Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ImpulZ

Stress Test vol.34

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

fishing not in this year!!!?
why on earth?...what is so tricky to add fishing?

in stress test i drink from stream with bloody hands and also eated few raw chickens but didnt get sick.

We have to redesign and rescript the entire fishing system. But more importantly, while we are ourselves big fans of fishing, the reality is that there are higher priorities than getting fish right now for the game. Those include base building, vehicles, sicknesses and a refined combat/movement. And those systems naturally have a priority, so we decided to postpone fishing.

Regarding Cholera, we are talking about the first implementation of the first sickness on the Stress Test branch. It is work in progress, unbalanced, and bugs can occur.

23 minutes ago, EZann said:

The devs seemed to think differently just 3 days ago:

And we still stand with that word.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really good stress test, I've had no issues except for a couple of kicks during the deathmatch spawn phase. not a single BE kick. Some server lag now and again and stuttering zombies.

My only feedback right now is that dying instantly with no feedback, like at least a sound of a gunshot is really jarring, I know realistically a headshot would result in an instant death but it's still really odd in gameplay.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ServiusAU said:

\My only feedback right now is that dying instantly with no feedback, like at least a sound of a gunshot is really jarring, I know realistically a headshot would result in an instant death but it's still really odd in gameplay.

It's part of the game - though I wish they'd have a sound play after the black screen, just so it isn't so meaningless. sad cello or something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played briefly yesterday just to see some of the newly implemented things.

Jumping seems "spring loaded" and best results were found by timing the release of the key. There are no adjustments to jump direction once you are airborne, which makes jumping over fences from a standstill impossible.

Trying to look through the scope did not work for me but this is likely due to my left handed key bindings (which I did not have time to adjust yesterday).

General performance seemed ok, and client responsiveness was acceptable.

Didn't really play long enough to see much more.

So we're coming up on 4 weeks behind schedule, according to one of Eugene's last statements?

I believe that come Dec 2018/Jan 2019, whatever we have at that time they will call 1.0, whether feature complete or not.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Stress Test, couple of kicks, but Mosins are good and scopes too. And I do not test M4 yet, but my friend found one, but did not have ammo - we can not test it.

But how is working unconscious? My friend did not have blood and no unconscious, only insta-death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

what about the bow , i guess it's out in the cold also with fishing?

Couldn't find anything else regarding the bow besides:

945ad82d79.png

from https://www.dayz.com/blog/status-report-28th-november#/firearms3

But i'm not even sure if they're going to go by that status report anymore because it seems like they don't even mention it much. I mean the link to BETA on dayz.com on the timeline doesn't even refer to this status report when it should imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Played briefly yesterday just to see some of the newly implemented things.

Jumping seems "spring loaded" and best results were found by timing the release of the key. There are no adjustments to jump direction once you are airborne, which makes jumping over fences from a standstill impossible.

Trying to look through the scope did not work for me but this is likely due to my left handed key bindings (which I did not have time to adjust yesterday).

General performance seemed ok, and client responsiveness was acceptable.

Didn't really play long enough to see much more.

So we're coming up on 4 weeks behind schedule, according to one of Eugene's last statements?

I believe that come Dec 2018/Jan 2019, whatever we have at that time they will call 1.0, whether feature complete or not.

In order to look through scopes press middle mouse button to go to iron sights and then scroll the mouse wheel up to use the scope and it'll stay that way so when you press left shift it will automatically raise with the scope ready to use.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Seky1002 said:

Good Stress Test, couple of kicks, but Mosins are good and scopes too. And I do not test M4 yet, but my friend found one, but did not have ammo - we can not test it.

But how is working unconscious? My friend did not have blood and no unconscious, only insta-death.

Yesterday I jumped off some rocks and ended up going unconscious and there's now an animation of an eye (would've looked better with 2 eyes though) opening and closing a couple of times before you regain full consciousness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kopo79 said:

fishing not in this year!!!?
why on earth?...what is so tricky to add fishing?

in stress test i drink from stream with bloody hands and also eated few raw chickens but didnt get sick.
 

I truly hope they add some sort of mini-game for the fishing, as it was very boring compared to many, many games. I love finishing irl, and been doing so for the past 30 years. I've played most of the fishing games out there (more than 60) and I have to admit that I really look forward to getting back at fishing in DayZ... 

2vv1ggg.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Beans 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you sprint in crouch and aim, you don't lose stamina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

In order to get the scope scroll the mouse wheel up and it'll switch to the scope then next you raise your weapon press left shift and it'll go back to the scope.

Thanks for the info.  That was the only thing I didn't try :-)))))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe restart the swe 2-2 and 2-3?

Battleye kick "client not responding" for everyone who joins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, EZann said:

The devs seemed to think differently just 3 days ago:

 

 

I stand corrected. Hopefully that's true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Has anyone figured out how to add fuel to fireplaces?

Just drag the fuel (firewood, sticks, etc) onto the already inplace fuel on the fireplace.  I've made the basic fireplace a number of times now using the bandages + firewood, and the bandages + sticks, and both will let you add more fuel more fuel (firewood or sticks).  just drag it over the fireplace inventory area until you see the icon for the fuel turn the Amber color..  

  • Beans 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, antykain said:

Just drag the fuel (firewood, sticks, etc) onto the already inplace fuel on the fireplace.  I've made the basic fireplace a number of times now using the bandages + firewood, and the bandages + sticks, and both will let you add more fuel more fuel (firewood or sticks).  just drag it over the fireplace inventory area until you see the icon for the fuel turn the Amber color..  

[ - an old trick when you're wet - put your fireplace not too far from the tree & not too close to the rain (where it will start, ya know?) - then just DROP ALL your gear on the ground so you're nekked (even near the fire the gear won't burn)- crouch down by the fire and keep turning, search sticks, turning back, put them on the fire.. you don't have to move around to collect anything, just turn on the spot)  - you can keep 2 or 3 sticks burning by doing this without even standing up. Trick is - as soon as YOU are dry (real quick, takes seven or 8 sticks) as soon as YOU are dry,  ALL your GEAR on the ground is DRY TOO, you just click it back on in 5 seconds and you're toasty and ready to go. ( If you keep wearing your gear to get dry it takes a lot longer.)  ] -  just mentioning.  xxp     <I guess you-all know already but .. whatever ..>

[or go in a house, second floor, close the door, drop ALL your gear, put your head in a corner of the room and run full at the corner without moving until you're dry, takes 2-3 mins, max. Put all your gear on, it's dry too]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Survivors, we are shutting down the Stress Test servers now, but we will turn them back on soon with a new update!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×