Sign in to follow this  
exacomvm

Do this! @Devs

2:57
3:10!

Also pay attention to the weapon details, in DayZ most weapons look very rough and low quality ( maybe besides the new remodeled/retextured m4 ). The PSO scope for example looks pretty bad + its silver, i would prefer the optics to be black/camo. 

Edited by exacomvm

4 hours ago, exacomvm said:

2:57
3:10!

Also pay attention to the weapon details, in DayZ most weapons look very rough and low quality ( maybe besides the new remodeled/retextured m4 ). The PSO scope for example looks pretty bad + its silver, i would prefer the optics to be black/camo. 

Probably not gonna do that, too much performance hit and they just spend time redoing the scopes for 0.63 stress test. Even on the Source engine you can see the frames drop when scoping in Ins. 

PSO scope looks alright to me, maybe a bit low poly as it was originally a 2D scope, now we look through it close up. And the reticle too light. Most of them aren't black/camo. Maybe spraypaint is a solution.
zmalRIC.jpg

I disagree that 'most weapons' look 'very rough and low quality'. Some do, IZH-18 and MP-133 come to mind in particular. DayZ also has lower FOV than some games which makes things like poly count on sights more noticeable.
dayz-0-49-leaked-baikal-mp-133-model-1.j

But many others look just great esp. in external renders. I think part of it is on the renderer.
FOGDCtz.jpg
vadim-spiridonov-b9.jpg?1453322228
vadim-spiridonov-3-b.jpg?1434798749
IkeL9w1.jpg
outsource-2-us-akm-1.jpg?1500636218

• Beans 2

18 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Probably not gonna do that, too much performance hit and they just spend time redoing the scopes for 0.63 stress test. Even on the Source engine you can see the frames drop when scoping in Ins. 

Well i didn't noticed it, maybe -2fps when scoped in max, anyway it should be CPU intensive if its true dual rendering, GPU-wise its the same as increasing your resolution by 800px or so, its not that huge of a deal and if optimized well u wont notice major fps drops. 
Especially considering how much DayZ improved in terms of performance when everyone was running with 15-20fps it wasn't a big deal, and now dropping to 50-60fps from 70-80fps due to "cool scopes" would be an issue ? :D I personally don't mind losing like 20-30fps in exchange of better immersion + when ure scoping in you're not really running or doing anything, so high fps is not even that needed.

The main thing is that the feature could be turned off like in Sandstorm its gonna be.

About the weapons its nice to see they being reworked, i hope same will come for buildings and some props. 

DayZScreenshot2018.08.20-20.40.58.29.png

Even its blured you can see how low res it looks, so changing it with black material w/ some small bumps/scratches would make it look alot more pleasing + its way too low poly, they could've made it higher since they knew it was going to be displayed on 30% of the screen. For example valve has good way of optimization, they use 2 different models for props ( when weapons are on ground ) and separate model when players uses it, also if i remember correctly some of the models that are in hands actually don't have another side of it, its like cut-off to save performance, while the props are full lower poly version, so culling for weapons could be a thing. 
P.S. The settings is maxed out.

Edited by exacomvm