ImpulZ

Internal testing of the new content update 08/08/2018

Dear Survivors,

while the work is ongoing on all fronts, despite our efforts the core issue remains. What we have observed during the last few Stress Tests might be caused by multiple issues, but as of now we have identified at least one of them. In certain situations the server is trying to delete an object that is no longer there and, while trying to find it, it is scanning the whole map. Once the fix is in we will announce the next Stress Test.

Let's get this done.

- Eugen Harton

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Beans 12

Good Luck, Praying for you all,. All I can ask for from all of you is to do yours best. If all else fails,  Smash it with a hammer, that'll help it, for a short little bit.

In certain situations the server is trying to delete an object that is no longer there and, while trying to find it, it is scanning the whole map. 

As you can see with what consistency a program works ....

SERVER TO BE: I have an order, and I will do it now ... no matter what the knocking players at the entrance want,  Battleye send the players home ... I'll contact you when I find the can of beans.  BE TO SERVER: Ok, chief i do it.

This is devlopment in reality, hard and heartfelt.

Thumb up.

Just a word of advice from a founder and longtime supporter. You are losing your momentum because you have given people a taste of .63 and they refuse to go back and play .62. Why not move an earlier yet working build of .63 to the stable with more stuff in the game so people aren't forced to play something else.  Figure out a way to keep people content while you go and fix things but at least bring the fun back to the existing player base. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sqeezorz said:

In certain situations the server is trying to delete an object that is no longer there and, while trying to find it, it is scanning the whole map. 

As you can see with what consistency a program works ....

SERVER TO BE: I have an order, and I will do it now ... no matter what the knocking players at the entrance want,  Battleye send the players home ... I'll contact you when I find the can of beans.  BE TO SERVER: Ok, chief i do it.

This is devlopment in reality, hard and heartfelt.

Thumb up.

sounds as if a game with sw like BE has to somehow have mechanisms in place to counteract the black box behavior that is BE in the context of the game. Not sure if it is actually more a white box to developer studios.

1 hour ago, PsyStormZ said:

Just a word of advice from a founder and longtime supporter. You are losing your momentum because you have given people a taste of .63 and they refuse to go back and play .62. Why not move an earlier yet working build of .63 to the stable with more stuff in the game so people aren't forced to play something else.  Figure out a way to keep people content while you go and fix things but at least bring the fun back to the existing player base. 

This is exactly what they would want to do. But the whole issue is that they can't progress much more with these blockers causing unplayable experiences. The most stable build of .63 is what's on experimental and this new build has more content yet is unstable. How do you think they can manage to do what you say if this is the result? xd

And honestly what you're asking is sorta exactly what occurred in early standalone days. A lot of fundamental issues that were present could not be fixed and just more content kept flowing in to keep our interests. But it got so bad that eventually they as well as the community could not just deal with constantly finding workarounds and bandaids to issues that required more than that.

28 minutes ago, joe_mcentire said:

sounds as if a game with sw like BE has to somehow have mechanisms in place to counteract the black box behavior that is BE in the context of the game. Not sure if it is actually more a white box to developer studios.

and after 6 years there is still no sign of crimean sparkling wine xD

PS: good to see some of the veterans

• Beans 1

To all the People that are Posting,Let me be Clear.when you log onto the game it Clearly says       "This is an Alpha Game"..........your Posts here do have meaning to the Devs trust me they do Value Input..Now with this being said as i have Played this game For many years and have seen the Improvements and Know that I did pay for it as well but I also READ the Disclaimer. you are a Guest WORKER (in Layman's Terms) please post your bugs that you find to help the Devs Make the game better. I for one Love what im seeing  And yes i want to have fun on the game,Actually im Chomping at the Bit to get Another Server up so we can get back to playing. BUT there is always that pesky BUTT... Like the Blonde Zombie chick that had blood running down the inside of her legs in previous Versions long ago gone.Hope she one day comes back as i called her my Girlfriend,,Opps sorry Off Topic......The devs Need to have a STABLE version of the game in Order to move Forward with testing Going into BETA...Ive seen games Go fast and some go Slow.this is what happens its a Process,Things are Moving Much Faster now than they Used to,you should be happy that they Even Consider Posting these updates as they could go back to like it used to be when you got it you got it and that was that.I for one think things are going to Bust Off Pretty Quickly. we might have 63 stable for a Bit before we see anything happen as if the Roadmap that they are on Now it more Stream lined,with the Occasional Bump or pothole in the Road. DEVS ROCK ON,  Players im not bashing you , Patience IS A virtue. and i have to remind myself of that everytime i log onto DAYZ looking for that update.....   ok i feel better how about U?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheNightBot said:

I wish there was an IRL live stream showing you guys working on the game, the office. Would be cool since the game is in development for 5 years and people think you devs do nothing in the office and mostly because nobody did this before. Sure audio should be off that way you wouldn't show classified content. 

There are videos showing MOCOP sessions for zombies and character movement,

There are videos showing developers recording in-game sounds and this two alone should be enough to clear any doubt related to development progress and work.

If thats not enough, there are videos and gifs on the progress of each part of the development for two weeks in SR and almost daily reports in twitter.

If your asking for information about development progress there is plenty of updates, but if your just want to put pressure on developers, just don't they had enough already.

Edited by VahidkinG(2ndAcc)

10 hours ago, DannyDog said:

This is exactly what they would want to do. But the whole issue is that they can't progress much more with these blockers causing unplayable experiences. The most stable build of .63 is what's on experimental and this new build has more content yet is unstable. How do you think they can manage to do what you say if this is the result? xd

And honestly what you're asking is sorta exactly what occurred in early standalone days. A lot of fundamental issues that were present could not be fixed and just more content kept flowing in to keep our interests. But it got so bad that eventually they as well as the community could not just deal with constantly finding workarounds and bandaids to issues that required more than that.

So what you are saying is that they have .63 already in game but no weapons and tons of stuff missing and they can't just add some more items to the current build whilst they fix the rest? I don't believe that at all to be honest. They could fix the spawns and add more things and change the loot so that AK's aren't easier to get on the coast than at military bases. They made the game into a coastal shooter with this patch and the for sure could balance it back out to force people around the map a bit better. Watching .63 streams no one cared about exploring cause there was no point. 

As I stated I have also been here from the start and I know what the game has gone through. I also know that with a little bit of thought they could make the current .63 better than what it is. Loot distribution and realistic loot tables, Players Spawns in more places, adding more variety of items etc. Even using some old things for now just so people have a less boring .63 on experimental. 

Many of us have been playing .62 or watching it on stream for ages. We will not be going back to .62 regardless of how .63 goes.

Edited by PsyStormZ

Hey, normally a lurker on this forums for years already.
But this made me remember that a few years ago while I was in service and was working a year together with Bohemia mainly with Arma 2 for out simulation center.

If I understand correctly you now have "bubbles" around each and every player, yes?
And the issue is that when you try to delete an item around a certain player, the server can't find it. Resulting in an infinute loop of the delete function called from scripts which will go over every single coordinate on the map?

I had a small similar issue, which we cleared with a threshold to delete items around a player. Much like the bubble you are using to spawn items right now.
It would search for the item in the last location and if for some weird issue it can't find this said item, it will expand its search function by a certain amount (always in a circle around the player) each time. if the item is still not found, and the script has reached its said limit to search for the item. regard it as destroyed and/or missing. If necessary put the item in a new list or a vector where the last known location is stored of the item. where the server will check for the item each X amount of time for X amount of times.

This way you get the loads off of the player based locations and can quickly notice if the issue is with a few items alone or that it can happen with anything.
Our issue was tiny server lags resulting in the server looking for the item at its last known location at a certain time, if the server would have a tiny lag incident it could result in the server not finding the item. Thus the server thinking that the item must have been moved. Which makes it search all around the world to finally delete it.

I know, this is easier to write down than to make,and the way I wrote it down is not completely the way it would work while coding this. But this is how i worked for a whole year fixing our arma 2 bugs and I was really good at it.

PS: I used to work on vehicles as well. I remade almost all of our military vehicles and recoded the whole codes to make them as realistic as possible.
I was wondering if you guys were still making them the same way as in Arma2 because I was popping out new vehicles each week sometimes 2 weeks.
All working well with gear shifting and aiming, different gum mechanisms and handling etc.

If it is still (or almost) the same. feel free to hit me up. I'd be glad to help if nessecary.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, DannyDog said:

Any info/updates on the free cam features ? :D

11 minutes ago, exacomvm said:

Any info/updates on the free cam features ? :D

#weeksnotmonths™

• Beans 1

To be honest, as it looks right now,  with roughly 4 months left , we will definitely not see a full beta release this year. At this pace my guess is that beta will not be fully playable and feature complete before next spring/summer, with version 1.0 maybe then coming at the end of the year. What really pisses me off is that we we were told that once the new engine goes life, it will be all down to more or less adding the missing content ( "speaking more about weeks than months here" ). We were also constantly told over the last years that all the good stuff is being worked on but can not be released before the new engine is in place. Ok the new engine is here , but as ist seems to me, everything has to be made from scratch again, then being stresstested before it goes to experimental (not even talk about stable). 

PS:  In this case  celebrating the return of the Mosin and M4  seems ....sad... since they were in from day 1 of the SA 

• Beans 2

51 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

To be honest, as it looks right now,  with roughly 4 months left , we will definitely not see a full beta release this year. At this pace my guess is that beta will not be fully playable and feature complete before next spring/summer, with version 1.0 maybe then coming at the end of the year. What really pisses me off is that we we were told that once the new engine goes life, it will be all down to more or less adding the missing content ( "speaking more about weeks than months here" ). We were also constantly told over the last years that all the good stuff is being worked on but can not be released before the new engine is in place. Ok the new engine is here , but as ist seems to me, everything has to be made from scratch again, then being stresstested before it goes to experimental (not even talk about stable). 

PS:  In this case  celebrating the return of the Mosin and M4  seems ....sad... since they were in from day 1 of the SA 

Yes evans, i think alot of the veterans of this community are getting pretty tired of exactly what you speak of. I def agree with the beta timeframe too as would most.

1 hour ago, Private Evans said:

Pretty much... The announcements from late 2017 sounded like an early 2018 beta release ("we don't quite manage before christmas, but it will come out asap next year"). Now it feels like we are already again another year behind even that schedule...

Yes and don't get me wrong because I love what you guys are trying to do. I just feel like you are not communicating properly and you just push people away due to that more than anything. Hire someone that knows how to deal with people. You guys act like you are scared half the time to say anything which is never a good thing. 

13 minutes ago, PsyStormZ said:

Yes and don't get me wrong because I love what you guys are trying to do. I just feel like you are not communicating properly and you just push people away due to that more than anything. Hire someone that knows how to deal with people. You guys act like you are scared half the time to say anything which is never a good thing

Some of that is the community to blame.

6 hours ago, Private Evans said:

Ok the new engine is here , but as ist seems to me, everything has to be made from scratch again, then being stresstested before it goes to experimental (not even talk about stable).

It is just the implementation of it in the new scripting language and systems. Those systems are also still being fine tuned. Sure the new engine is here but by no means is it complete. They dont start from scratch at all. They just need to configure them to work on the new systems and then implement them.

Holy cow, the team are or should I say the leaders and communicators of the team are a bunch of misleading people and their right to promise anything more should be taken away.. I am so disappointed with them and so should any rational person be too, I've been here from the start in 2013 and I have never been this fooled by any company. Our relationship with Dayz and the communicators is like having a relationship with a girlfriend who suffers from a mental illness, a person who doesn't have a realistic point of view of herself and the world around her and despite that she wants good things for the relationship, for it to bloom and grow, she can't help but to constantly misuse your trust and when the shit hits the fan she immediately promises to better herself next time just to fuck you over again just because she can't control herself. Over and over and over and over again. Yet you stay in that relationship and keep reliving the same bullshit over and over until it is your new norm.

I am leaving this game and team behind me in search for better things. Beta will never come this year but If it does, good for you guys, your suffering from all the misguided promises and lies (yes, lies. If a person keeps promising you things over and over and constantly fails to deliver what he/she promises it is indeed lies at the end of the day) has not been for nothing.

Brandon

Edited by Brandon Clinch