Sign in to follow this  
Console Peasant

Why I'm excited.

I'm getting bored with battle royals. I'm getting bored with being forced to kill and move, bored with the competitiveness and everything being in rounds. I'm craving the feeling of winning a fire fight and just being able to chill with a can of beans, not worrying about some dumb circle forcing me into something that I ain't ready for. I want the interaction of running into someone who isn't forced by the game to kill me and maybe buddy up. It's weird to say but the idea of DayZ is kinda chill to me, in the way of not really being forced to do anything other than keep your needs up and that seems relaxing to me. Sure zombies are a thing, and hostile players, but with what I've seen, people hardly run into each other. DayZ will probably be my first game where I can just sit next to a campfire and just, ya' know, look at the scenery and enjoy the idea that someone could either kill me, or sit with me. 

Anyway, to make this into a proper thread; what are ya'll most excited for? Experience or game-play wise. 

Edited by Console Peasant
  • Beans 2

It's a nice thing to have to consider your time investment, huh?  Refreshing to know that everyone else isn't forced to kill you, social interaction actually exists, and that you won't be at nothing again in 30 minutes or less.

Edit; oh wait, this is the xbox forum.  This may or may not play out like it does on PC.  *shrug* 

Edited by Parazight
  • Beans 1

On the bright side - when the xbox generation turns up in the game we won't need zombs anymore
( say, can you actually hear the grim-reaper grin ? )

Sadly that interaction you are looking for isn't going to exist on Xbox. Unless they allow private servers where someone makes it  a rule to be in game chat at all times.

41 minutes ago, Recinema said:

Sadly that interaction you are looking for isn't going to exist on Xbox. Unless they allow private servers where someone makes it  a rule to be in game chat at all times.

I'm more optimistic! I think the people who don't use mic will eventually get phased out, or ya' know, keep the game alive. Consider no mic's bandits. People will talk though, I know it. 

I've been around since the dawn of Standalone, the problem isn't consoles its people.

DAYZ was never "nothing but greatness" from the get go, what made it great was the commited and intelligent community presence. But the fact is there are as many trash KOS severs on PC as there is or ever will be anywhere, the only benefit to PC that all the trolls, and people not there for the hardcore survival have simply gotten bored and gone off with hype train  onto other games.

The only people left on DAYZ now are real fans of the game, or fans of the streamers that promote it, whome most of the time play in a very friendly, rp, or social way.

So don't pretend PC severs are somehow all amazing, because I have standalone *cough*TrumpsWall*cough*.

All PC has is a more devoted, and experienced player base who do a damn good job managing their severs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PureMarksman said:

I've been around since the dawn of Standalone, the problem isn't consoles its people.

DAYZ was never "nothing but greatness" from the get go, what made it great was the commited and intelligent community presence. But the fact is there are as many trash KOS severs on PC as there is or ever will be anywhere, the only benefit to PC that all the trolls, and people not there for the hardcore survival have simply gotten bored and gone off with hype train  onto other games.

The only people left on DAYZ now are real fans of the game, or fans of the streamers that promote it, whome most of the time play in a very friendly, rp, or social way.

So don't pretend PC severs are somehow all amazing, because I have standalone *cough*TrumpsWall*cough*.

All PC has is a more devoted, and experienced player base who do a damn good job managing their severs.

Didn't say things will be super amazing. Just chill. I understand that most servers will be constant KoS, but to me, it's gonna be fun tracking those kind of people down and ruining their day before they can do it to somebody else. 

My expectations aren't massive. I know I'm gonna die. A lot. I know bugs will ruin shit for me, maybe fuck up my day, but still DayZ is gonna be something new. I want something new in this wave of the exact same thing.   

• Beans 1

I just think its important we all keep an open mind, and do our best to make DAYZ what we think it should be, leading by example.

There will be challenges in the beginning as always. But come 6 months, to a year from release and the players who have stuck around will be the ones worth playing with. 

• Beans 1

Sign in to follow this