Elsie Raven

PVE Servers

It would be good to have official PVE servers. Community servers are ok, but don't always stay around for long, plus some of the admins kick you for no reason and with no explanation despite following their rules to the letter.

Every official server is a PVE server. Ok, they're also PVP servers, and with luck, even Roleplay servers. The only difference you make as a player is to play as YOU play. I had a 2mates PVE camp on the UK5-80 (6 tents and 5 barrels) and it was untouched for 9 weeks. Sometimes we also did PvP ... or tried RP. It was a lot of fun because we knew we were not alone, and we never knew what other players, pve? pvp? or maybe they welcome RP. These variants without rules make the official server really exciting. No team or admin will watch, just YOU and YOUR decisions.

• Beans 1

On 8/10/2018 at 12:42 PM, Sqeezorz said:

Every official server is a PVE server. Ok, they're also PVP servers, and with luck, even Roleplay servers. The only difference you make as a player is to play as YOU play. I had a 2mates PVE camp on the UK5-80 (6 tents and 5 barrels) and it was untouched for 9 weeks. Sometimes we also did PvP ... or tried RP. It was a lot of fun because we knew we were not alone, and we never knew what other players, pve? pvp? or maybe they welcome RP. These variants without rules make the official server really exciting. No team or admin will watch, just YOU and YOUR decisions.

Some players prefer PVE only... and there is enough demand for tools to support such gameplay that it would be wise to have the option available in vanilla.

1 hour ago, NachoNinjaGnome said:

Some players prefer PVE only... and there is enough demand for tools to support such gameplay that it would be wise to have the option available in vanilla.

I know, but the pure PVE play on an official server is much more exciting. You have to be careful, you are never sure, entering a military base requires a lot of excitement and all-round visibility. Also your base, the location must be well chosen.

You do not have all this on a pure PVE, and you never learn behavior and alertness.

In a game that asks for the difficulty level at the beginning, does one always click on the simplest one? easy mode?

I have nothing against pure PVE servers, but the boredom comes over me after a few hours of play .... because there is no challenge.

The official servers should remain exactly what they are: open to everything and everyone, pure DayZ without ifs and buts. For everything else there is the possibility of private servers (with all advantages and disadvantages).

On 8/12/2018 at 2:52 AM, Sqeezorz said:

I know, but the pure PVE play on an official server is much more exciting. You have to be careful, you are never sure, entering a military base requires a lot of excitement and all-round visibility. Also your base, the location must be well chosen.

You do not have all this on a pure PVE, and you never learn behavior and alertness.

In a game that asks for the difficulty level at the beginning, does one always click on the simplest one? easy mode?

I have nothing against pure PVE servers, but the boredom comes over me after a few hours of play .... because there is no challenge.

The official servers should remain exactly what they are: open to everything and everyone, pure DayZ without ifs and buts. For everything else there is the possibility of private servers (with all advantages and disadvantages).

PVE isn't about challenge.  It's about escape.  It's about interaction.  It's about exploration.  It's about discovery.  It's about random shenanigans.  There are so many aspects to a game like DayZ that just shrink into the background in the KoS fest that is most servers.

There will be no such thing as a pve server without server owners totally enforcing this.  Official servers will always be pve/pvp.  There is no plans for vanilla servers to be strictly pve.  Wait until modding comes in and someone creates the rainbows and butterflies server

I'm happy with the way things are, but i do think there should be some PVE only and restricted PvP tools build into the core dayZ. Not saying have them active on official servers, but to let people that want them, use them, when renting their own server... options such as.

- No PvP damage

- Restricted PvP times (so maybe they only fight each other on weekend and base build in the week)

Can't see the Devs entertaining such and idea till after version 1.0, as they have 'set in stone' whats going in. still, it may be worth their while to offer such options, if they are not to hard to make, in-order to sell the game to people that wanna RP with no PvP (such functions can be good for content creators/youtubers as well, who wanna plan out a story, but a random KOS just f**ks it up).

Fair enough having your own server and saying it PvE only, but, as i found out, if a server is open to all (and sometimes white listed) Cowards and trolls come on there, knowing there is less chance a player will KOS, and they just kill players (happened to me, day one, of coming back, wanted to just catch up with Devs progress,was expected :P). So, to be less trollin', a proper systems, that lists a server as  Pve (In code,not just player rules) or restricted PvP times, is needed.

...And before someones says, ''that's not what dayz is about, that's not what dean set out to do''... If that's the only reason not too, that would be silly. Offer more options to customers (within reason), sell more games :) After all, no ones losing out, such people probably wont play long without such safety nets, and therefor, wont ask their friends to join.

Also, a reason you would not see PvE only on official is, would have to make yet another 'Hive'... still if they had delt with 3rd person visual restrictions in a proper mana (Example where given years ago) there would have been no need to have 1st and 3rd person Hives, and maybe PvE official would have been on the table

---

Some people wanna Rp rebuilding civilisation... some people in just wanna play army men and not just KOS but hunt other players down... that can really spoil it for some players... Idiots going to that extra risk, to hunt someone down, put your self in danger and for what? a kill?

Video may be fuzzy for the first few hours of it being up, while you tube processes it.

somewhere in the video is an interaction with another player, well 'interaction' may be to strong a word :P... they wanted to get a kill, was just silly and immersion braking... they where playing a frag match, i was playing a survival game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-icfDVbXo4A&feature=youtu.be

and as you can see, i'm not dissin him because i can't PvP, it's because it was low grade PvP, you can get that from a Death-match game, if i wanted that, that's where i would go :P Still, days is open to all.

Edited by soods
  • Beans 1