razor6014

Arcteryx LEAF as Tier 1 Military gear

I think The military lineup is missing some waterproof tier 1 gear.  

This is my suggestion to fix this :) 

arcteryx1.pngarcteryx2.png

And I think the raincoat and fire gear are enough. For reasons and balance.

And here i thought the guide for balance was authenticity 
Also ... Modelers/animators have to do something :) 

Edited by razor6014

There is already waterproof mil gear. Modders will take care of whatever else that doesn't make it in the game.

6 hours ago, razor6014 said:

#funmodOn.

Oh, but by God, have you seen the prices? I hardly believe that many people in Chernarus can afford this. And if you're in possession of this dive gear, pray that you will not be shot for the exact same equipment (of course with headshot to keep the clothes new). #funmodOff.

DayZ has enough options with clothing in the Vanilla game, especially if there are still some pros / cons.

And yes, modding will change a lot .... we hope not too much, so that the experience and action is maintained.

And here i thought the pros to cons are clear ... you dont get wet , but you cant carry as much gear

I disagree , there is a butload of gucci military game missing, and more civ gear is also welcome .

And your logic is what , people want to come back to dayz to find everything as it was 2 years before in regards to content ? come on now :D 

Khm , have you been paying attention to tarkov ? Or Star Citizen for that matter also , the more stuff you put in the game the more people eat it up and come in hordes.
Even POE figured this out XD 

3 hours ago, razor6014 said:

And your logic is what , people want to come back to dayz to find everything as it was 2 years before in regards to content ? come on now :D 

Khm , have you been paying attention to tarkov ? Or Star Citizen for that matter also , the more stuff you put in the game the more people eat it up and come in hordes.
Even POE figured this out XD 

1) Everything is not as it was 2 years ago. Also I don't think clothes can be addressed as content. Although I don't mind seeing more fashion further along the road.

2) What do you mean? Tarkov haven't really added anything significant in ages and technically neither have SC, although it has the potential to be the most massive in-depth space mmo ever.

That being said, all 3 are great games and all of them are very different from each other so comparing them isn't going to lead anywhere and adding game objects into the world doesn't really count as content. Unless it's something like.. the greatest car ever made. Yes, I'm talking about Lada Niva.

but thats the point nothing technically significant , as that takes time ,
but here we have a caveat ... whatever they prototype now in dayz .. will also see the light of day in Arma4 , sooner or later , and we know they already tried to have shared assets with the capacity vest ;) 

These items are completely unnecessary.

On 8/2/2018 at 6:11 AM, razor6014 said:

It's not broken.  There's plenty of selection available.

On 8/2/2018 at 7:04 AM, razor6014 said:

Modelers/animators have to do something :) 

Ridiculous argument.

The more stuff you put in the game the more people eat it up and come in hordes.

Based on what? Have you done any actual research?  Or are you just making this up?

"OMG.  Look at this huge selection of camo gear in DayZ.  I must have it!!"  

4 hours ago, razor6014 said:

but here we have a caveat ... whatever they prototype now in dayz .. will also see the light of day in Arma4 , sooner or later , and we know they already tried to have shared assets with the capacity vest ;) 

DayZ and Arma4 are separate entities.  Assets aren't ported over from wherever, by default.  Also, that's not a caveat.

34 minutes ago, Parazight said:

These items are completely unnecessary.

It's not broken.  There's plenty of selection available.

Ridiculous argument.

Based on what? Have you done any actual research?  Or are you just making this up?

"OMG.  Look at this huge selection of camo gear in DayZ.  I must have it!!"  

DayZ and Arma4 are separate entities.  Assets aren't ported over from wherever, by default.  Also, that's not a caveat.

1. Disagree
2. What is ridicolous about it ? 

3 Based on every lootboxes scandal in the last 5 years in gaming.  Yes people are stupid , no point on not profiting from it :) 

4 they are separate entities as a product that bohemia sells , not true for the engine ,model etc , one could say they are only the branches of the same codebase :) 
  and if you think a company wont try to kill 2 birds with one stone you are very naive :) 

Arma4 will build on the Enfusion Engine .... that's pretty much the only thing that's been clear and factual. the rest are only known by the Devs themselves.

And with all the loot out there, it would be cool and nice to have more things. But:

Any item that you can find should also have meaning, a benefit, an advantage to something else. If that is the case (which I suspect), then each item that comes new will make the whole loot behavior more difficult, quite simply for the reason: the more choices there are, the harder it will be to find something specific, and that very point No one will take pleasure, but turn the game into a real hardcore game, which can be too hard for new players, and such products sell badly, because for BI, this is an important point.

Mods... yes with mods are all possible then:

Love it, or leave it.

How on earth did you manage to get from cosmetic new gear to .. if we add more cosmetics the game will be more hardcore ?   XD XD  
That's quite a stretch .. 

As for every item to have a meaning , you are an idealist , im a realist , sometimes someone just wants a hello kitty plate carrier :D 

Edited by razor6014

Im definitely not against clothing variety, but why does it have to be this particular brand?