AlphaMaul3r

Xbox/PC account cross-over.

Hi guys, as an avid DayZ fan myself, I've been around since DayZ mod was first released by Dean Hall and then when DayZ Standalone came out I was buzzed but I realised my PC wasn't good enough to run it perfectly but none the lessential I played it. Looking at DayZ now it's coming to consoles and I think it's just fair that for all the people who purchased the Early Alpha/Game Preview version of DayZ on PC should get if for free on Xbox, seeing as we've been there from the start. I don't see the point in me paying money for the same game twice?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlphaMaul3r said:

I don't see the point in me paying money for the same game twice?

I prefer the PC version but I'm also interested in the relaxed couch version of DayZ. If you see no point in this you should stick to the PC version.

Hi! Good suggestion - DayZ is not a UWP (Universal Windows Platform) title on PC, so right now we're not considering to allow owners of the PC version to get free access to the Xbox version as well. There are both technical and economic reasons. 

Being a UWP title is required for Xbox Play Anywhere, so we don't have a way to activate the product on Xbox without distributing keys - and those keys could end up being sold illegally. That's the technical reason.

Now for the economic reason: It does sound like it's logical to just get the Xbox version for free since the content and gameplay is the same as on PC, but you also need to consider the costs of running the live environment for the Xbox version. Even if a small percentage of PC players used the opportunity, we would immediately use server time for these players, and that costs us money that we did not cover by sales on Xbox. 

We'd like to support DayZ for a long time after 1.0 releases on all platforms, and for that, we simply need to keep our business healthy - DayZ does not really have any other monetization beyond the game purchase itself, and while that's a good premium business model that we want to maintain, we have to manage the economy carefully. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

10 hours ago, AlphaMaul3r said:

I don't see the point in me paying money for the same game twice?

But regardless, this is what many people do, even on the same platform. (multiple accounts, even without bans)

While this isn't really an argument for anything, I just felt like pointing it out as the reality of things.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

i have over 2k hours on pc and literally have zero intentions of getting DayZ for free on console. Just like any other game thats released on different platforms. You cant buy call of duty for one platform and get it free on ALL other platforms.
If DayZ was cross-platform then there might be some valid reason or as stated, aplay anywhere title. but other than those reasons, just buy the game again. It wont be expensive.

• Like 1

Would be cool but I doubt it. I figured they'd just be getting more of my money so just a few people can work on this title yet again. What I'm hoping for is that a ton of people buy this game on console and Bohemia finally gets the game the resources it needs to become a complete and finished version - quickly. I've been playing DayZ since the mod was first released as well.  We rented our own server back in the day, whitelisted it and modded it all out - anyone remember "Candy Mountain" :).  I purchased Arma 3 just to play better versions of the various mods and even picked up the Standalone before my PC crapped out.  I came across the news that this was coming to console just a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier.  But the fun for us was building (big walled in bases), boating, flying and trading in the mods (chainsawing down trees for wood and other fun gathering that was in the mods and working perfectly years ago), huge firefights etc., and from what I've read, this version, like the standalone - is still so far away from what was created by gamers modding Arma 6 years ago that everyone is still concerned about the final product. I'm just crossing my fingers that this will be what we're hoping it will be - and that it becomes that idea sooner rather than later - I want it to succeed. 

Edited by Pixel Crisis