the game - not having them implemented from Test Day 1 for Xbox is just silly. 

7 hours ago, PureMarksman said:

But as has been stated by the Devs for the last week or two now, features are currently missing on the XBOX controller while they work on perfecting and finalizing their controller implementation. This includes features like free-look, walk, and auto-run as well as the additional emotes such as sit down, lay down, and surrender.

Have a source for that information by chance? 

Edited by Pixel Crisis
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Pixel Crisis said:

Does that sound realistic to you? Running in one direction and watching your back. The point of this is realism and, to be able to look behind while running forward is a little unfair in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Baroni88 said:

Does that sound realistic to you? Running in one direction and watching your back. The point of this is realism and, to be able to look behind while running forward is a little unfair in my opinion.

Replace "realistic" with "authentic" and you're more on track.

As far as camera control goes, it's totally possible to run in one direction and look at another, even more so at lower speeds, so being able to turn your camera around is not immersion breaking nor hurting the gameplay.

Autorun in the other hand kinda goes against the "spirit of the game" in my opinion, which may also be the reason why the devs haven't added it in almost 5 years.

34 minutes ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

Replace "realistic" with "authentic" and you're more on track.

As far as camera control goes, it's totally possible to run in one direction and look at another, even more so at lower speeds, so being able to turn your camera around is not immersion breaking nor hurting the gameplay.

Autorun in the other hand kinda goes against the "spirit of the game" in my opinion, which may also be the reason why the devs haven't added it in almost 5 years.

IRL can you face one direction and look 180° behind you? Doubt it. You can already look to your sides in DayZ. I have no problem looking left and right while running straight. But yes, if you need to check behind you, you may have to turn your character a bit.

Edited by Baroni88

1 hour ago, Baroni88 said:

IRL can you face one direction and look 180° behind you? Doubt it. You can already look to your sides in DayZ. I have no problem looking left and right while running straight. But yes, if you need to check behind you, you may have to turn your character a bit.

While standing straight up, I can turn more than 180 degrees in one direction by slightly rotating my hips, spine/neck and eyes. I could do more if I really tried to corkscrew myself, but that's not very realistic either. I can do almost as much while walking and jogging and I can still look behind me while doing a sprint, although it's not very comfortable the longer you do it and keeping balance on uneven terrain is tricky.

The point I'm trying to get at is this: We're talking about a game. Minor stretching of "the average reality" for the sake of comfortable/expected gameplay feel is necessary. As another example; some people think the weapon sway was/is way too extreme, especially while the character was exhausted, but I don't think the average person would be able to keep their aim as steady and accurate without training. The survivors in DayZ are not trained military personnel, but their physical abilities and endurance is arguably even better. And what's the deal with instantly fixed broken bones?

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

4 hours ago, Baroni88 said:

Yes, have you never looked back over your shoulder while hiking / running / etc? It's not a full 180 degrees but you can do it ... 

Edited by Pixel Crisis

56 minutes ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

While standing straight up, I can turn more than 180 degrees in one direction by slightly rotating my hips, spine/neck and eyes. I could do more if I really tried to corkscrew myself, but that's not very realistic either. I can do almost as much while walking and jogging and I can still look behind me while doing a sprint, although it's not very comfortable the longer you do it and keeping balance on uneven terrain is tricky.

The point I'm trying to get at is this: We're talking about a game. Minor stretching of "the average reality" for the sake of comfortable/expected gameplay feel is necessary. As another example; some people think the weapon sway was/is way too extreme, especially while the character was exhausted, but I don't think the average person would be able to keep their aim as steady and accurate without training. The survivors in DayZ are not trained military personnel, but their physical abilities and endurance is arguably even better. And what's the deal with instantly fixed broken bones?

+1 well put :)

Edited by Pixel Crisis

19 hours ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

You're right. I'll give it to ya. Seemed like a stretch but I could corkscrew myself into a 180 degree turn. Initially it was difficult but with the rest of my body turning, I could see behind me. I won't be stubborn. 

• Beans 1