mugost

I know, but be patient.

8 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

The dad is fussing with the new train set he got his son, while his son is happy playing with the box it came in,

You need to go fishing more bob.... get out of the house some?? hehe

On 7/29/2018 at 10:52 AM, Saylor Twift said:

..//..
Let's say someone pays for the game, plays it, sees how broken and unplayable it is, then leaves the game for 3-4 years..//..

..//..
, there's been plenty of tiny things that made the game unplayable that could be fixed in literally 5 minutes with a tiny update, but they apparently can't take 5 minutes out of their super busy 8 months to make a tiny update to fix a tiny issue that single handedly ruins the game.
..//..

Without getting into "the argument" - which is more or less a rolling self-perpetuating troll IMO .. and shows ignorance about the dynamics of gaming publishers (there are very FEW small independent gaming companies that publish Big games.. count them on one hand) .. and shows amazing ignorance about IT & programming itself:

1) DayZ SA has never been "broken".. Friom the start to the present. "broken" is a programming word with a specific meaning.  DayZ SA has NEVER been "broken" and so  OF COURSE it has never been "broken and unplayable".

2) The second quoted part of your comment is so <I dont know words to correct it, without writing an essay.>  Lets say its .. er.. "over the rainbow, once upon a time in fairyland & long ago far far far away in another galaxy"

Talk to someone professional who works in that "5 minute" seat (a programmer, one of a team). When they explain the reality of their work then tell them to their face they're lying. But not before - thanx.

=[end of comment]=

FREE Extra Content !!

And don't get me started on the mega-growth of the games industry, the absorption and (deliberate) closure, by any almost-legal means, of small/medium companies by the giants.
And the strategies of the now VERY FEW still working "small" & independent games companies, to stay ALIVE, to be original, to Create instead of imitate, to hold on to a freedom the multinationals have already smashed FLAT as hard as they can.
(joke..almost.. You know they have a department in $ony and a couple of other multinationals called the "Office of hating BI and DayZ and watching their every move like vultures")
  The big boys pour money on independent companies the way some folk pour boiling water on anthills: they want them and their creativity DEAD.
So think of BI as a kind of wary armed camp under direct and prolonged attack - a bit like the ALAMO... Anyone "with sense" would leave and join the Mexicans, there are plenty of them, they pay, you get a free uniform,  and you don't have to work so hard (and the boss doesn't worry if you're killed, there are plenty more where you came from.) 
DONT get me started - I can write multi paragraphs with facts figures and statistics (nailed down). Ask BI how much this big-money, games for "average" players  competition is the case, and why they made their choices, and under what kind of pressure they were made.

If you WANT original games from creative companies independent creative people with ideas that are more important to them than cash, that can make their way, stand up and say the honest truth, and NOT be swamped and overrun, betrayed for big bank transfers  by the LCD fast buck cold-hearted (bottom line)  multinationals - if you want that FREEDOM to chose, then get on Xperimental and help YOURSELVES - Or face a future of endless same-same-same-fast profit short-lifetime-endless-drivel. Because there won't be anything else. 

And remember to tell your kids that was the choice YOU made. "Yes kids I voted for mega graphics and ZERO content"  kids, that's why your lives are so dumb, so average, and so predictable. It looks great, its EASY to play, and there's NO learning curve, it has DLCs and there will be a New version II next year. And a Big Plus - It NEVER goes above average IQ appeal (because if you do that you lose 80% of your players). 

Instead of the "FIRST" zombie game,  DayZ might turn out to be the LAST intelligent game.

Then won't you be proud?

(And no I ain't even started on the historical facts yet.. Anyone want the full secret financial history of Internet2 and how international capitalism took it over and made hundreds of billions of kublars from users who have NO IDEA what is going on and WHY they have a banana up their @ss ? - if they have even noticed yet?

xxp   [fight or die.]  Chose to Chose.

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Beans 1

On 8/9/2018 at 7:56 PM, mugost said:

Types of empathy include cognitive empathy, emotional empathy, and somatic empathy.

I guess you are going for "emotional empathy " and leaving out "cognitive empathy and "somatic empathy" ( I followed your link).  I have no problem with partly feeling some other person's emotion (the fight or flight reaction transmits very rapidly as an emotion, i.e. by empathy), but that emotion may often have nothing to do with logic or rationality, it may be disastrously anti-survivalist, it may equally be caused by irrational hatred, drug misuse, propaganda, subconscious psychological imperatives, crowd/mass-hysteria, or malfunction of various cerebral norms.  To cut it short, all human beings feel "empathy" in any interaction with other human beings (or interaction could not take place). However this does NOT explain why one acts in a certain way and another does NOT (eg write in this blog). I empathize with you, and at the same time I note that you are utterly wrong. 

(with my sincere feelings)
xxxP

On 8/17/2018 at 5:28 PM, sneakydude said:

We have already seen the trailers, throwing big words at it doesn't make an argument you know better then this. It was shit then and still is going to be shit. Down to 100 followers, too me that's shit. This one should have been done by now, made great. Not some gumball of garbled code.

Friend... so why are you here?

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

And remember to tell your kids that was the choice YOU made. "Yes kids I voted for mega graphics and ZERO content"  kids, that's why your lives are so dumb, so average, and so predictable. It looks great, its EASY to play, and there's NO learning curve, it has DLCs and there will be a New version II next year. And a Big Plus - It NEVER goes above average IQ appeal (because if you do that you lose 80% of your players). 

Instead of the "FIRST" zombie game,  DayZ might turn out to be the LAST intelligent game.

Just wow. I havent read such a big load of bs in a long time.               

Im sorry, but you either have massive superiority complex or you are just narrow-minded. I guess its a combination of both, and whats worse, you need feel to spam that and force your opinions on everyone.

*watching*

On 7/30/2018 at 10:34 AM, emuthreat said:

I haven't played for weeks.  Might pop back in to see where things are at.  But without cooking pots and stoves, or any persistence, I would describe the gameplay value as little to none.  Not a game.

Cooking pots are in! Stashes are in, haven't tested their persistence. In fact you can bury the cooking pot as a stash.

• Beans 1

On 8/2/2018 at 11:24 AM, PongoZ said:

From the devs stand point, they took in millions and millions of dollars for way less then the same investment on their side. 

lol really? Then why the hell are they still coming in from 9 - 5? Why don't they use their millions of dollars to pay someone else to do the dirty work?

8 hours ago, WOLFGEIST said:

Cooking pots are in! Stashes are in, haven't tested their persistence. In fact you can bury the cooking pot as a stash.

Is it for stress tests or experimental?

6 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Is it for stress tests or experimental?

Stress test with the new content patch. I like your FO2 avatar :)

• Beans 1

On 8/20/2018 at 11:48 AM, TDsS said:

Just wow. I havent read such a big load of bs in a long time.               

Im sorry, but you either have massive superiority complex or you are just narrow-minded. I guess its a combination of both, and whats worse, you need feel to spam that and force your opinions on everyone.

Ignore that garbage man, rabbles on in tongues people can not understand him. We paid for this game, its not done yet that's why i am back to see my released project. not 1 account but 2 i purchased. Still unable to play it, its no where near done yet. 1 more year again passes by.

3 hours ago, WOLFGEIST said:

Stress test with the new content patch. I like your FO2 avatar :)

Cheers, just recently I talked with a friend of mine how my Fallout experience affected my DayZ gameplay. ;)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Ignore that garbage man, rabbles on in tongues people can not understand him. We paid for this game, its not done yet that's why i am back to see my released project. not 1 account but 2 i purchased. Still unable to play it, its no where near done yet. 1 more year again passes by.

Interesting, I remember you as deeply committed to bughunting. Oh well, the last thing I can say is that I'm surprised.

To determine whether the project is in deep S, look no further than here. This community has always been tad toxic, but the information shared was invaluable as well. But nowadays, as there's nothing to discuss content-wise, all we're left with is this ridiculous endless battle between the fanboys and the dismayed. I pop in every now and then to read SRs, each time hardly believing my eyes that the discussion is still there.

I think the only useful bit of information I read here in the entire 2018 was that small stones spawn on hiking trails now.

• Beans 2

14 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Interesting, I remember you as deeply committed to bughunting. Oh well, the last thing I can say is that I'm surprised.

To determine whether the project is in deep S, look no further than here. This community has always been tad toxic, but the information shared was invaluable as well. But nowadays, as there's nothing to discuss content-wise, all we're left with is this ridiculous endless battle between the fanboys and the dismayed. I pop in every now and then to read SRs, each time hardly believing my eyes that the discussion is still there.

I think the only useful bit of information I read here in the entire 2018 was that small stones spawn on hiking trails now.

Your correct, about everything. I refuse to to their jobs so i gave up.

• Beans 2

What are the odds that there won't be 0.63 stable ? I mean it is going to be 1.0, this christmas. Ideally it would be halloween 

11 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

What are the odds that there won't be 0.63 stable ? I mean it is going to be 1.0, this christmas. Ideally it would be halloween 

They wouldn't skip over 0.63.

I would also hope they wouldn't force 1.0 to happen this year and escape Early Access just because they said it's going to happen.

But I also think it's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. 

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

Like predicted.

3 hours ago, Dancing.Russian.Man said:

They wouldn't skip over 0.63.

I would also hope they wouldn't force 1.0 to happen this year and escape Early Access just because they said it's going to happen.

I'm bit afraid they'll do that. They did it already with Arma 3 (campaign came later etc.)

Edited by St. Jimmy

I don't give a fuck about if it is called 0.63 or 1.0 ...alpha...beta...omega or whatever.  All I want  is one proper game version instead of stable, experimental, stress test X box PS4 half assed versions. I would not mind playing an alpha version for one or two years more ( waiting 6 years already),  as long as they pump out now stuff and features on a regular basis. Calling it 1.0  by the end of the year but having it probably not feature complete is not helpful at all but making things worse....

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

Same here, I don't care about versions, and things left to implement. But the game just simply has to be entertaining. Sometimes I think that any game with online features, especially where fun is mostly based on player interactions in some form, racing in a simulator, or just talking with someone in Elektro before getting attacked by bandits... all those games are majorly tied to community. Which you can't buy, can't implement, so I think you should really love it, unless you feel like it is time to let the bird go... you know.

Of course not saying that everything is up to community, loot being ultra rare, and interactions being too rare and less special certainly made DayZ a ton less appealing, just as designed almost.

Edited by Mantasisg

2 hours ago, Private Evans said:

I don't give a fuck about if it is called 0.63 or 1.0 ...alpha...beta...omega or whatever.  All I want  is one proper game version instead of stable, experimental, stress test X box PS4 half assed versions. I would not mind playing an alpha version for one or two years more ( waiting 6 years already),  as long as they pump out now stuff and features on a regular basis. Calling it 1.0  by the end of the year but having it probably not feature complete is not helpful at all but making things worse....

If you haven't seen the list of features pushed post-beta/post-release, you're not gonna like it.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:42 PM, Sqeezorz said:

ehm, an example?

Who remembers Peter Jackson, what a great criticism he had to capture when he announced the film adaptation of the legend of Tolkien (Lord of the Rings). until the final release of the movies, the votes of the fans were very pessimistic. The result, however, was a huge success, as many people now could see the story they previously dare knew (because they had never read the books).

Even the big critics had to admit that Peter Jackson had put the world of Tolkien very well into a movie scene.

And then he went on to make over eight hours of Hobbit movies.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:38 AM, Mantasisg said:

It is reasonable to start being "where is it" after so much time and hope.... 

SCUM will give a run for the money, and I believe that is what is causing the wait at this very moment. 

I only regret not ever experiencing the dayz mod at its time, the time when the love was found. And it has been lost now, quite obviously. 

I tried SCUM today.  DayZ definitely has some competition in the "running around a large empty map doing fuck-all" genre.  After an hour of gameplay I can proudly say I achieved the following:

• Found a crowbar I hope to use as a weapon someday.
  • Ate a cucumber
  • Destroyed someone's lean-to

I also experienced a moment of intensity when some sort of flying drone camera stopped to look at me.

Developers don't seem to realize the clock starts ticking as soon they release their "early access alpha".  I've put 300+ hours into the Standalone.  Certainly not as much as some people, but certainly more than a lot of people put into any game.   I'm starting to feel like "early access" is really just a scam to sell people on the possibilities of what a game MIGHT become, without actually creating it.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, bfisher said:

I tried SCUM today.  DayZ definitely has some competition in the "running around a large empty map doing fuck-all" genre.  After an hour of gameplay I can proudly say I achieved the following:

• Found a crowbar I hope to use as a weapon someday.
  • Ate a cucumber
  • Destroyed someone's lean-to

I also experienced a moment of intensity when some sort of flying drone camera stopped to look at me.

Developers don't seem to realize the clock starts ticking as soon they release their "early access alpha".  I've put 300+ hours into the Standalone.  Certainly not as much as some people, but certainly more than a lot of people put into any game.   I'm starting to feel like "early access" is really just a scam to sell people on the possibilities of what a game MIGHT become, without actually creating it.

You want to know why you feel this way? Because 99.9% of Early Alpha games where behind closed doors, with signed NDA. Publishers invested money, so bad reviews never got out until Release. We signed our lives away, Alpha, Beta and they could go on for years before you ever heard of the game. Now they are available direct, or on a gaming platform like steam.

Steam is a slight work around to keep the costs lower, allowing testers in without paying them, and people can experience the games sooner then later, at a fraction of the costs.

Is it right? i think that depends on the individual that has signed up for NDA in the past. They will always say i dont believe in the way its went, that the direction of the game went in the hands of youth that couldn't draw a straight line, let alone tie their own shoes.

Today, bad reviews are good reviews, and because 5 friends play it on steam 5 more will just buy it. They regret ever purchasing EA after a few hrs of play, or hundreds of hours of play. I tend to find nobody knows how to read anymore, and never care to remember that fine print.... EARLY ACCESS, bugs, long delays, slow dev process, remaking a brand new engine at your cost, etc...  All this matters.... but nobody read the fine prints....

Actually come to think about it? was there a disclaimer stating a new engine was under development prior to purchase? I do not remember if it was on the disclaimer or not.