Sign in to follow this  
zigglr

Why do people keep complaining about lack of action in DayZ?

I keep seeing people complain that there is not enough action in DayZ, the map is too big etc. I think a lot of people are missing the point about DayZ. The whole point of the game is that it's a zombie SURVIVAL game. That means keeping your character alive by searching for food/water, fending off zombies and very occasionally run into another survivor.

If you want a call of duty pvp battle royale situation then go play PUBG or something.

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

I agree, but dayz indeed lack action thats mostly due to no transportation and its like PUBG atm, do nothing for 20mins then pvp > die/win > repeat. For survival simulation its also not there yet, but its still fun. 

Edited by exacomvm

Point of this post is...? To attack people who have become bored of the current build?

Obviously its a survival game, but one of the biggest parts of this game has always been human interaction. Every human encounter doesnt mean instant PVP and every player who says game is dull or lacks action isnt "PUBG PLAYER". It seems like you like to play offline mode.  I have played dayz since 2013 and human interaction has always been the most fun part for me (whether it be intense fight or finding new survivor and exploring the map together). Speaking of map, I do think that whole north expansion has made map too big, especially with stamina, but thats just my personal opinion.

The current stable build is boring and lacks action. Its understandable that empty game is going to get boring after so many weeks. Zombies are easy to dodge, food is easy to find, water is everywhere, no diseases or environmental exposure. Happily for us, its gonna get much better real soon.

Edited by TDsS
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure DayZ will eventually have a battle royale mode, even if it is just increasingly dense infected, wolf and bear spawns; to avoid any kerfuffle over who owns the "shrinking survivable zone" mechanic.  I'd be happy to play that too, but I don't think anything will replace the vanilla experience of DayZ.
Maybe implement some sort of GPS as an endgame item that players have to find, repair, and install the proper codec; which would then ping out other players' locations in 20 or 30 minute increments.  Or maybe give it a more organic feeling, and have vultures circling over players for the last couple hours of the match.

The question is, how long should a DayZ Chernarus+ match last on such a large map; 3 hours, 6 hours perhaps?   Maybe make servers where they broadcast a city or area to control over the radio every two hours, with a respawn and join lockout for the last half hour of the session and the last person standing after the deadline gets points.  In this manner, a player could potentially play for 8 hours and dominate 4 different locations in one life for epic prestige.

It would also be cool to see servers where they wipe the server daily or weekly for some sort of long-form king of the hill game type, where players scramble to dominate vehicles, resources, and areas of control.

I played DayZ 0.54-0.57. I know that even heavily bugged, much worse performing game can be better just because of some simple things.

Edited by Mantasisg

Why do people keep complaining about lack of action in DayZ?

Because you can easily play for 2-3 hours on a full server and not see another player. That's boring.

5 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Because you can easily play for 2-3 hours on a full server and not see another player. That's boring.

I have ran around for 6-8 hours, going from hot spot to hot spot and never encountering anyone, this on full servers, with 15+ man queue's to get on them, if this happened only once in a while it would be a non issue, but the truth is it doesn't, it happens quite a bit .

Edited by Ninefingers