PureMarksman

DAYZ (Game Preview) BUG REPORTS

Hey guys, so I've been testing out as much of the DAYZ (Game Preview) as possible via the incredibly generous streams provided by AlexRUils sharing his controls; a big shout out and thank you to Alex from all of us who are getting the chance to contribute.

Throughout my sessions, I've kept a few notes on what I find to be the most common bugs/issues experienced so far. I'll be posting what I can with as much information as possible, however please note game recordings of all instances bellow can be found amongst AlexRUiLs saved mixer streams (as mixer users are unable to capture screenshots or recordings via mixers Controller Sharing feature)

DAYZ (Game Preview) Bug Report:
1. Doors Animations and Collisions.
Most doors do not open away from the player. This is not always an issue, however certain buildings with obstacles out front, near the door (Porches/Varandas, Fencing) will often result in the player being stuck between the door and obstacle, or simply stuck inside the door or wall itself unable to move.

Closing the door will then unstick the player. Problems persist until the player repositions before attempting to reopen the door.

2. Equipping Clothing & Equipment
Sometimes, when attempting to switch out a piece of clothing or equipment (vest, protector cases etc) from the vicinity to your inventory, or from the vicinity to 'equip', all current stored items in the container are lost upon moving the item.

3. Using Items/Interactions
On occasion using an item becomes impossible, and the action/animation is continuously canceled upon holding RT almost immediately. Repeated attempts result in no success.

Current solution so far has required the player to drop or store the item from their hands, and reequip to use.
(The same issue is also present when attempting to use a knife, or an axe to cut trees, or tear rags etc. The same solution applies, drop the item and reequip to use.)

4. Character Movement
Whilst I am unsure what causes this to happen exactly, it appears at least some of the time right after landing a small drop/fall that intiates the "landing animation" the character movement becomes stuck, rigid, and slow.

Laying down prone, and aiming has been found to fix the issue.

5. Player Animations
An animation error occurs when equipping your weapon via Holding the Y button, whilst running forward and looking behind you. I assume either the camera fails to reposition facing forwards, or the player character fails to turn around and face the direction the camera is looking.

Either way, the issue results in the camera locked facing behind you, and the character animations going haywire as the player model attempts to turn around.
Removing the equipped item/weapon from your hands via pressing Y again does not fix the issue, and instead bugs out the players movement casuing them to "moon walk" uncontrollably in one direction.

The only fix we found was using an emote to overwite the action/animation, then cancelling the emote.

6. Persistence Failure
Exiting the game, and logging back into to same sever, or any other will almost always result in some loss of inventory.

On occassion, in game, items can also sometimes completely dissapear from the players inventory for no reason, no current cause for this issue has yet been identified.

Thanks again to Alex for the chance to be a part of the insider experience and help support DAYZ in whatever way possible, and a huge thanks to the Devs for producing such an amazing build for us to try.

Looking forward to the next round of signups!

• Like 2

All thanks go to @AlexRUiLs for streaming the controllers. I was just doing my best to mod play times, and run people through the basics, as well make sure they knew where to find the forums and future release information.

Thanks heaps for checking out the stream though, it all helps DAYZ andI hope to see you soon in Chernarus :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PureMarksman said:

All thanks go to @AlexRUiLs for streaming the controllers. I was just doing my best to mod play times, and run people through the basics, as well make sure they knew where to find the forums and future release information.

Thanks heaps for checking out the stream though, it all helps DAYZ andI hope to see you soon in Chernarus :)

Shoe stealers. 

• Like 1

Hahaha, is that what they call Controller Sharing? That's hillarious I haven't heard that one before :P

• Like 1